Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I'm doing the comparative question for Kitchen & Gerwarth, but I've gotten almost nowhere.. Yeah, they're both talking about Germany.. look at 'em go... I don't really know how to turn their differences in approach and style into 1500 words, and I have to get this done before tomorrow, because I'm then going to Germany! Ugh... anyone know what the late penalties are again? Is it still like 5 or 10%? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It's a grade isn't it? Like an A becomes a B, etc. I believe :confused:

I'm reading it a second time now, but taking notes now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

passive wrote: »
    I'm doing the comparative question for Kitchen & Gerwarth, but I've gotten almost nowhere.. Yeah, they're both talking about Germany.. look at 'em go... I don't really know how to turn their differences in approach and style into 1500 words, and I have to get this done before tomorrow, because I'm then going to Germany! Ugh... anyone know what the late penalties are again? Is it still like 5 or 10%? :(

It's still 2 grade points which is 10% or at least should be..

I just couldn't motivate myself to read the chapter today, going to do it tomorrow as thankfully I don't have any classes... well I have one but it's an elective and not important :p

That being said it is a lot harder than Vikings, don't think I will be able to get near 1500 meaningful words of just reviewing one chapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

I dont know what to write for Kitchen either. I was going to compare it to other books and their accounts, but I dont know, 1500 words is a tall order for this! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

my mind is in such a melt at the moment im struggling to get 500 words down for my 'Doing History 1' elective which is 12 weeks about the easter rising...

God help me tomorrow when im faced with gerthwarths stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

So...I don't suppose anyone has the new cambridge medieval history vol. 2 and feels like scanning pages 255-259 for me? AH?

Not looking forward to starting the Culture and Society essay. Can't say I'm too fond of the module.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Nearly finished, essay is at 1800 words so i'll have to prune some words out of it. I decided to focus on the Peace treaties chapter, felt I did quite well with it, altough I might have quoted to much. Now onto French Revolution...

Nearly finished, essay is at 1800 words so i'll have to prune some words out of it.

Can I have them? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I can't do this :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

It's ten to six and ive just finished the kitchen essay... ill go to extreme lengths to go on the beer tonight:D

• Advertisement

Do ye lot know how this should be submitted? One goes into the office (before 3pm I think it is), and where does the other go? A box perhaps?

Dave! wrote: »
    Do ye lot know how this should be submitted? One goes into the office (before 3pm I think it is), and where does the other go? A box perhaps?

Two copies into the office by 3pm tomorrow.

Just starting this now with a handful of notes and I'm meant to be going out tonight... I think this wont be my finest hour.

Im 500 words in... Its not going so well but Ill have to make do. I have to hand it in tomorrow before work at 11. Tonight is going to be fuuuuuun :(

Call in sick.. 515 myself and haven't even really looked at my notes yet. I am finding myself being incredibly harsh on Kitchen though... Kinda feel bad for the guy but if it gets the word count up :p

Ok, im almost at 900 now, its going alright though I think Im repeating myself at lot. Yeah Im the same! If it helps me to get to that magic number I dont really care :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I am starting from scratch. I love these last minute essays:D:D:rolleyes:

ive decided to hand it in next week - i reckon a rushed crappy effort now would end up way more than two grade points lower than if i have the week at it...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yay got Essay number 1 done. Now for Essay number 2 - Kitchen.

Do you think the history office would accept this...

"It was a sh*t chapter. Buy a Playboy instead."

:confused:

its worth a shot... report back with how it went down ;)

Yay got Essay number 1 done. Now for Essay number 2 - Kitchen.

Do you think the history office would accept this...

"It was a sh*t chapter. Buy a Playboy instead."

:confused:

I think you should try it! Its better than what Im saying ayway:D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

At 867 myself. Goal is to hit 1200 by 11 then go out, can wrap up the remaining 200 or so with a proper citation and bibliography in the morning (footnotes at the moment are just P xxx etc).

I've spent about 400 words though bitching at words Kitchen has used..I don't know which was worse this or the Vikings, Vikings was boring but had a lot to say, with this I just don't like Kitchens style of writing at all and finding it tedious as a result.

Right, just back from work. Time to start the essay :):( :mad: F*CK YOU KICTCHEN!!! F*CK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good news is I have no lectures tomorrow, I'm not back in work for a week, and I (currently) have no more assignments due until November 3rd! PLUS, I'm going out tomorrow night, and then havin a pro evo/Fifa + drinking seisiún with a couple of mates on Saturday, AFTER watching the United match in the morning. AND, my folks are goin away for the weekend!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!! :D

But tonight... I shall pull my first actual all-nighter! Then it will be nap-time of the highest order after I drop the essay in tomorrow.

Happy days :)

But first... I shall make a cup of tea.

BTW if anyone wants to give me any pointers, that would be a-okay ;)

Good news is I have no lectures tomorrow, I'm not back in work for a week, and I (currently) have no more assignments due until November 3rd! PLUS, I'm going out tomorrow night, and then havin a pro evo/Fifa + drinking seisiún with a couple of mates on Saturday, AFTER watching the United match in the morning. AND, my folks are goin away for the weekend!!!!!!!!!

Can I come? :p
    BTW if anyone wants to give me any pointers, that would be a-okay ;)

I'd help but I'm just off out as I'm FINISHED!!! (Gotta fix the bibliography and add a quote or 3 tomorrow morning though)

Good luck guys :)

Let's go for another all-night job everybody. :D The Viking one was good stuff. I'm off to take notes on Kitch-face. I'm hoping to be half-way through by 2:30.

No you can't come now :mad:

What bibliography are people adding? :confused: The only book I used is the Kitchen one.....

Im finito!! Its absolute ****e but I dont care.:D Going out 2m nite, and working all weekend. Ive got another essay due in for tomorrow for Sexuality and Society, that will be done next week. :cool:
    I used two more books, but just to bulk out the essay with quotes and fill the bibliography.

I'm also only using the Kitchen text. Do we put that in the bibliography?

Well I only used the Vikings book for the last essay and I didn't bother putting in a Bibliography... hopefully I won't be penalised for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

I'm leaving the Culture and Soc essay for next week. I've to start my French Revolution one for tomorrow now, there's no way I'm getting both done, unless they're ridiculously ****. Figure it's better to do two good ones and lose the 10% for Culture and Soc. one.

I had 7 books/articles in my Vikings bibliography. I'm using 4 books for the Culture & Soc. one. :/

• Advertisement

Rather than actually starting my essay, I've decided to watch Dr Gerwarth on the Late Late show again :D:D:D I think that is a rather adequate alternative, and I may find inspiration there for my essay :D

That's my reasoning anyways :D

Advertisement