Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do I stop this annoying XP problem?

• 07-10-2007 12:53pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since I reinstalled XP home, I have an annoying problem. When my computer is idle for 20 mins or so, the monitor switches off (As I want it to do) however when I come back and move the mouse, when the monitor turns back on I get the "Welcome Screen" - I have to click my user name and then It logs back in to my pc. How do I stop this happening? I don't want it to log off and then have to log back on again. I just want to move my mouse and see my desktop. Anyone know how to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

change the screen saver option to not show the log on screen
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/personalize/screensaver.mspx
    and in the power options in the control panel you can adjust the monitor switch off settings and theres a setting under the advanced tab to resume at the lon on screen

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 294 ✭✭XJR

Zascar wrote:
    Since I reinstalled XP home, I have an annoying problem.

In fairnes I don't think it's an XP problem .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

XJR wrote:
    In fairnes I don't think it's an XP problem .

Seconded,

XP Feature, not problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

i agree, i think the 'problem' lies more between the keyboard and the chair

• Advertisement
Advertisement