Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

For those of you doing Gisli....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Atlaginn_(The_Outlaw)

Shall we have a movie night? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

I had a great plan to get all of these done...but then my Mam made delicious thanksgiving dinner because we had a yank staying. I couldn't pass that up...then the drink came out...

My new plan:

Start Saga essay now. Hopefully get done by 4 or 5. French Revolution essay til 9 or 10. Inter war essay til 1 or 2. Run to bus stop.

Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Dave! wrote: »

Unless your tutor has it; I think not... Look on IMDB, the thing is difficult to obtain! You won't be finding it in XtraVision...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Drinks, sexual favours and now a movie night. Ye lot are a bunch of horny gits!

I just got home from das library. Absolutely shattered. Thankfully the new netbook I bought was easy to use on a bus and I got all the corrections I needed for my InterWar essay done instead of waiting till now...

This means I can comfortably go to bed now and not pull an all nighter and just reread everything tomorrow to make sure there are no glaring typos.

I'm so tired :(

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

What time is the submission dealine at? Is it universal for all essays like usual?

• Advertisement

Brimmy wrote: »

This means I can comfortably go to bed now and not pull an all nighter

Hate
    What time is the submission dealine at? Is it universal for all essays like usual?

Read like 3 posts back.

passive wrote: »
    f*cking cockteasing meatloaf...

LOL, just got that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

To save you the effort it's 3. As it has been officially for 3rd years since we were in 1st year.

Was I the only 1st year who ever actually tried to hand in their essay by 11 like they asked? So the second years could hand in between 11-1 and 3rd years 1-3?

What happened to that system? I miss that system.. it would mean I wouldn't have to queue for a half hour tomorrow.

Also my Vikings essay is 3600 BEFORE the bibliography (a further 140) but thankfully we were told not to include the bibliography in the word count and if we were stuck for space then ignore the footnotes so that gets me down to roughly 3200 and I fall just inside the 10% either way rule :)

edit: I'm crawling into bed now so good luck with the all nighter guess. You can do it! I believe in you! Be the ball! Go for goal! Etc etc etc :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Brimmy wrote: »
    To save you the effort it's 3. As it has been officially for 3rd years since we were in 1st year.

Was I the only 1st year who ever actually tried to hand in their essay by 11 like they asked? So the second years could hand in between 11-1 and 3rd years 1-3?

What happened to that system? I miss that system.. it would mean I wouldn't have to queue for a half hour tomorrow.

Also my Vikings essay is 3600 BEFORE the bibliography (a further 140) but thankfully we were told not to include the bibliography in the word count and if we were stuck for space then ignore the footnotes so that gets me down to roughly 3200 and I fall just inside the 10% either way rule :)

edit: I'm crawling into bed now so good luck with the all nighter guess. You can do it! I believe in you! Be the ball! Go for goal! Etc etc etc :pac:

I will certainly be counting my bibliography and footnotes in the word count if i have any chance of making it to under 10% of 2,500 words!

which i dont

I'll be counting footnotes, bibliography, question, title, module code, tutor's name, my name.... etc.... :p

In the process of planning my essay. I'm going with the theme of JUSTICE in Gisli's saga :cool:

Maybe I should just take the Joycean approach and start writing, and see what comes out! Ulysses II - Viking Styleeee :D

BTW: Crisp sangwiches and tay = life savers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I have awoken from a power snooze, bring on the essay:mad:

I'll be counting footnotes, bibliography, question, title, module code, tutor's name, my name.... etc.... :p

In the process of planning my essay. I'm going with the theme of JUSTICE in Gisli's saga :cool:

Maybe I should just take the Joycean approach and start writing, and see what comes out! Ulysses II - Viking Styleeee :D

BTW: Crisp sangwiches and tay = life savers

I've just written the first third of a smoking introduction. I have my space all laid out, all 9 physical sources laid out seperately, my notepad with quotes and directions to using (some of) them in the essay... I'm all set... This is going to be over soon...

edit: reason I quoted you... Screw tay, it's COFFEETIME!! O_o!

I don't drink coffee :( Tried it during the last all-nighter... nearly made me sick :p Not conducive to quality essay writing!

edit: y'see this is why I have the most posts in this thread and the worst grades! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

have to call it a night now - far too tired. Almost finished my second essay of the day, a personal record. Still all of this to go before 3 tomorrow...

1. Conclude my easter rising essay
    2. 800 words of vikings
    3. Bibliography of both above (will be sick)
    4. Print and hand in!

balls. another late finish and early start i guess!

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves... lalalala..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

I know a song that'll get on your nerves, get on your nerves... lalalala..... :p

All I could think was "lalalalalaLAXDAELA SAGA..."

My mind. It is gone.

C'mon essay.

C'mon essay.

Can't see that working... Jesus, there's a lot of us, isn't there? This is actually flowing quite smoothly, and I'm relatively certain it's good. Have a 500 word introduction written, and if my plan continues guiding me through gentle, I'll get the other 2000 words done by a time that would allow some sleep... (6?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Can't see that working... Jesus, there's a lot of us, isn't there?

While pulling my own last minute all nighter it's quite refreshing to see virtually every contibutor to this thread as equally ****ed as me

Hooray, welcome Bubs. May your assignments come to fruition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

THREE DOWN!

...soon as I do the bibliography. :o

Then the most rushed take-home exam in the history of UCD!

Come on we can all do this. YES WE CAN! YES WE CAN!

Does boards still have it's nocturnal downtime?

If god forbid it does go down, I shall see you lot at tweet.ie :D

tweet.ie :D

what's th.... *narrows eyes* oh... I see your game.. we all get distracted, you hand in your essays and get all the percentages we didn't use up due to late penalties... Watch it buddy!
    or I'll cut you so bad you're gonna wish I didn't cut you so bad...
    !

Another plan thwarted ¬_¬

Is everyone asleep?

I f*cking wish... Going to kill myself though.

I f*cking wish... Going to kill myself though.

Hang in there. Think happy thoughts of feuding vikings who feud over bedstead boards and other irrelevant shit

wow... got totally too far embroilled in the historicity of the sagas... now...to actually get to the topic at hand... then my saga... -_-... 1400 words in..

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

i thought i was a degenerate leaving it this late but there seems to be loads of us. if this many of us are posting at this hour that must equate to nearly half the class still doing essays.

or maybe its just a boards thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well Gisli's saga is done and dusted. Probably the toughest essay experience ever writing that one out and now I've got to do these bleeding take home exam questions.

I'm supposed to have my last lecture of the term at 12 but I'm going to write that off I reckon. Don't see myself getting any sleep.

This is hell. ABSOLUTE HELL!!!

Advertisement