Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

I did mine in 4 hours- not a bother ;)

Only starting the irish experience now tho- where the hell do I find the clear article?! Can't find her on JSTOR... fecks sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

It should be in the core textbook if you bought it or in the document packs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Don't have the textbook- not in the packs from what I can tell- ah well doesn't really matter.

I just read the question again, bit confused, ...

C. Week 4: Extracts from the Third Report of the Royal Commission on the Conditions of the Poorer Classes in Ireland, Appendix H (1836).

... is the one I'm doing. I had presumed it was the whole week 4 article, but according to this it's just the first page and a half or so... is this right? Seems very short to write 1500 words on! ... I'm tired :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah it'll be just 1 or 2 pages probs

Use the rest as background reading and reference them/quote them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Essay 1/4 done, time 1/4 depleted... so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

All is quiet....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

shhh....

So did everyone get everything in on time? :)

I did ! Downey did not recognise me, so told me I must keep to myself during seminars... Little does he know I've only been to one ¬_¬

I thought he read this thread, or something? was there not some comment about that, regarding anonymity, mysterious threats and all that, a while back?

edit; got em in on time... working at 7pm... haven't slept... Secret lake, cans, 4pm? anyone?

Also; anyone think it's weird we didn't have to sign our essays in or anything? they didn't even look at mine... Argh... And Jesus, the version I submitted online ended with "okay, that'll do for now. Just need to cite doc2 somewhere in there, and rework a few things, but you can do that tomorrow in the three hours. Japan you can't. ****."

or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

I submitted my essay at 12.25....I slept in! Yeah Downey just stamped mine, suggested I drink a hot whiskey to help my cold! Hes such a legend, I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

passive wrote: »
    Also; anyone think it's weird we didn't have to sign our essays in or anything? they didn't even look at mine...

That's why you submitted an electronic version online. It acts as the proof you submitted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

passive wrote:
    I thought he read this thread, or something? was there not some comment about that, regarding anonymity, mysterious threats and all that, a while back?

He reads this thread?! Well on a completely unrelated matter may I say what an outstanding man he is!

Friday was a really tough slog. I managed to hand in my essays on time but the print job wasn't great on it. I did print off another version on a different computer but for some reason it came out bandy so I had to use the originals. I hope I won't lose presentation marks. :o

I hadn't slept a wink. I handed it in around 11:30 or so and there wasn't too many people there. I was almost drunk I was that sleep deprived. Downey seemed in good spirits. As soon as I got home I hopped into bed and woke up around midnight. Were anyone else's eyes killing them? My eyes were damn sore! Today they feel a lot better. I know I say this after every essay submission but no more all-nighters! :cool:

Anyone heading into UCD next week? I am going to try and go in for a few days and catch up on some subjects because there's too many distractions for me to study at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭captainscarlet

Seriously does anyone have the essay titles. I got the Asia and Irish Exp done, but i havent been to the lectures to get the Nom to Mech titles.

Went to the history office to ask them but she just gave me Eamon o Flaherty's Email address...and he walked into the office just as she was writing it!!!!!

Anyone heading into UCD next week? I am going to try and go in for a few days and catch up on some subjects because there's too many distractions for me to study at home.

I've to go in on Monday to submit my last essay, and think I'll go to the historysoc talk after that, and partake of some wine!

"Despite the break next week we are ploughing ahead with what promises
    to be a lively and engaging talk on Monday (9th March) by Tom Reilly:

'Cromwell: An Honourable Enemy'"

If any other boardsies are going along, we could wear something to mark ourselves...like... nightcaps, or something similarly appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I've to go in on Monday to submit my last essay, and think I'll go to the historysoc talk after that, and partake of some wine!

"Despite the break next week we are ploughing ahead with what promises
    to be a lively and engaging talk on Monday (9th March) by Tom Reilly:

'Cromwell: An Honourable Enemy'"

If any other boardsies are going along, we could wear something to mark ourselves...like... nightcaps, or something similarly appropriate.

The guy is a lunatic, he has a list of people he does not talk to, so if anyone is on his list he does not give the talk. Nobody from UCD is on his list, yet. You should go, I might be there.

The guy is a lunatic, he has a list of people he does not talk to, so if anyone is on his list he does not give the talk. Nobody from UCD is on his list, yet. You should go, I might be there.

I'd say you just made the list...

I'd say you just made the list...

Brilliant, the guy thinks the massacre of Drogheda never happened and that Cromwell was a saint.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 OnlyTwoInter

Hey,

I know i'm a complete waster but does anyone know the name of the lecturer or any tutor for Religion and Society in Independent Ireland and also The Irish Experience? I haven't been to many lectures/tutorials this term!!

Thanks

Hey,

I know i'm a complete waster but does anyone know the name of the lecturer or any tutor for Religion and Society in Independent Ireland and also The Irish Experience? I haven't been to many lectures/tutorials this term!!

Thanks

http://www.ucd.ie/regrecords/leaveofabsence%20etc.htm

you'll want the 3rd paragraph from the bottom.

Oh, o.k that's fair. Can anyone out there help? I'm really stuck with this one...

Oh, o.k that's fair. Can anyone out there help? I'm really stuck with this one...

actually I read your previous comment as "any" instead of many... I retract my meanness.

Em... isn't Lecturer info and all in the course information on blackboard? as regards tutors, you'll have to go to the history dept to see who you should have had, contact details etc. It's open this week, so you can head in tomorrow.

• Advertisement

O.k Great, thank you so much.

Has there been any clarification with regard to Downey taking essays late?

I got mine in on time, so didn't have to find out. But nobody answered here about it. I'd say emailling him is your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

. I'd say emailling him is your best bet.

I dont know about that really since he seems to be a bit of a technophobe. Have a whiskey and give him a call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Brandy or cognac fyi :pac:

In the spirit of midterm I decided to stay away from this thread yet keep finding myself drawn back to it..

Brimmy wrote: »
    Brandy or cognac fyi :pac:

In the spirit of midterm I decided to stay away from this thread yet keep finding myself drawn back to it..

You love us
    You love us
    You love us
    You love
    You love us
    Oh you love us
    You love
    You love us
    You love us
    You love

hey, me again!

Just wondering how to upload the essay on Irish Experience? The tool for doing it doesn't appear to be on the Assignments or Course Tools page anymore?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

surely late essays have to be accepted - the 2/4 grade points you lose for handing in work 1/2 weeks late is standard practice in the college. A module co-ordinator cant just decide he doesnt want to adhere to the standard practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Em... isn't Lecturer info and all in the course information on blackboard? as regards tutors, you'll have to go to the history dept to see who you should have had, contact details etc. It's open this week, so you can head in tomorrow.

The office don't have the tutors' names, you have to go to the course co-ordinator instead.

And if you were at one lecture/tutorial, the least you should know is the lecturer's name.... Seriously, you're in final year....

surely late essays have to be accepted - the 2/4 grade points you lose for handing in work 1/2 weeks late is standard practice in the college. A module co-ordinator cant just decide he doesnt want to adhere to the standard practice.

Downey is special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Downey is special.

hah! i hope your wrong as i was absent from last weeks all nighter but will be embarking on my own tonight!

I know at least 4 people in the same boat also so there will be a lot of angry 3rd years outside the history office tomorrow if they're not accepting them!

Advertisement