Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores buying games?

Options
  • 07-10-2007 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am wondering which stores (if any) are still buying games from members of the public; and what type of games? I have some old PS1 games and many PC games that I would like to get rid of. I also need money... ...:rolleyes:

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nowhere buys pc games and ps1 games will get you about 50c (if even that) in game and gamestop so its a waste of time, may as well keep onto them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Peterpocketman

gamestop have stoped taking ps1 games now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Kevster wrote:
    Hi,

I am wondering which stores (if any) are still buying games from members of the public; and what type of games? I have some old PS1 games and many PC games that I would like to get rid of. I also need money... ...:rolleyes:

Kevin.

what pc games are you selling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

50c! :rolleyes: The bus ticket from Naas to Dublin would cost more than selling these games then.

I'm not sure which games I was going to sell MooseJam... My enquiry was more general than anything else; but it seems pointless to sell them now. I guess I would have gotten rid of most of them:

Worms II
    Civilisation II
    Combat Flight Simulator
    Gangsters
    Madden 2005
    Doom III
    Elder Sscrolls III
    Fifa games (many of them...)
    GTA (games... all of them)
    Actua Golf

Bah, there's no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

To be honest I think all those games are now budget titles so you won't be getting anything for them if you sell them anywhere. You might if you sell them as a lot though? Better than having them just sitting around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

At this point i think trying to sell a ps1 game is as bad as soliciting sex from the game worker.

You'll get a bad price on the ps2 games aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭killyoutodeath

i went into smyths to trade in pc games and they told me it was illegal to sell them back to stores! (or maybe they dont like me:D )

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Publish a list if the PSone stuff on Adverts.ie, loads of sad collectors out there, like me for instance!

Advertisement