Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

None to go!

Pretty much finished with the take-home exam now me thinks. I'm just shy of 2,000 words altogether. I doubt I'll add too much to it. Don't want to dilute the overall excellence. :rolleyes:

What a f*cking night. I never want to go through that again. One assignment at the last minute is bad enough but two is an ordeal.

Anyone know how many copies we need for the take-home exam? I think I'll print two off anyway to be safe.

2 copies yeah. To be honest i dont think we will have such an epic night again, i think next year its going back to the exams

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I hereby challenge all of you to coffee at 4:30 (when we've presumably all handed in our essays and wandered about in a daze).... Or a pint a 5, if anybody's game?

ugh... sitting on my laptop in front of my mac... pressing print, angrily trying to figure out why it isn't working... duurrrgghhh..... My laptop has no connection whatsoever to the printer, it just happens to be geographically close to it at this moment in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think most of us will be asleep by 4:30. I know I will! The question is do I make my 12 o'clock lecture or not. Might look bad if I start snoozing. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I had to have a little power nap there :p Now to finish this f*cking thing off...................

I think most of us will be asleep by 4:30. I know I will! The question is do I make my 12 o'clock lecture or not. Might look bad if I start snoozing. :pac:
    Dave! wrote: »
    I had to have a little power nap there :p Now to finish this f*cking thing off...................

-respect both of ye. Once I've gotten this far there's no stopping until tonight. We must move forwards, not backwards! upwards, not forwards! and always twirling..twirling...

No...but really... kinda lost the plot on my Vikings essay in the last 3rd.. it's 3500 words long (incl 200 word bibliography) but needs at least another hour's work.. possibly more.. sigh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Just me guys but I work better with alcohol in me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

****! slept in... hate races against the clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

passive wrote: »
    No...but really... kinda lost the plot on my Vikings essay in the last 3rd.. it's 3500 words long (incl 200 word bibliography) but needs at least another hour's work.. possibly more.. sigh...

*phew* good to know know I wasn't the only one ridiculously over the word count. I'd be up for coffee/prints whatever but not today, gotta rush home after handing these in and start work on 4 English essays!

Also I can't stop playing Viking Kittens now :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Big danger of a test in that class. He reffered to the reading in monday's class

Brimmy wrote: »
    *phew* good to know know I wasn't the only one ridiculously over the word count. I'd be up for coffee/prints whatever but not today, gotta rush home after handing these in and start work on 4 English essays!

Oh yeah... them... forgot about the other 12000 words I've to get done in the next 6 days -_-

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Big danger of a test in that class. He reffered to the reading in monday's class

Oh feck. :eek:

Finished :):):)

Now just have to do the footnotes, etc!

YAY
    Oh feck. :eek:

Do you not have one of those 'get out of jail' things in that class?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

does anyone know if the inter war essays have to be submitted as two separate essays or one single exam

Do you not have one of those 'get out of jail' things in that class?

Nah used up I'm afraid. :pac:

does anyone know if the inter war essays have to be submitted as two separate essays or one single exam

I'd imagine one. Just print them seperately and staple them together..it's what I'm doing anyway.

How did you guys all write your saga in your bibliography?

Also wondering the same :D

Off to get the bus now and haul ass in. Going to edit my essays on the way in (thank you amazing battery life) but I'll probably still end up rushing to K around 3 to get it in as I haven't set up for wireless printing yet and probably wont get a printer for ages..

oh do we need that cover sheet thing to...?

200 words to go in my final inter war question. Think im going to shed a tear

oh do we need that cover sheet thing to...?

I would say so yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

im gonna use the history essay cover sheet for the exam anyways dave..

400 words til freedom!
    until tomorrow

400 words til freedom!
    until tomorrow

How dare you take a day off, lazy git :P

You need 2 copies of each essay, each with its own complete cover sheet =/. (i.e. 2 x vikings. 2 x both interwar essays.)

Good news; I'm still alive

Better news; My essays have both been handed in

****ing amazing news; I received a €750 top up grant from the international office. I was not expecting this. Coke and hookers, anyone?

****ing amazing news; I received a €750 top up grant from the international office. I was not expecting this. Coke and hookers, anyone?

So those pints you were suggesting...

You need 2 copies of each essay, each with its own complete cover sheet =/. (i.e. 2 x vikings. 2 x both interwar essays.)

Good news; I'm still alive

Better news; My essays have both been handed in

Update: Phew I've just learned there won't be a problem with my essay!

Now is not the time for an angry rant cos my essays are done and now it's time for...

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ

:D:D:D

Brimmy wrote: »
    So those pints you were suggesting...

nah... this money will be blown/invested/turned into a bike in a couple of weeks... First I have English to deal with *knuckles down*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I'm a bit tired. 6 hours sleep over the last 72 hours does that to you.

Sh*tty news: Get ready for this one cos this sums up my life perfectly...

So I hand in my 2 Viking essays. No probs. I hand in my 2 Interwar take home exams. No probs. I hand in my Sexuality & Society essay - prob. I needed two. 'Just go down and get it photocopied' they said. 'Can you not take the one' I asked? 'No.' Well now I can't work those machines out at all and I rarely photocopy stuff so I was completely lost but a girl very kindly offered to help me out. There was a few problems getting it printed but eventually it all worked out...or so I thought.

Later on I realise I am missing a page...ON BOTH BLOODY ESSAYS.

That's right not only was the copy f*cked, so too was the original! Why do you mock me Lord! I swear my life is like Larry David's sometimes with the sh*t that goes on. I reckon the girl must have taken it by accident as I couldn't find it when I went back. I said I'd email my lecturer and they told me that would be a good idea. They still let me hand it in but they're incomplete at the minute.

I just emailed my lecturer and attached the essay as it should look. Hopefully she will be lenient and not dock me any marks. I think she's one of the more reasonable and sensible lecturers so fingers crossed.

It's really brought a dark cloud over my celebratory mood though. :( Ah well hopefully it gave you lot a laugh. :pac:
    poor bugger!

Ah well -- it's over! Rejoice!

poor bugger!

Ah well -- it's over! Rejoice!

Ah it's grand cos my good mood is back! I got it sorted out and everything's right again with the world.

I'm so pleased to be free of essays. Still got 2 exams but that's a December problem. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

The lecturer for Sexuality and Society is really nice, she gave me an extension on the other essay because of family stuff. She is actually really sound and understanding so Id say you will be grand!

I got the Viking and Sexuality and society ones in. Theyre crap but they arent failable, so Im happy enough. Ive got Japanese tomorrow, then Ill do InterWar on Sunday. Then onto Information Studies essays!!

Im going to have a fun week.

Advertisement