Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Tardy

Ah well, I'm really bad with the lecturers' names. I was in that module last year and didn't even remember him.:confused: I'm in Gender Politics (or something) next semester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah I had it today

He just went through the questions which are on Blackboard (same page as the link to AU.html). Didn't break us into groups or anything, just got feedback from the class in general.

Pretty relaxed seminar :p

I attached a Word document of the Annals with just the Viking parts. The main page on Blackboard has everything on it, with the Viking part highlighted. I copied those parts and put them all together because printing it all would be about 60 pages!!!

Please don't post lecturer's notes up here lads, it's a little bit not kosher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Raphael wrote: »
    Please don't post lecturer's notes up here lads, it's a little bit not kosher.

Just curious - why is it not kosher? Is it because the notes are the lecturer's (intellectual) property?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Tom65 wrote: »
    Just curious - why is it not kosher? Is it because the notes are the lecturer's (intellectual) property?
    Bingo. You don't own the copyright to it, so posting it here is a bit of a no-no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

anybody know what this weeks readings for CULTURE&SOCIETY INTERWAR EUR are?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I also came on here to ask that :) It's not on BB anyways...

Anybody checked the SU place? I haven't really got a chance to go down there today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I also came on here to ask that :) It's not on BB anyways...

Anybody checked the SU place? I haven't really got a chance to go down there today

Hmm... I got the 9.99 worth of seminar readings from there last week, week 3 is suspiciously absent... would also like to know what we're to do.. though last weeks Russian film stuff was rather difficult to follow...

p.s. check your PMs please Dave! :)

its completely missing from blackboard also! Whats the story!

Oh well... Maybe the tutor will just hand out something on the day, like Ted James did in my first seminar? Not really our fault anywho

passive if you could PM me your email address I can send that, but it won't let me send it by PM for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

What is the reading for the Vikings seminar this week? Is it still the Annals of Ulster?

This week's work is on black board. Go to 'course information', then 'the first five weeks' and then 'week 3'. Click on the seminar 3 link.

By the way, did anyone find out about the work for Culture and Society? Is there any?

I didnt go to my Europe seminar today... oh well!

The Vikings reading looks quite intimidating and I don't have alot of time today, so may not go to that either :o I've been to 2 of each so far, so I'll be alright :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

For those wondering about the readings for the Interwar Europe seminar, I picked mine up last week in the SU shop for 9.99. It wasn't included with the other seminar readings for some reason.

The first bit is about the five aspects of Fascism and then there is an opinion piece afterwards supposedly by Mussolini. I had my seminar on it earlier today. It was handy enough. If you remember the key points from the reading you should be grand.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Presumably posting stuff you wrote yourself in a lecture is OK?

The readings for the Vikings seminar are ginormous, particularly the one about Anskar. We can't be expected to read all of that surely? :(

For those wondering about the readings for the Interwar Europe seminar, I picked mine up last week in the SU shop for 9.99. It wasn't included with the other seminar readings for some reason.

The first bit is about the five aspects of Fascism and then there is an opinion piece afterwards supposedly by Mussolini. I had my seminar on it earlier today. It was handy enough. If you remember the key points from the reading you should be grand.

Is there a lot of reading? I'm just wondering if I'd get it done before 11:00 am, assuming I pick it up at 9:30 am.

Tardy wrote: »
    Is there a lot of reading? I'm just wondering if I'd get it done before 11:00 am, assuming I pick it up at 9:30 am.

I'd say you should be able to get the basics in that time. It's not a heavy load of material really. The first bit is about five main points so as long as you know what the points are you should be alright. For the second bit on Mussolini what I did was underline bits I found interesting and important which worked fine for me.

Good luck. :cool:

Just awoke from a brief slumber now, so no, there shall be no Viking reading done :p

Gonna do some Maths stuff instead....... joy....... :(

Thanks, Mr.Nice Guy. I think i'll leave Culture and Society for this week, don't feel like getting up at 6am. Better start reading the Viking stuff.

• Advertisement

Just awoke from a brief slumber now, so no, there shall be no Viking reading done :p

Gonna do some Maths stuff instead....... joy....... :(

If you have Doherty for the seminar I wouldn't worry too much, he's pretty easy going.

Meh, instead of doing history or maths, I decided to watch the United match online :p Oh well!

the vikings reading is pure horse**** - 70 pages in word! I prefer the old system!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

the vikings reading is pure horse**** - 70 pages in word! I prefer the old system!

And thats only one reading! The second one is 17 pages and the 3rd one is short. Is it worth the 1%? :)

And thats only one reading! The second one is 17 pages and the 3rd one is short. Is it worth the 1%? :)
    No :p

Did ye lot get the email from Dr Devlin? They're showing films and clips in Th O once a week from 20th (?) of October. Not mandatory though.

I've been trying to get through the first Vikings reading and it's so tough. I commend anyone who gets through all of that. I reckon it's harder to get through than the Lisbon Treaty.

No to Anskar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Can anyone tell me if the assignment this week in Viking History is to just attend the gallery in the National Museum or am I looking at the wrong section of blackboard?

Really should start going to this module..

Brimmy wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the assignment this week in Viking History is to just attend the gallery in the National Museum or am I looking at the wrong section of blackboard?

Really should start going to this module..

Yeah visit the Viking gallery and think about the questions that have been posed (which are up on Blackboard)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

The Viking Assignment is possibly one of the weirdest I have ever been given! I didnt see it until now, so ill be heading into the museum tomorrow. It is not a Class for the Lazy....oh well :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

The only time I would have to go to the museum is on the weekend, so I won't be going before Wed :rolleyes: Loada b*llocks. Am I gonna have to miss another seminar for that class?

Advertisement