Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's done. It's done. I'm tired and emotional right now so all I'll say is never again...

Now for my three hour sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Urgh, 50 minutes to stretch another 250 words out of it, proof-read and format it... Then I've to get into college and collate my English group project translations.. Argh... Death!

I think I'm actually doing quite well though... this is good essay!... ish...

can my last 50 words be "I am a fish, I am a fish,I am a fish, I am a fish,I am a fish, I am a fish,I am a fish, I am a fish,I am a fish, I am a fish,?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yes. In fact, if I'm not mistaken that's one of the requirements for this essay :pac:

BB won't let me submit my essay :confused: It keeps saying "enter a valid file", even though I have, and it's .doc...

FFS!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

My word count just magically reduced... It was 1500... now it says like 1341.... Where did my words go? :(

Dave! wrote: »
    BB won't let me submit my essay :confused: It keeps saying "enter a valid file", even though I have, and it's .doc...

FFS!!!!!!!!!!

Yeaah...that is a load of gay... I finished it thought!

Say it to the person in the office when you're giving it in. I did and she told me to write a note on the top, which I did and she stamped :)

Still getting the error... Not my fault though is it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

im not ashamed to admit i just couldnt get past the 1250 words mark. I was too demoralised. Massive weekend now! whipeee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Take it there's no point in me replying to that pm then passive?

Right so was in the library at half 8.. in Daedalus now... time to finish the last 500 words of this bad boy.

• Advertisement

FYI if you're having trouble with BB, email the essay to Senor James and let him know you're getting the problem. Apparantly a few (though not all) people are having the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

Aaaargh....Im getting the same Error Message in Blackboard :mad:
    Are people just handing in two copies to the Office then? I dont know what to do!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

FYI if you're having trouble with BB, email the essay to Senor James and let him know you're getting the problem. Apparantly a few (though not all) people are having the problem.

Great, thanks! Ive emailed it to Prof James and my tutor, so both of them cant miss it. :) And Im going in to drop in the Hard-Copy. Thank god Ive finished it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Footnotes are the text at the bottom of each page, whereas using endnotes means instead of appearing at the bottom of each page they just appear at the end of your essay.

It meant instead of worrying if you got all your references on each page you could simply tot them all up at the end. I think they're handier.

Just to cause panic to all of those who have submitted a review with endnotes.... Footnotes is the form of referencing that's used by history... They don't like endnotes....

Piss-poor organisation today from the history office. A load of us were there at 1 o'clock to hand in our essays and they were all gone to lunch with a message on the door saying leave it in the tutor's box. Well there were around 15-20 people when I was there so we all had to basically stuff them into the thing.

Could there not have been even one person there on such an important day? I just hope there's not going to be grief over scrunched up essays because there was nothing else to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

convert wrote: »
    Just to cause panic to all of those who have submitted a review with endnotes.... Footnotes is the form of referencing that's used by history... They don't like endnotes....

Im sure thats freaked a few people out :)

I had no problems submitting on bb. It was unusual to see the history corridor not jammed full of people on essay submission day !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Piss-poor organisation today from the history office. A load of us were there at 1 o'clock to hand in our essays and they were all gone to lunch with a message on the door saying leave it in the tutor's box. Well there were around 15-20 people when I was there so we all had to basically stuff them into the thing.

Could there not have been even one person there on such an important day? I just hope there's not going to be grief over scrunched up essays because there was nothing else to be done.

Its not their fault there is a recruitment freeze. Take it up with Hugh Brady.

I think the point is that they could take their lunches seperately so that there's always someone there to accept the essays

I think the point is that they could take their lunches seperately so that there's always someone there to accept the essays

When i handed it in at 10am there was only one person working in the office so maybe the cutbacks have reduced staff numbers on certain days.

True dat, same here. Dunno how many usually work in the office tbh

• Advertisement

Is the 'Assignments' section of Vikings now empty for ye lot?

Is the 'Assignments' section of Vikings now empty for ye lot?

Yes! Wouldnt that mean that our data is gone? Hopefully they saved the copies before they tried to fix the bug in blackboard :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

For future reference, the problem appears to have been with Firefox/Internet Explorer 7.

So make sure you use an earlier version of IE when submitting.

Typical ucd nto having it work with recent browsers.. :rolleyes:

I used firefox though and didn't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

What version of Firefox did you use?

Portable..

Installed it so I don't have to keep opening windows and typing in my full passwords/web addresses/etcetc ;)

Ugh... going to get started on Kitchen tomorrow, here we go again..

Anyone else not have a clue what to write for Kitchen? :confused: The Vikings book was fairly substantial, so there was alot to work with... but the Kitchen chapter is, what, 30 pages at most? I don't feel I have alot to work with! :D

BTW what's the wordcount for it again? Was this one 2000 or is that just my imagination?

Anyone else not have a clue what to write for Kitchen? :confused: The Vikings book was fairly substantial, so there was alot to work with... but the Kitchen chapter is, what, 30 pages at most? I don't feel I have alot to work with! :D

BTW what's the wordcount for it again? Was this one 2000 or is that just my imagination?

It's just 1500 words thank God. Like yourself I'm a bit stumped as to how I'll meet the wordcount for this one. I was told by my tutor that you are allowed compare with other books so I'm not going to rule that out. I think I'll make my plan tonight and try to pull an all-nighter tomorrow night and get it sorted. I hate this week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Sorry to ask this lads but Kerr has'nt responded to my question over this. The essay guildelines are really vague:
    Students are free to tackle their review essay as they see fit, but if some may find the titles below helpful in approaching this exercice.

I know its a chapter review, but can we review any chapter we want (free to tackle their review essay as they see fit..)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

This one is shaping up as an essay more then a review really. You haven't got the same amount of material that you had with vikings (i.e the whole book!) so i assume you can bring in detail from the chapter too.

Advertisement