Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

Did anyone else get a message on their Blackboard about an essay for the course "Land Religion Identity Ireland'? According to my calendar it doesn't start until semester 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

spaceman1 wrote: »
    Did anyone else get a message on their Blackboard about an essay for the course "Land Religion Identity Ireland'? According to my calendar it doesn't start until semester 2.

Yeah I got it, assuming its just for last years Students and I'm going to ignore it.. hopefully it is!

If it's not, get ready for the loudest profanity you've ever heard.

If it's not, get ready for the loudest profanity you've ever heard.

Heh you're telling me I only found out that folklore essay was for Friday on Monday and had 4 other essays due in first... but that's my own fault I guess. Last thing I need is ANOTHER history essay! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Has anyone submitted an essay through blackboard yet? What do I do.

• Advertisement

I've only submitted an essay through blackboard for info studies. For that I had to go to the assigments section and it had a link that brought me to an upload page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

hey you f*ckers, youre not supposed to have started it yet, never mind finished it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Any feel like posting the Renaissance essay topics? Just asking...

Martin Luther - a rebel without a cause?

How did Calvin radicalise the Renaissance?

What was the impact of the voyages of discovery on the new world, and the old?

That's off the top of my head, so wait til someone confirms before choosing :) Good to see someone else lagging behind ;)

This is what I got.

1. Back to the future. Why did the Renaissance embrace ancient Classical culture at the expense of the Medieval?

2. What was the impact of the voyages of exploration and discovery on the Old World and on the New?

3. Martin Luther, a rebel without a cause?

4. In what way did Calvin radicalize the Reformation?

• Advertisement

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Martin Luther - a rebel without a cause?

How did Calvin radicalise the Renaissance?

What was the impact of the voyages of discovery on the new world, and the old?

That's off the top of my head, so wait til someone confirms before choosing :) Good to see someone else lagging behind ;)

Not so much lagging behind as permanently situated there :p

Thanks for posting those (also to spaceman). Best get cracking on it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paranoid wreck

anyone doing US foreign policy? how do you upload your essay to blackboard? there is nothing in the assignments page to upload an essay. And what do they mean by one hard copy to the office?

Also how many words for that renaissance to enlightenment essay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

anyone doing US foreign policy? how do you upload your essay to blackboard? there is nothing in the assignments page to upload an essay. And what do they mean by one hard copy to the office?

Also how many words for that renaissance to enlightenment essay?
    Hard copy - Physical copy

Renaissance essay 2000 words

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Hard copy - Physical copy

Renaissance essay 2000 words

My tutor told us 1500 words. Ill probably go somewhere in between, that should be ok.

My tutor said 1200-1500. I thought everyone had the same tutor.

I was told 2000, but 1500 would be accepted but that was the minimum. I had emma lyons as a tutor. Surely they shouldve known the word count. Although im not surprised, this year they have failed to respond to any emails i send the department looking for info. And then the tutors dont even know how much the essay is worth

I was told 2000, but 1500 would be accepted but that was the minimum. I had emma lyons as a tutor. Surely they shouldve known the word count. Although im not surprised, this year they have failed to respond to any emails i send the department looking for info. And then the tutors dont even know how much the essay is worth

This is why they should be using Blackboard!

I assume the titles are the same for everyone (regardless of tutor)?

Is Renaissance and US History due in Friday and what times?

Brimmy wrote: »
    Is Renaissance and US History due in Friday and what times?

Yes.Times are unknown, i think 2nd yrs needed them in by 1 last year. but it probably is different

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Any word on the time yet? it's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Wilde wrote: »
    Any word on the time yet? it's ridiculous.

For U.S. history its 3pm. i presume its the same for renaissance

I thought he said that it was actually 1200 words?

I'm in the library at the moment, desperately trying to improve on my measley 1,100 words...

Tom65 wrote: »
    I thought he said that it was actually 1200 words?

I'm in the library at the moment, desperately trying to improve on my measley 1,100 words...

I was told 1500-2000. I havent been to all the lectures so he may have said it but youd have to verify that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Amata

how can so many tutors get it wrong??!i was told 1500 words full stop....i only wrote 1350 so if its between 1500 and 2000 then i won't be getting such a good grade! its a crap course....

FINISHED MY ESSAY!!!!!!!! :D

Now I can go to sleep... thank god :(

Emma Lyons is my tutor and she definitely told me 1200-1500 words. She said that 2000 words was to much, because there are so many in history and they want to be able to correct them on time.

Emma Lyons is my tutor and she definitely told me 1200-1500 words. She said that 2000 words was to much, because there are so many in history and they want to be able to correct them on time.

Well i have a sheet she gave me right in my hand now that says 2000 words

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

So the time its due in for is 3? confirmation please? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

Yeah she was my tutor aswel. And the sheet she gave us says 2000.Then she said between 1500 and 2000 will suffice. I did 1900 and if she gives me a sh1te grade because its too long i'll go mad i tell you, mad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Footnotes? The Harvard system of referencing is the norm. This link from the Library website explains how to cite your sources in a bibliography.

http://www.ucd.ie/library/students/information_skills/harvard.html

However this link below advises you how to cite your sources in the text.

http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/lskills/open/sfl/content/harvard/index.html

Advertisement