Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Good luck lads I'm preparing for an all-nighter myself. Just the one for me this time - Irish Exp. I'm doing the transport one. Got myself 5 books in the library so gonna read up on them and then write what I can.

Keep the faith! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I'm not anticipating having to pull an all-nighter -- I have faith in my waffling skills :D Hopefully I'll get it done before say midnight! Then I can start cramming for my MCQ tomorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Allniter

Hey im trying doin the transport document for irish experience, couldnt get any books in the library for it. Any one know any online sources for it, any help would be appreciated im screwed other wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

800 words of my final draft on Asia and going.....slowly.

The Irish one should hopefully not be too bad. Plan on getting the Asia done by 10. Irish by 2am.

Going to the shops now to get myself some sugar and lucozade :pac:

Allniter wrote: »
    Hey im trying doin the transport document for irish experience, couldnt get any books in the library for it. Any one know any online sources for it, any help would be appreciated im screwed other wise?

Have you tried Jstor? I love how your username clearly shows you just joined for this sole purpose btw :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

3 hours to turn my Irish exp notes into an essay, then cycle home and start my Japa... hey wait, this isn't me. Hmmm...someone left their boards account logged in in the library. Mwahaha...

Maybe I shouldn't post as him, then remain exactly where he was.... hmmm... dilemma... *logs out*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    3 hours to turn my Irish exp notes into an essay, then cycle home and start my Japa... hey wait, this isn't me. Hmmm...someone left their boards account logged in in the library. Mwahaha...

Maybe I shouldn't post as him, then remain exactly where he was.... hmmm... dilemma... *logs out*

Right... So then I'll cycle home and start my Japan. And 12:30 deadline? seriously!? ghey... That's 4 hours earlier than it needs to be in...

Either or I'm already sleep deprived or ye lot have gone crazy.

I have just purchase a ****load of sugar and I've taken off my pants. Time to get comfortable :pac:

passive wrote: »
    Right... So then I'll cycle home and start my Japan. And 12:30 deadline? seriously!? ghey... That's 4 hours earlier than it needs to be in...
    Ahh but it's Downey, it's not allowed to follow conventions...
    Brimmy wrote: »
    Either or I'm already sleep deprived or ye lot have gone crazy.

I have just purchase a ****load of sugar and I've taken off my pants. Time to get comfortable :pac:

Oh dear

That never ends productively (academically...) for me :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Oh dear

That never ends productively (academically...) for me :D

It's my first time to drink RedBull/Boost in non Jaegerbomb form too.. :o

So someone do me a favour and if I stop posting for more than 1 hour assume I've had a heart attack and call an amublance?
    Seriously. Please call an ambulance.

• Advertisement

call an amublance?

Maybe lay off the energy drinks if you want to write a legible essay.

Haha. That's why we have spell checker ;)

The energy drinks are only there as a severe last resort. I've got water and banana's first.

Japanese essay is almost done. Just over halfway through my third (and final draft).

I'm not too worried about the early deadline because I've gone in without sleep for the past two all-nighters.

Sleep is for the weak, Apu!

I'm still compiling notes for my document analysis. With regards to Irish transport history did you know...
    It sucks balls?

I'm gonna be so delirious in about eight hours time...

Have you tried Jstor? I love how your username clearly shows you just joined for this sole purpose btw :p

Ye im not gettin alot of relevant articles from it! Ha i know ive been on the thread a few times and it seemed like a good name !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Allniter, legend of a username.

Thank f*ck for wikipedia is all I'll say...

Downey told us not to use wiki-pae-di-a as he pronounced it.

I get the suspicion though that he's the kind of guy that would write something absurd that sounds factual on it in the hope that a student uses it... is that just me though?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Anyone remember if we italicise quotes in an essay? Getting a mental block here

I never have and never been told to do so?..

Footnote goes before or after the fullstop? :P

Allniter, legend of a username.
    Ha thanks, i thought it was appropriate, ive done too many of them thanks to piled on history essays(and my own laziness)!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I get the suspicion though that he's the kind of guy that would write something absurd that sounds factual on it in the hope that a student uses it... is that just me though?

I've heard it's common practice among tutors/lecturers in the school of history and that quite a few students have been caught out!!!!!

Ha! Doesn't surprise me much tbh.

I've never actually used Wiki for a source for an essay now would I ever do so. I may glance over it though before I start the academic reading though for the very (lose) basics :pac:

Oh and Japan = finished! I might actually get some sleep tonight :D

convert wrote: »
    I've heard it's common practice among tutors/lecturers in the school of history and that quite a few students have been caught out!!!!!

Ah sure next you'll be telling me Yamamoto isn't the name of a Japanese motorcycle company. :pac:

How are we getting on chaps? I've come up with my plan and now I've just got to write it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

You would have to be pretty desperate to copy a wikipedia page, I would rather give an essay in late than take the risk.

I'm 416 words (including the title and my name and student no. :p) into Japan...

Can't concentrate though cos Poker After Dark is on Setanta :( Will take a break til midnight I reckon... So much for sleeping tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

Wow :eek: Just completely finished the Asia and the word count is 1999 !!!!! You'd swear I planned it, do you reckon they will let me away with the word ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I just watched dragons den. Back to work.

If I get 1500 for Japan then I'll be happy... Got a D in my saga essay in Vikings last semester, and managed a C overall, so by that same rationale I reckon I'll be able to suck nuts in this essay :D

Hey did Double D mention that the final exam will have Japan questions as well as Oz? Or is it just Oz?

Just type 'Fin' at the end and you wont have a problem.

I got mine in at 2,301. That's without a Bibliography but include the ****ty footnotes of 'x pxxx'. Might try go looking to see if there's a sentence or two I can wean off on the bus in the morning :p

Final exam = 2 questions on just Oz.

• Advertisement

hmm... Are the departments closed over the break? I might have to be reasonable and hand this Japan thing in late. Won't get anything worthwhile done on time... But... if there's no way to hand it in...

alternatively; anyone got any good online sources or Jstor articles for Japan? As regards for which essay... I'm open to suggestions, at this stage, but something early Japan, possibly the Meiji one, would be best.

Advertisement