Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So how did 3rd Reich go for ye folks?

Went really well for me, surprisingly! :D I answered the 'modern' and 'popular' one.

I was like a machine for the modern one :eek: I was dead impressed with the essay! Coulda got a B or an A on that one. But then the popular one was a load of mumbo jumbo and waffle really :p Defo passed, I'd be disappointed to get less than a B also.

This is coming from Mr Average! :D

I celebrated my success by buying a breakfast roll.

Also, dropped back a SL book 2 days late today and got let off a €20.50 fine! :D So got out of paying bout €35 to the library over the past 2 days! God bless exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

The Italian exam was grand I thought. The questions were interestingly phrased, I had to think about what I was going to write as opposed to just throwing out what I knew. Pretty happy though, overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

Yeah, I thought it was a real nice paper.

Anyone see the 3rd Reich lecturer (the good looking dude who was on the Late Late) pretending to be a cowboy having a duel in the aisle with David Kerr? And Kerr did'n't notice him...three times. It was hilarious. He gave up, eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

ianthefox wrote: »

Anyone see the 3rd Reich lecturer (the good looking dude who was on the Late Late) pretending to be a cowboy having a duel in the aisle with David Kerr? And Kerr didn't notice him...three times. It was hilarious. He gave up, eventually.

I really need to start looking up more in the exams..

3rd Reich was grand, questions were a little bit iffy with their phrasing though, did the first one about Hitlers rise being a revolution and the last one about the armies determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I did the Italian History one, decent enough paper I suppose. Next history one is US History, I'll have to start studying for that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Brimmy wrote: »
    I really need to start looking up more in the exams..

3rd Reich was grand, questions were a little bit iffy with their phrasing though, did the first one about Hitlers rise being a revolution and the last one about the armies determination.

I went for that 1st one too and the wannsee conference. Thought my answers were fairly average. I blame the timing!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lizziepoos

Anyone see the 3rd Reich lecturer (the good looking dude who was on the Late Late) pretending to be a cowboy having a duel in the aisle with David Kerr? And Kerr did'n't notice him...three times. It was hilarious. He gave up, eventually.

dam i wish i'd seen that! with so little sleep i was getting pretty angsty at dr. kerr clipping up and down in his heels with his cape-coat swishing just in the corner of my eye. never realised how considerate most of the supers are with their rubber sole shoes. hot 3rd reich man getting one over kerr... love it

Lizziepoos wrote: »
    dam i wish i'd seen that! with so little sleep i was getting pretty angsty at dr. kerr clipping up and down in his heels with his cape-coat swishing just in the corner of my eye. never realised how considerate most of the supers are with their rubber sole shoes. hot 3rd reich man getting one over kerr... love it

Is it just me or is there an unspoken rivalry between Kerr and 3rd Reich Man...at least between their students?

Good luck to everyone doing the US History course. I'll have two days to study it, hopefully that'll be enough.

Tom65 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is there an unspoken rivalry between Kerr and 3rd Reich Man...at least between their students?

You want to fight about it?

• Advertisement

You want to fight about it?

If I get an A or B in Italian History, I would definitely fight on his behalf. A C or lower, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

U.S history -

What topics are people looking at? For the first section i think the age of jackson and the reform movements. But for the second section i haven't a clue. Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

If I get an A or B in Italian History, I would definitely fight on his behalf. A C or lower, no.

I remain confident that our lecturer's good looks will dazzle you Italian swine into submission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

Flume wrote: »
    U.S history -

What topics are people looking at? For the first section i think the age of jackson and the reform movements. But for the second section i haven't a clue. Anyone any ideas?

Emancipation, Civil War and the reconstruction.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

Flume wrote: »
    U.S history -

Yeah please I will have 1 afternoon to study for it, I don't even have any books. TO TEH INTERNETZ!

I remain confident that our lecturer's good looks will dazzle you Italian swine into submission.

Oh no you didn't! Did you just lay down a our-lecturer-is-better-looking-than-your-lecturer challenge? There will be trouble.

Our lad has been compared to Johnny Depp. You German losers don't stand a chance.

Where's your pride you filthy Mediterranean loving scum?

There's a reason you lot let us down in the war :p

Where's your pride you filthy Mediterranean loving scum?

There's a reason you lot let us down in the war :p

We just weren't down with the whole Nazism thing. I mean we just did the fascism thing as a bit of a laugh. You guys took it too far.

Does anybody want to meet up after the exams are over? I was thinking about this recently, we could remain keyboard warriors:D or we could put faces to names.

• Advertisement

Does anybody want to meet up after the exams are over? I was thinking about this recently, we could remain keyboard warriors:D or we could put faces to names.

Only if we can get Kerr and 3rd Reich guy to fight for our drunken amusement..

Robert G would have to arrive. He would be like the Vince Chase of our group and we would be his entourage!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

is kerr the guy who was floating around close to us 3rdReich'ians in the exam? The extremely tanned guy who bears a slight resemblance to gerwarth?

That guy rattled me...

holy sh!t... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055238673

Grimes looks like him too!

Our lad has been compared to Johnny Depp. You German losers don't stand a chance.

Sorry, did you see him on the late late? Pat Kenny swooned...And besides people compare hollywood stars to OUR lecturer. Not the other way round.

...and so it came to be - 2nd History was split forever by two devishly handsome academics..

Frankly, I think its an unfair argument as us hardy Italian studs are numerically disadvantaged here on boards. Also, we clearly win.

Don't these lecturers know the trail of broken hearts they leave behind!?

Have you seen the department photo of Kerr by the way? He has changed a LOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rubyroo

Sorry to interrupt this stimulating historical debate!:) quick question about US History - How much attention are people paying to the documents covered in Seminar? I am hoping to ignore them and pretend they are not there!:confused:

Now back to Gerwarth - He is far superior to the puney Italian in every way. Discuss

• Advertisement

...and so it came to be - 2nd History was split forever by two devishly handsome academics..

A bloody civil war looms.. Oh well given the historcal record, I think we can take you. Italy was the 'soft touch' in the pact of steel anyway...

Gerwarth ist der Lecturer!
    Lecturer ist die Department!
    Gerwarth ist die UCD!

Advertisement