Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sheryl crow - what if god was one of us

Options
  • 07-10-2007 6:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Does the start of this song have some weird hill-billy type crap before the music actually starts? Or do I just have two really bad versions of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Don't you mean Joan Osbourne?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

Are you sure its not Joan Osbournes album version you have, it has some 'hilbilly' singing at the beginning of the song, its a sample of a old country number I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Who sang the original? Joan or Sheryl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It was first released by Joan Osborne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JohnnyStones

One of Us" is a song written by Eric Bazilian (of The Hooters) and originally released by Joan Osborne.

don't remember Miss Crowe covering it, i rather liked the changed lyrics version "What if God Smoked Cannabis" now that's a classic;) ;)

• Advertisement

Gonna have to look up that Cannabis one :)

I just gotta find a version of the song without the hill-billy crap. Might have to resort to chopping up a MP3 file.

Cheers for the info lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

yeah it doesn't add anything to the song

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I think i'm in love with Ms Crow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well, If It Makes You Happy, then love her all you want. However, remember that Everyday Is a Winding Road with Sheryl.

:o

Kevster wrote:
    Well, If It Makes You Happy, then love her all you want. However, remember that Everyday Is a Winding Road with Sheryl.

:o
    Post reported. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Hillbilly crap? Is that an opinion of all country music or just that snippet?

Driver 8 wrote:
    Hillbilly crap? Is that an opinion of all country music or just that snippet?
    Whatever ****e was there before the song ...

Advertisement