Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firewire mixer, no firewire in on my laptop

Options
  • 07-10-2007 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok considering finally getting my mitts on a firewire mixer so i can track each drum in individual tracks but ive hit a minor snag.

Although i have firewire ports on my pc i realised there i have none on my laptop....DOH!!!! Now i know your just gonna say why dont you just use your pc but to be honest my laptop is way more suited to recording(more ram and better processor) plus its mobile and allows me to record anywhere which is dead handy for doing demos. Just wondering if there was somthing like an external firewire card out there or similar or am i living in a dreamworld?

Edit
    just saw a 1394 port and upon further inspection and wikipediaing it appears to be a type of firewire port, its a 4 pin type and looks very different to the one on my pc. anyone know if itl work with this mixer?

http://www.musicstore.de/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop-Site/en_EN/-/EUR/ViewProductDetail-Start;pgid=?SKU=REC0004041-000&ProductUUID=0&JumpTo=OfferList

Sorry bout the noobness when it comes to these things but firewire scares me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

They list a 4 to 6 pin cable in Lidl-speak just below it , so you should be in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

handy out, looks like i know what im saving for next, only 200 euro to go.

Advertisement