Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken lifts in Clontarf DART station

Options
  • 07-10-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭

I haven't used Clontarf DART station in a long time because I found the walk through Connelly station to get to the DART and the walk from Clontarf DART station whilst dragging a heavy suitcase to be too long compared to taking the 29A which stops virtually outside my door.

The lifts at Clontarf seemed to be broken on a regular basis, and unlike me, wheelchair users don't have the option of using the stairs.

One time I complained mentioned a missing panel in the lift that had something mouldy inside. This was before Christmas, in there was the mould staring up at me!

When I complained about the lifts I was told that they break because people urinate inside them (oh yes, the stink of frelling p*** is unbelievable, dirty scummy station) and it leaks down and rots the cable. I told them they should have CCTV cameras up and they said they don't work because they can't do anything about the perpeprators themselves and by the time the guards arrive they're long gone.

I didn't bother telling them that CCTV actually acts as a deterrant and when people see CCTV cameras they are less likely to do stuff they're not supposed to do as the CCTV cameras make them afraid of being caught!

Sigh, as far as I'm concerned all lifts on all stations should be properly maintained (and this includes preventing people from p***ing in them!) and repaired as soon as possible when things go wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

It's Clontarf Rd, not Clontarf and most people would say it's actually in Fairview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Well to be fair, a dirty smelly train station is still a dirty smelly train station to matter where it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You've raised a fair point and fair play for highlighting the issue. But just like the consumer issues thread, be sure to complain to the correct person. It's not clear who you were talking to but if it was the guy selling tickets then what can he possibly do?

I only posted the correct station name as I thought you were talking about Killester at first as that is far more central to most of Clontarf than Clontarf Rd.
    But then, Killester doesn't have lifts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

dammit why deosnt the goverment have an unlimited supply of cash to sort these things out! i want my utopia!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭KilbarrackBlows

That is pritty anoying i wouldnt like to see my mother have to use a smelly lift at that station i use to get the dart there regularly but i was at killester station none day and the staff there argued with this guy and his friend who was severly disabled by the looks of him , they actualy argued with his friend about having to use the freaking ramp ! i could hear them talking about it and the guy got rightfully so rather pissed of i felt like going over and smacking there staff member with my foot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement