Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

when to pluck the duck

• 07-10-2007 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey everybody,im new enough to shooting and was wondering how long i should let a duck or pheasent hang for? Should i clean them out first and let them hang or hang them and then clean and cook them? Any advice would be great,cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 17shot

Hang in a dark cool place for about five days with the guts left in.A lot of the wast from the bird should drain away and the guts will harden and collect together in the back area of the bird this makes gutting easyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hang birds by the neck. I go 3 days. everyone has their own ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Four or five days, by the neck in the shed. And dont forget about it, we have all done it (I have anyway!), its gross!!

I normally dont bother cleaning a pheasant after its hung, I take the breasts and legs, you dont get much more by cleaning it.

I see tikkamark in the hunting pictures ate his the next day, depends how much you like like the taste I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭suttongun

Thanks lads,all thats needed now is a couple of ducks,cheers

Advertisement