Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

He was on the Late Late?! Damn it I missed him... What was he talking about?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Debating David Irving about the holocaust :)

Check it out
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/latelate/20080307.html

(scroll to the bottom)

<3

174 words written after title and introduction :cool:

Now... how many times can I repeat my introduction in a different way without Prof Devlin noticing??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just done my notes on the Nazi chapter. Now to begin my wafflefest!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Dave! wrote: »

Now... how many times can I repeat my introduction in a different way without Prof Devlin noticing??? :D

277 for me:pac:. This is going to be crap, hopefully it'll be done asap so I can watch the compromise rules at 11:30AM although I might be asleep by then.

• Advertisement

Got meself a cup of cappucino there... I don't even like it! But it may just be the simulus I need to get this sh*t done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whirlwind

How the all nighter going guys? I got mine in today and went on the beer for the day, sorry if my writing is like Kerry Katona. its great to be free. I added in a couple of extra quotes to baulk up the essay and bibilograpgy. Had 5 overall including Gerwarth twisted paths and Kitchens.
    Good luck with getting them done anyway

171 for me. :pac:

I''m hopeful I can pull something half-decent together but I'll probably not be able to get any sleep. I reckon I'll just stay up, go over very early to college to hand it in and then come straight home to have a lovely sleep. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭whirlwind

By the ways guys people i spoke today all said they thought theirs was ****e and i can also tell you that mine was crap, it bored the arse of me but i got the word count. Just keep it simple and get to the word count
    AND STOP LOOKING AT BOARDS

I can dig that my man! As long as mine is circa 1500 words and has some semblance of structure, then my flowery jibber-jabber will get me a C at least I think :pac:
    whirlwind wrote: »
    How the all nighter going guys? I got mine in today and went on the beer for the day, sorry if my writing is like Kerry Katona. its great to be free. I added in a couple of extra quotes to baulk up the essay and bibilograpgy. Had 5 overall including Gerwarth twisted paths and Kitchens.
    Good luck with getting them done anyway

Fair play there chief! Fully deserved beerfest methinks, such is the sh*ttiness of this essay!

• Advertisement

After this is over I'll need some sort of celebration. Maybe the thought of me in a mercedes benz with some hookers will inspire me to essay greatness.

Lads will ye ever post up a picture in the KYU thread, I'm curious as to who ye are! There is too many 3rd History students on boards for nobody to know each other :D

Lads will ye ever post up a picture in the KYU thread, I'm curious as to who ye are! There is too many 3rd History students on boards for nobody to know each other :D

My picture vanished:eek:, if you see anyone limping in the history department tomorrow exhausted and pissed off that'll be me.

I'll be the one with red eyes hanging out of my head and a vaguely sinister smile on my face as I look forward to the weekend of debauchery :D

I'll be the one with red eyes hanging out of my head and a vaguely sinister smile on my face as I look forward to the weekend of debauchery :D

Says the mod of the non drinkers:D:D:p:p

750 baby. Halfway there, living on a prayer. Time for a tea break. :cool:

574 here

Also eh half way there :D No break for me though! I'm goin all the way baby, yahhooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

oh dear god I'm delirius :(

1213 words now. I still have a final point and my conclusion to go so I should make the word count. My eyes are getting tired though.

So hard.

879 including footnotes :pac: COME OOOOOONNNNNNNN DAVEOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Gonna actually give some opinion for the remaining few words... rather than just rewriting Kitchen's narrative, like I have been doing for the first 800 words :(

1,227 aaaaaaaaaand FINISHED :cool:

I care so little right now that I'm not even going to read through it again, even though it would take about 2 minutes max.

That's it. Print and done.

Thanks for the company folks!

Cheerio!!!

• Advertisement

It's done! Huzzah! But I've got over 1800 words and that's not counting the footnotes. Huzz...aaaaahh crap. :eek:

Well I'm not going to bother going to bed now. I'm scared I'll sleep past the deadline. :eek:

I'll just pop over in a bit, hand the essays in, and then return and sleep my woes away...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Crawled into bed around 4 this morning... just had to get out there to get tickets for some thing.. Know I should stay awake but so tired.. maybe just 20 more minutes snoozing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

The amount of direction for essays for this module (interwar) was really awful. No word count given, proper titles only released 2-3 weeks ago and the titles were fairly poor. I hope its not like this for the take home exam, really vague questions

Done and done.

And I mean done!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Anyone doing French revolution know if we need a bibliography/footnotes for the document analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

A bit late, but yes.

I had to hand in a third year and a second year level essay. One queue was in K, one queue was in C. Didn't know that til I got there at a quarter to 3. Waiting ages to hand in my French Rev. one then legged it over to C to give in an Islam and Christianity one.

Annoying!

Bloody queues.:mad:

Just woke up!

I didn't get a wink of sleep and just headed straight over. Handed it in a little bit after ten o'clock. No big queues or anything like that. I was so sleep deprived that I felt almost drunk. I was completely on auto-pilot. Nearly fell asleep on the bus as well.

I woke up and got a fright that I had forgotten to hand in the essay and then remembered that I had handed it in. :)

Two essays is one night is definitely not something I'd recommend. As for leaving essays to the last minute, as I said for the Vikings one...never again. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Leitrim-Mick

Rite Lads, let's get going on the 2nd Vikings Essay! Get ur Sagas, get ur sagas out!!

Advertisement