Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Ripwave incoming connections

Options
  • 07-10-2007 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Does IBB Ripwave allow incoming connections? I've tried to ping remotely with no success, and no luck getting incoming connections on utorrent.

thanks,
    omega

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The way the Ripwave works, it's designed to only reply to two out of every 10 pings. I bet you're trying to ping the public ip address and not the ripwave's internal address.

To ping the Ripwave locally it's 169.254.254.1

But as I said, it'll only reply to 2 out of every 10 pings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 burmo

Hi,

My ip address is 89.125.83.x, but when I try to ping it externally I cannot see any response, and utorrent shows no incoming connections. Is there anything to do about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Well for a start don't ever give your IP address out on the Internet. Second of all, the reason you can't ping it externally is probably because you have IMCP echo requests blocked on your local (software based) firewall.

Also about the utorrent thing? Go figure, it's probably setup wrong but i'm not going to help you set up a P2P connection.

Chances are you have your firewall configured incorrectly.

Advertisement