Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

FishTaco wrote: »
    Im going to give you an exam tip for free, don't write you're history essays like that or you'll fail, it's not really the style they like ;) Also you don't seem to be particularly good at extracting information from written passages

What part of "No, I don't information relating to this" in one of my previous posts fo you not understand, again you haven't read the passages clearly either. Also, I don't study history, I was making an observation of the "I need help because I was sick" excuses which are prevalent in every other subject, besides history. And no, I do a subject which is based on more objective knowledge and logical positivism, thus my posts here are not meant to be representative of this as such.
    All in all, I should hope you have your history mode turned off when you're on boards, otherwise good luck with the repeats next year.

I should say the same to you, but why bother considering you only made this assertion on the basis of a few posts on a public internet forum. Well done!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

You don't even study history? WTF are you doing acting all high and mighty on a thread specifically about third year history then? Nutter...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

El Siglo calm down now or I will ban you.

It's not acceptable to call another poster an idiot, and it's not appropriate to derail a thread by going ballistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

FishTaco wrote: »
    You don't even study history? WTF are you doing acting all high and mighty on a thread specifically about third year history then? Nutter...
    If you don't like someone's post then just report it, do not engage in personal abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

god things got heated there for a second!!!

The first argument i can remember in well over a year of existance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

god things got heated there for a second!!!

The first argument i can remember in well over a year of existance!

We history students are a peaceful folk.

We know too much about wars as is.. Last ever lecture tomorrow :)/:(

Brimmy wrote: »
    We history students are a peaceful folk.

We know too much about wars as is.. Last ever lecture tomorrow :)/:(

Emotional times, im doing my last EVER essay at the moment (politics not history) - one last late night and ill be free!! (barring exams)

Started the last history one earlier... Then stopped for the United match and can't really motivate myself back too it because it makes it all so......final.

Really should get back to it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I've only got the one essay left too... Can't wait to get it outa the way tbh ! :D

Have a project to get done before I even look at it though :( Can see an all-nighter happening on Thursday :(

I think we've been in the same class and even in the same tutorial group but I didn't want to say hi in case it wasn't you..

(And yes I'm aware this makes me sound like a complete stalker).

• Advertisement

lol :p Well I'm done going to those lectures and seminars, so we'll never know! :D What you doing the last essay on?

I was thinking on doing the "How did media representations help American society to comprehend the attacks of 9/11?" but I'm starting to learn towards changing it to "To what extent has US foreign policy been conducted in a ‘unipolar world’ since the end of the Cold War?".

That's mainly because I couldn't find any good readings in the library for the Media Question. I've 3 books on a general approach to it so I'll have to see how good sources are for online articles.

You?

I was thinking the media one too, basing my essay loosely on yer man's lecture a while ago :p Haven't been able to give it any thought though tbh cos I've other sh*t to do before I can even look at it :(

Yeah I'm leaning towards the media one myself.. Jstor has a few good articles from quickly scanning the titles.

It's quite a broad topic though and a bit subjective. I royally screwed up the first assignment too by misreading the question :(

Oh yeah, how'd you get on? I managed a B, which is a great grade by my standards :p All the rest of ye c*nts get A's usually though haha :D

I was very happy with my essay tbh

As for the other history modules though..... I'm afraid to even get those grades :( lol. I'm really regretting going to f*ck all seminars now btw. I just couldn't bring myself to read all the sh*t, so didn't wanna turn up and have no idea!

D-.

Worst grade I've gotten in 3 years but serves me right for misreading the topic really.

Have to make this one extra good just to balance it out and keep the GPA respectable. I figure getting a B+ in this will drag it overall back to a C+ with attendance and then let my other modules balance it out......hopefully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone doing the Politics essay due in for Wednesday in the Sovereign states course? That's my last ever essay in UCD looks like.

Last history lecture is Monday? Is there not an Irish Experience one on Tuesday?

Monday is going to be a hard slog for me.

nah im just finishing off the Political Change one - had mumps the last couple of weeks but my extension runs out at midday :o - just about finished so heavily looking forward to my bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

nah im just finishing off the Political Change one - had mumps the last couple of weeks but my extension runs out at midday :o - just about finished so heavily looking forward to my bed!

Sorry to hear that, I'm a but unwell meself.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

So did anyone head to the last Asia & Oz lecture? I was at it and I attended the one with the Japanese ambassador too. Didn't stay for the drinks as I have to work on an essay. Anyone a bit saddened by the whole thing? :)

And just to clarify, is there no lecture for the Irish Experience course tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No Irish Exp lecture tomorrow. There was a slightly sad tinge to the end of it alright

Little bit sad alright... wont comment further till we get the essays back on Wednesday :pac:

What was the Japanese amb. lecture like? I left after the final lecture

I quite like that Aussie professor

It was about the position of Japan in relation to its security post WW2.

He was actually quite funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

anyone know where i can find the titles for the resit essays

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

anyone know where i can find the titles for the resit essays

There's some colourful posts on the previous page that should cover this pretty well...

Wouldn't resist essays have to have been in for about a month ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 horsey24787

No they're due in on friday. I assumed that i would have to resit an exam, as you do in the other subjects i do but apparently the history department do things differently. So now i have 3 days to do the essay but can't for the life of me find the essay titles.

Luckily i have nothing to do for the rest of the week so if i do 3 days of solid work i might be all right if only i knew what the titles were.

And before anyone points it out I know it was stupid not to check this earlier but I just assumed it would be an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

People, I know your probably busy like myself, but does anyone have some past papers from last year of some courses? They don't have them up on the site, which is annoying. Courses are: Religion & State(Ireland/Europe around 16th century), Modern America(any American history will do), and Sport & Modern Society.

Anything would be great, if not, feck it, I'll survive.

• Advertisement

Horsey - The office will have them on a sheet of paper. They don't get put online as far as I'm aware.

Mushy - Can't help you I'm afraid as I throw mine out. I remember doing Brighams class last year though on American History and Detante featured quite prominently, there was also a question on the Spanish War and the Philippines.. that may have all been encorporated into the one question though.

He was only visiting for the year though so no idea if that's a help to you.

Advertisement