Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

It's great that we've had weeks to prepare for the Vikings and most of us are planning on all nighters again.... I've come to the conclusion that this means History students (myself included) as a collective are just retarded :P

Pride check your pms as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rubyroo

Is it still ok to use other people's ideas in the Inter-war exam, even though we don't have to reference? To be fair that's what i generally do in exams anyway...it's just so disconcerting to write essy without referencing anything

I'd imagine that it's ok as long as you put in your own idea based on theirs and don't blatently plagarise paragraphs or anything.

I used my own ideas tbh but I can't see how what I said hasn't been covered already somewhere so meh..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Brimmy wrote: »
    It's great that we've had weeks to prepare for the Vikings and most of us are planning on all nighters again.... I've come to the conclusion that this means History students (myself included) as a collective are just retarded :P

Completely agree, we're a bunch of idiots. I think the essay has been up since late August or Early September. Ah well, this way is more fun :)

Yeah it lets us bond :P

Ok I've been sitting in the library for about an hour now and not done any reading...new plan of action! Go speak to English tutor about assignment, get lunch, come back and beat the crap out of this essay!

Now if that's going to happen or not....

Also does anyone have a copy of Islandingabok/Landnamabok? If you guys do any chance you want to send me a line reference as the only copy I could find in the library was Icelandic..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Completely agree, we're a bunch of idiots. I think the essay has been up since late August or Early September. Ah well, this way is more fun :)

I actually vividly remember my tutor telling us to start reading the sagas asap in the first tutorial!

Such wisdom :)

Just finished propaganda interwar question...

1 more of them to go
    1500 word Easter Rising essay
    800 words left in vikings...

Holy moley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

BTW lads, here's a breakdown of the number of posts per user in this thread :o

Dave! 189
    Brimmy 139
    Pride Fighter 103
    simonrooneyzaga 92
    Mr.Nice Guy 77
    delta_bravo 62
    Tom65 61
    Tardy 37
    Flume 36
    passive 35
    ianthefox 34
    *Hank Scorpio* 29
    emy-87 22
    spaceman1 22
    randomchild 18
    Mushy 15
    Lizziepoos 13
    Raphael 11
    paranoid wreck 11
    Zippitydoo 11
    rubyroo 11
    Leitrim-Mick 6
    princess-sprkle 6
    whirlwind 6
    Rossi-Radar 6
    Wilde 5
    convert 5
    Sativa 5
    pithater1 5
    maximalistic 4
    DaveyGem 3
    rotten_eggz 3
    UCD_Econ 3
    Chakar 3
    Amata 3
    Grimes 2
    sexypuppy 2
    Frank Thomas 2
    puppywuppy 2
    TerrorFirmer 2
    The_Minister 2
    felletor 2
    belgo27 1
    arbeitsscheuer 1
    Ruledbyjames 1
    scalder 1
    ferdi 1
    burnedfaceman 1
    Red Alert 1
    Neville Flynn 1
    seraphimvc 1
    pretty*monster 1
    Ronald777 1
    Het-Field 1

Let's see if that's reflected in the results.... hope not :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Yay, I am third.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Right I've read Gisli at last which helps. :p Quite an interesting story I must say...for a saga anyway. I have a lecture at 3 but after that I'm going to work my arse off on this essay and will hopefully Blitzkrieg that Inter-war take-home exam!

Here's to the all night stress-fest tonight lads!

top 4...

either worrying from the point of view i spend most studying periods on this thread and neglect my work

or

good news in that i am researching and attaining an array of fellow students perspectives ;)

:confused:

• Advertisement

Right I've read Gisli at last which helps. :p Quite an interesting story I must say...for a saga anyway. I have a lecture at 3 but after that I'm going to work my arse off on this essay and will hopefully Blitzkrieg that Inter-war take-home exam!

Here's to the all night stress-fest tonight lads!

your still going to lectures!? I literally havnt been able to go to one in weeks due to the work load!

your still going to lectures!? I literally havnt been able to go to one in weeks due to the work load!

Well it's more of a lecture/seminar. I'm marked for turning up to it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Nice one there Dave. Im not one to gloat but i have to say we're quite a unique group, no other subject has such a concentration of students on the forum and also the year 1+2 history students dont seem to be active on this either. We're a special bunch :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rubyroo

Does anyone have any pointers on the cultural impact of the First World War? I'm about 800 word in and have no ideas where this is going...really need to get this done and move onto english essays!

Also, my tutor said that the viking essay should have a good bit on the reasons why sagas are not reliable historical sources. I've included a fair amount on that anyway and might help people struggling with word count!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Leitrim-Mick

My Essay Saga is finished!! Oh the Viking one might be the greatest amount of drivel i've ever spouted but it's finally over! The only thing that can stop me now is a freak wind blowing all my essays away before I hand them in tomorrow. There are few better feelings than getting this finished, oh Pints indeed are in order!!! Whoop Whoop!!

You see that sound of silence? That's the sound of all of us hating you...

Why are people consistenly talking in the library? Ugh...

Ok, time to start the reading for InterWar..no more postponing!

Also Dave yer so going down ;)

Tom65 is the real winner here. Bastard left us all stewing here stressed up to our eyeballs whilst he's living it up in Stockholm on Erasmus.

I only take solace in the fact he wont have the same support network we did this time next year! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Tom65 is the real winner here. Bastard left us all stewing here stressed up to our eyeballs whilst he's living it up in Stockholm on Erasmus.

I only take solace in the fact he wont have the same support network we did this time next year! ;)

I dunno... maybe there'll be an ever better group waiting for him when he gets back? I'm back from Erasmus this year myself, and didn't have this kinda thing when I left!

passive wrote: »
    I dunno... maybe there'll be an ever better group waiting for him when he gets back? I'm back from Erasmus this year myself, and didn't have this kinda thing when I left!

nah i doubt it - this ones been banging on for well over a year now! Its unique in its own right. One of the universities papers should compose an article on us or something ;)

Finished interwar finally! :D

1500 word Easter Rising essay and 800 words of my saga to go :(

nah i doubt it - this ones been banging on for well over a year now! Its unique in its own right. One of the universities papers should compose an article on us or something ;)

If we get coverage can I get an A for (unintentionally) starting this whole crazy shebang?

• Advertisement

If we get coverage can I get an A for (unintentionally) starting this whole crazy shebang?

You were just blagging after 'being out for 2 weeks'

Pride Fighters first post really got the engaging debate going... So its really his thread i suppose :)

Pride Fighters first post really got the engaging debate going... So its really his thread i suppose :)

Get out of my thread :pac:

So what questions did you do for InterWar? Also when you guys typed your essay did you ever use the phrase 'InterWar' or 'interwar' 'inter-war' or inter war'... they all just look weird...

Get out of my thread :pac:

So what questions did you do for InterWar? Also when you guys typed your essay did you ever use the phrase 'InterWar' or 'interwar' 'inter-war' or inter war'... they all just look weird...

Only if pride fighter asks me to leave :p

I did the propaganda and the spanish civil war.

Literally never studied the spanish civil war before today but it just looked like the handiest one for wikipedia/easy internet sources.

God bless the take-home exam format and the absence of a need for footnotes/bibliography!

I was going to do the propaganda and film ones but then opted for film and the Spanish Civil War.

Kinda liked the Spanish Civil War from what I had read previously so had no problem reading a good few sources for that.. trying to do the film one now though and it's just horrible. Reading sources that have nothing to do with the questions and these were the ones presecribed! Thankfully my Vikings is pretty much done though bar one or two slight changes which I should be able to do on the bus home or in the morning depending how late up I am with this..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

You have my permission to stay Simon:pac:

I just got given out by a librocop for using my phone in the library even though I wasn't talking on it and had only begun to dial as I was on my way out the library.. literally swiping my card as I started to hold the phone to my ear... that's a bit harsh isn't it?:confused:

My God, it's a miracle! Actual Viking books in the library! I got some quotes from 2 of them and took out 2 more so by my count altogether I have 7 sources. I'll just pad that out with a few internet sources and I should be OK in that sense. Are we allowed use Wikipedia? I thought I heard someone say yes. :confused:I really worry if I can make the word count though as I'm doing sea-faring which seems very limiting. Better get waffling. :pac:

I found a good book that should help for my inter-war take home exam so I feel I have everything I need...now just to write the bleedin' things!

F*ck sleep! Coca-cola fueled Insomnia ftw!

Yeah there are loads of books or there was at least still there earlier. I got two more myself but they crap for my topic, only got one decent quote out from them..

Woo all nighter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

naptime now

up at 8pm

start essay at 9

seeya then folks......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

Just finished my Irish women and the family essay. Still have a Inter War essay to do though.

I sense an all nighter coming so i'm off to tescos to get supplies i.e.snacks

Advertisement