Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fitting a blaupunkt cd changer to a volvo s40

Options
  • 07-10-2007 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

My father has an '01 volvo s40 with a volvo Hu 405 head unit. he has been giver an blaupunkt cd changer (possibly from a mid to late 90's merc) and would like to hook it up. however the din type connectors are not the same. are there adaptors available or is something like this even possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 b.m92

Yes. Your Local Motor Factors Should Have Them, That Is If The Connections On The Back Of Your New Unit Are I.s.o Connections. The Best Thing To Do Is Bring The Radio In With You And They Will Tell You Yes Or No.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

No, its not an iso connection i need. the changer goes in the boot and is connected by a din cable to the head unit. the din cable is in place and terminates in the boot with a din plug, which doesnt fit the changer (but its very similar) what i need is an adaptor to convert the volvo to blaupunkt, if it even exists.

There will be no removing of radios thank you very much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

is not going to work. you need to have a blaupunkt head unit fitted already that has cd changer control, but if you still have the original volvo radio, is not compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

does the standard Volvo headunit not have CD changer control?

I don't think it's gonna work either BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

As a rule, manufacturer fitted head units will only work with manufacturer branded CD changers. Volvo are like that only worse. All the electric components are wired into the body computers, so 3rd party parts are pretty much a no-go area. 5 seconds on Google says this is the head unit designed for your car which will connect to the DIN connector in the boot. The other option is to get a generic head unit, the fascia adapter and wiring adapter, and replace everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Afaik, Volvo head units will work with some Alpine CD changers only.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

gyppo wrote:
    Afaik, Volvo head units will work with some Alpine CD changers only.
    And "Volvo Specific" Alpine units at that! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Thanks for the help! yes its the original volvo head unit (hu 405) and it does have changer control, so the blaupunkt one is useless? hmm looks like the genuine volvo one will be pricey!

Advertisement