Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'm fairly certain they're open.

Is anyone doing they're document analysis on the Royal Commission of the Conditions of the Poorer Classes? If you do any good sources on Jstor save me the effort of looking? I'll be your friend if you tell me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

passive wrote: »
    hmm... Are the departments closed over the break? I might have to be reasonable and hand this Japan thing in late. Won't get anything worthwhile done on time... But... if there's no way to hand it in...

alternatively; anyone got any good online sources or Jstor articles for Japan? As regards for which essay... I'm open to suggestions, at this stage, but something early Japan, possibly the Meiji one, would be best.

Going by Downey's wording in his e-mail I don't think he is accepting any late essays. "It's the FINAL DEADLINE" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wacko wrote: »
    Going by Downey's wording in his e-mail I don't think he is accepting any late essays. "It's the FINAL DEADLINE" etc.
    Yeah that's what I took from that also...

Right, Poker After Dark is over... Have to do some work now :( F*CK I HATE THIS!!!!!!!! AGFAPLKOSDOGKPFKDOFPG

THE DELIRIUM SETS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dertdfgdfg

On the plus side we're set to reach 100 pages tonight...

Commencing Irish Essay........................................NOW!

100 pages? Me bollix :p I'm on 37 pages! Change your settings noob!

• Advertisement

I like my pages short. I used to have ****ty broadband that would take ages to load.

Got that fixed with a 20 meg line though ;) (That's really only 4 megs now but downloads at 10 meg speeds. Upc are weird).

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm up to 546 words for my document analysis. I'm about to lay the smackdown on the British government for its role in the famine.

By the way when discussing the famine do we use a small f or not? I have a few books and some capitalise it and others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

1250 words done on the Irish Experience. Never waffled so much about how great a census is :)

Dave! wrote: »
    100 pages? Me bollix :p I'm on 37 pages! Change your settings noob!

Never, thats far too complicated

Noobs...

I'm up to 579 words!

And I've discovered I have a good bit more to say!

Joy!

• Advertisement

Noobs...

I'm up to 579 words!

And I've discovered I have a good bit more to say!

Joy!

good man,

Where is that feature where you can see how many posts each member made on the thread? Cant find it anymore, I remember you got it last time

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

Im doing ok for the moment... Im doing Meji question and there isnt a huge amount you can say, other than they wanted the foreigners out and they were willing to do anything really to do that! So im talking about the Unequal treaties a fair bit! :rolleyes:

Im at 1400 so far, got a bit more to talk about so I think Ill just about hit the word limit. With bibliography and footnotes. :)

Imo, just do the Asia one and get it in tomorrow. You wouldnt know if he refuses to take them after the FINAL DEADLINE or not. Ill be handing in my Irish essay next week, I cant do both at the same time! :)

You click on the number of posts, beside the thread title on the forum page

Or this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2055161820

I win :p:(

I lost out by one post the last time. If that happens again I swear someone is going to die tonight..........

e: Damnit! Second again!

You click on the number of posts, beside the thread title on the forum page

Or this
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2055161820

I win :p:(

6th, pathetic.

EDIT: We made it to 100 pages! Had to be in the wee hours of an essay deadline day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Who will get the 1500th post:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Anyway, back to work. Half of one done, 2 and a half to do:mad:

Gone looking for reports of the poor commission documents on Jstor. All sources are roughly 150 page books.....................%£*I!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

Anyone doing the synod of Thurles for the Irish experience ?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

For the Bibliography, it has to be in alphabetical order, doesnt it? Its by the Authors name, right? So what happens if you have two authors? :confused:

• Advertisement

889 words and I'm only a third of the way through. Woo hoo for now, headache later though.

Gonna take a bit of a break now.

emy-87 wrote: »
    For the Bibliography, it has to be in alphabetical order, doesnt it? Its by the Authors name, right? So what happens if you have two authors? :confused:

Books - More than One Author, Translator or Editor
    N 2. Theodor W. Adorno and Walter Benjamin, The Complete Correspondence, 1928-1940, ed. Henri Lonitz, trans. Nicholas Walker (Cambridge, 1999).
    B Adorno, Theodor W., and Walter Benjamin. The Complete Correspondence, 1928-1940, edited by Henri Lonitz. Translated by Nicholas Walker. Cambridge, 1999.

You go by whoevers name appears first on the book. Like "US History by John Adams and Abe Lincoln" becomes;

Bib:

Adams, John and Abe Lincoln. US History etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Eh... Can't submit late? This isn't looking good... *cries*

Power through the fear!

Can a lecturer actually refuse to point blank not take an essay if it's over the deadline? I thought they have to take it anytime within 2 weeks after anyway with the added penalties?

But it's Downey... He'll find a way...

734 words!

God this is dragging in...

Yay just got my conclusion to do now. Still have all those footnotes to sort out though so may be around for a while yet.

BELIEVE!

I think we're gonna make it,
    I think we're gonna save it yeah...

I'm just not arsed with this..........

883 words and I'm just typing up my conclusion.

Put in some footnotes and the Bibliography and I'll probably manage to get over 1000 words... oh well

Do your best, Dave. :cool:

PS 1500th post. :P

• Advertisement

hmmm

Do journal articles go in the Bibliography or is it only for books?

Advertisement