Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinavasion.com - yea or nay?

• 07-10-2007 6:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭

Anyone use www.chinavasion.com?

Although they primarily sell in bulk, their one-off prices seem to good to be true. Anyone had any experience buying from them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Looks legit to me but then again i dunno... can anyone clear this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

For the exact same items try uxcell.comand they accept paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

The above company (chinavasion) uses paypal for payment ,after checking it out ,it's a non secure site with your account details and payment goes through paypals secure site.

I don't find their offers anything special ,all of the goods are bog standard chinese merchandise .Deliveries start at over 20 euro for normal tracked post ,going up to 29 euro for ups.

A bit steep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I'm always a little wary of handing over credit card details to foreign sites like that

Why?
    Is there is a problem with an order using a credit card, then you can query the transaction with the CC company and they legally have to chase the vendor for you.
    It's an old law called joint and severly liable which menas the CC company is also liable if you can't get anywhere with the seller, they have to refund you if the vendor doesn't complete the order.
    No CC companies will tell you about this and none of them advertise it either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

okidoki987 wrote:
    Why?
    Is there is a problem with an order using a credit card, then you can query the transaction with the CC company and they legally have to chase the vendor for you.
    It's an old law called joint and severly liable which menas the CC company is also liable if you can't get anywhere with the seller, they have to refund you if the vendor doesn't complete the order.
    No CC companies will tell you about this and none of them advertise it either!

I wouldn't really care about the transaction itself ,I'd be worried about the details being sold on to a third party :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

i bought a pmc200 from them a coupleof months ago without any problems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

that place has some pretty good stuff at dirt cheap prices. good find if its legit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Does look legit might bite the bullet and order from them next week :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've gotten a few BBC boxsets from them. Its very hit and miss- some of them are perfect, others view a bit pixelated in places, others still have subtitles that you can't remove. They do tend to come in gigantic wooden boxes (thats what I get for ordering 116 DVDs of Startrek Voyager I guess :D ), so shipping is not a problem (though I would be more than a tad worried about Customs and Excise- but you can cross that bridge when you come to it). Btw- C&E aree opening packages these days- the little sticker saying its a gift is laughed at in their eyes......

• Advertisement
Advertisement