Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

felletor wrote: »
    get a job, you pack of wasters
    I know you're angry, but you mother didn't give you that name, it's not our fault if you only looked it up later.

Btw, you have 5 posts, 3 of which are just trolling. Watch yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

in fairness that is fellAtor... Felletor means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

in fairness that is fellAtor... Felletor means nothing.
    So he can't spell either:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 felletor

I know you're angry, but you mother didn't give you that name, it's not our fault if you only looked it up later.

Btw, you have 5 posts, 3 of which are just trolling. Watch yourself.

what a dick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

felletor wrote: »
    what a dick
    He is an anthropomorphic penis, I'll give you that.

Also, Buh-bye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm finding it really hard going to do my Cuchulainn essay but I'm going to try and do it tonight. Anyone done their Inter-war take-home exam yet? I'm aiming to get it done and dusted by tomorrow at the latest.

bloody united match really set back my progress there!

bloody united match really set back my progress there!

Heh least I'm not alone there!

i wouldnt have minded as much if it was a 5 goal thriller but it was awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Haha suckers! I just left the rte stream up on the library as I pretty much wrote my entire first InterWar Essay.

Match looked ****e from what I saw so I'm happy with my decision :)

• Advertisement

Anyone else doing an all-nighter for an essay or am I all alone? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Anyone else doing an all-nighter for an essay or am I all alone? :(

Thought about it, but opted for sleeping tonight and having a full on 9-10 library day tomorrow... of course... I should have been asleep since 1 for that to work...

Well I've got 132 words done out of 2500. It's gonna be a loooooong night. :pac:

Update: I'm about 450 words in and it looks crap. I think I've structured it poorly. Me thinks I'll have to go back and rewrite it. Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

How'd you get on MNG?

I'll hopefully get started on the Vikings essay today (still haven't finished reading the f*cking thing), then study for my practical exam (which is tomorrow). Thursday I will finish the Vikings then.

ARRRRRRGHHHHHHh

And I got a new piano yesterday, so did NO work :(

I got my first InterWar completed last night, going to do the second today but decided to stay at home and do it.. probably not going to work and I'll rush it tomorrow. I still have to reedit my Vikings to get it down to the word count so if anyone is looking for an extra 500 words or so let me know ;)

Hah :D

Actually if any of ye are feeling charitable and ye have that Penguin book 'the saga of the icelanders' (or whatever), would ye be able to scan in and send me the intro/notes/whatever on Gisli's saga, per chance? :o It'd be handy to have! I'm nearly finished the actual saga.

Thanks anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Rossi-Radar

Okay just the Viking essay to be done.

Anybody who has Charlie Doherty as their tutor he was recomending using websites as sources. He is perfectly fine with them and Wikipedia.

Also he was suggesting to split the essay into 3 1,000 word essays. One on sagas in general, one on the chosen topic i.e. feud and then another on examples of your topic in your chosen Saga so when you break it down like that it doesnt seem too daunting!

Hope that helps

Brimmy wrote: »
    I got my first InterWar completed last night, going to do the second today but decided to stay at home and do it.. probably not going to work and I'll rush it tomorrow. I still have to reedit my Vikings to get it down to the word count so if anyone is looking for an extra 500 words or so let me know ;)

yeh ill take them off your hands no problem!

Bout 700 into vikings, yet to start interwar and i have another 60% essay in my elective (which is a first year history module) due for friday also!

Ahhh!

Dave I have the Penguin Gisli saga if that's what you mean?

No scanner though sorry :(

No worries my man, I'm just looking around for whatever notes/help I can get on it boss!

Anyone recommend any websites?

• Advertisement

I used the Journal of Scanadivian Studies. Going to give Spectrum a look as well probably tomorrow.

I'm about to get started on the C&S take home exam. What are you guys using for this? I have Kitchen's book and "an economic and social history of europe," as well as the ever-reliable leaving cert 1870-1970 book and a Spanish Civil War book from my special topic...

I was thinking to spend like 1 or 2 hours researching and planning, then writing the essays in the course of about 2 or 3 hours. Is this enough, do ye reckon, or will I have my ass kicked by everyone else spending a day writing full proper essays?

Dave! wrote: »
    How'd you get on MNG?

Not doing very good I'm afraid. :(

I realised last night that what I'd written was fairly sh*tty. I think I structured it arseways. I got a bit done last night and a bit more done this morning but I still need to finish it. I should manage that tonight hopefully although I've written a bit too much!

I've yet to start the inter-war exam and I need to do the Gisli saga as well. I too am really worried about sources so if anyone has some tips as to how to pad the essays out feel free to share. :o

I'm going to try and get some books in the library this evening but from my experience they don't have a lot. I have a double lecture now in politics from 4 to 6 which I really don't need on my plate either but what can you do!

I need to have the inter-war stuff done by this time tomorrow and it looks like I'll be doing the saga essay all night. I'm hoping the quality of the essay won't suffer if it's a rush job.
    passive wrote: »
    I was thinking to spend like 1 or 2 hours researching and planning, then writing the essays in the course of about 2 or 3 hours. Is this enough, do ye reckon, or will I have my ass kicked by everyone else spending a day writing full proper essays?

I'm doing likewise. Research first, then write it in about two hours.

I spent about 3 hours reading through the Kitchen text and another before compiling some notes then typed the essay in about an hour then went back over it and restructured it for another hour. Came to about 1600 words, I know my tutor said they'd expect them to be roughly in or around 1200 given the time constraints you're meant to follow but I know people who are handing in essays for 2500 words and higher..

Again though it's not down to the length of the essay but the quality so it shouldn't matter how long it is as long as it's good :P

it shouldn't matter how long it is as long as it's good :P

The lady disagrees.

I've yet to start the inter-war exam and I need to do the Gisli saga as well. I too am really worried about sources so if anyone has some tips as to how to pad the essays out feel free to share. :o

I'm going to try and get some books in the library this evening but from my experience they don't have a lot. I have a double lecture now in politics from 4 to 6 which I really don't need on my plate either but what can you do!

I need to have the inter-war stuff done by this time tomorrow and it looks like I'll be doing the saga essay all night. I'm hoping the quality of the essay won't suffer if it's a rush job.

You wont be able to get books on the Vikings at this stage unless you can read German/Icelandic ;)

Best bet is to stick to journals and google books etc tbh. There is a lot of stuff there you just have to look for it.

The lady disagrees.

Who now? Devlin? My tutor said it didn't matter.. my essay is at 1600 anyway and that's how I'm leaving it, can't really add much more without quoting or going off into tangents that would make it clear that I spent much more longer than they wanted me too on it..

it shouldn't matter how long it is as long as it's good :P
    The lady disagrees.
    Who now? Devlin? My tutor said it didn't matter..

*bites lip* oh dear... I feel bad...

why is there always a distraction? why cant there be 3 or 4 hours every day where everything shuts down except scholarly material. If its not the bloody champions league its the cricket..

• Advertisement

Why am I confused? :confused:

Cricket? Really? No offence but you know you're bored when cricket becomes a distraction ;)

Also where the hell is Pride Fighter lately, how come he's managing to avoid boards and not be distracted? :(

I also can't make up my mind about which question to do for my second InterWar one... ugh!

Advertisement