Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats fighting

• 07-10-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I have 2 male cats, coming up to 3 years old, both neutered. They generally are very gentle.
    They spend most of the afternoon indoors, but there is a window open into a conservatory for them to come in and out when i'm in work, or at night.
    There a stray who comes in to eat and take shelter with them and they all get along fine.
    Recently another cat has started hanging around, I imagine he's a pet not a stray. He is very aggressive and is fighting with one of my cats. The neighbours are complaining about them. It happens all hours of the day and night. He seems fearless, I try running him but he keeps coming back.
    Is there anything I can do to discourage him from coming around? Not only is it very distressing to see my cat being attacked, the noise and complaints are going to get worse. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Get a water pistol, and soak it. Don't think cats like getting wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Having a similar problem here with a neighbouring cat. Water pistol ftw heh ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 madenuf

Is the new arrival neutered? Quite frankly I would try and catch the new arrival and lock him inside somewhere safe and warm with food and water. Wait for his owners to come and look for him and then negotiate a solution that must include neutering and keeping him locked up of this doesnt change his disposition. If no one comes looking, and you have made it well known that you have the cat, take him to an animal shelter after a few days. I know this sounds tough but your cats come first. If after you catch him you find out he's feral, release him somewhere far away from your property. If he's feral he's well able to look after himself anywhere. Of course if there is any chance this is a female cat make 100% sure she isnt nursing.

Advertisement