Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav and Apple Macs?

• 07-10-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am interested in getting Satnav for my van, BD pressie from the wife. I've been looking around for ages and I can not make up my mind as to the best one for me.

My problem is that I use an Apple Powerbook. Most of the sat nav's I've looked at are windows blah blah only for updates etc.

Can anyone tell me if there using satnav with a mac??

MOD: Please feel free to move if I am in the wrong place.

Thanks for the help in advanced!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭Lemon3

I have only ever used Garmin GPS and until recently they didn't support mac, but you can survive without it.
    Now they have 2 programs for mac, webupdater and poiloader which you can dl from their site.
    The Navteq mapping on the latest Garmin models is very good and it will be updated early next year. check out the Garmin Nuvi range, the 250w has a wide screen and maps for all of Europe built in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

TomTom have a Mac version of their software (TomTom Home). It's not the most stable software ever made, and it lags behind the Windows version (v 1.5 on the Mac, 2.0 on Win), but I use it with my PowerBook and it works for managing my GO 720, backups, updates, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Cheers, I got the Nuvi310. Great little device. Sure my bro has a PC s I'd be handing it to him for updates etc. I've just not told him yet ;-).

In general most Companys seem to forget about Mac users :-(

Thanks phutyle

Advertisement