Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford focus 02 stif steering.

Options
  • 07-10-2007 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi guys.

was on to you befor about this. the steering in my car is very stif.
    i brought the car to my mechanic and he said it was the power steering pump so he replaced it but the steering still feels the same. was in my brother renalt megane yeaterday and the steering in that felt a lot lighter. than the focus

hope you can help me with this.

regards.

loreco

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I assume theres standard wheels and the tyre pressure is ok? Some cars have lighter steering than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

If tyres etc as mentioned above are ok then... Is it still the whole way across? If its only 1 side it might be damage to the steering rack from a knock or something. Was there any work done to the car's front bits? ie suspension, major body work etc? But as BB said some cars have heavier steering that others. Have you driven a similiar car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 loreco

every thing else is fine in the car. could it be the the Universal Joint.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Maybe tire pressure? 32psi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 loreco

My sister has an older model focus and her steering seems to be lighter too. Now that I think about it I drove over something a few months back that kicked up under the car and hit it hard, Do you think I may have damage the steering rack?

Surly my mechanic should have found this!

I have the car about a year and this problem has just started over the last month or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement