Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

What are you guys doing in terms of reading? Using any good historians or what? I'm going to do the question on Education and one on Welfare with Health being a back up or using it with Welfare.

Think I might do transport too to cover myself but I really hate this module.

MNG any chance I can get your essay? I can trade you one on the Commission for Poor Relief that has lots of Primary material with not a lot of secondary (Which was why I was given a C+, bit harsh I thought but oh well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

If all you arts heads spent as much time studying for your leaving cert as you do whinging in this thread then you wouldnt be arts heads would you?

None of this matters considering none of you will have jobs. The great Unemployable.

What's that go to do with anything? How are we whinging?

Oh no we might not have jobs in a Recession like most other people. Suppose I could always waste my life playing poker and looking like a bum because I debate the value of 2 euro.

Stop trolling. You're not wanted here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

TommyGunne wrote: »
    If all you arts heads spent as much time studying for your leaving cert as you do whinging in this thread then you wouldnt be arts heads would you?

None of this matters considering none of you will have jobs. The great Unemployable.
    I think we can do without that sort of behavior, don't you?

Now if you'll excuse me, I should get back to studying for my real degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

TommyGunne wrote: »

The pointlessness of your post, and mocking of your poker career have already been dealt with, so I'll say it with song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

passive wrote: »
    Sounds good. Wasn't going to look at transport, but no harm anyway. will send mine, which was, in fact a B... though... for no given reason like yours or the others. just minor technical points :confused:

Cool, I've sent mine on. :cool:
    Brimmy wrote: »
    MNG any chance I can get your essay? I can trade you one on the Commission for Poor Relief that has lots of Primary material with not a lot of secondary (Which was why I was given a C+, bit harsh I thought but oh well).

Yeah PM me your email address and I'll send it on.

Yeah PM me your email address and I'll send it on.

I've tried sending mine to you twice now and have gotten 2 failures. Got a different email address I can send it too?

I've tried sending mine to you twice now and have gotten 2 failures. Got a different email address I can send it too?

I'll PM you a different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

i sent mine on too mng - did u get it?

i sent mine on too mng - did u get it?

Yeah I did. Cheers for that. It will help me in my all-night Cramathon!

• Advertisement

You do realize the exam is next week?... ;)

Yeah I did. Cheers for that. It will help me in my all-night Cramathon!

can you now send me yours? :D

You do realize the exam is next week?... ;)

Yeah. Right now I'm on a Sovereign State Cramathon. The most boring Cramathon of them all.
    can you now send me yours? :D

Sh*t I confused you with passive as I sent one his way too. I'll send it on to you now. :o

Yeah. Right now I'm on a Sovereign State Cramathon. The most boring Cramathon of them all.

Worse than the Irish Experience? Seriously I cannot cram for this exam. I just find it horribly boring and irrelevant. I can see myself scraping a pass in this and having my other grades componsate for it.

I'll be cramming straight after Australia History all weekend but why does the Manchester derby have to be on this weekend :(

Worse than the Irish Experience? Seriously I cannot cram for this exam. I just find it horribly boring and irrelevant. I can see myself scraping a pass in this and having my other grades componsate for it.

It actually is. One question I'm studying for concerns economic explanations for state formation. My brain sighs just thinking about it.

I agree with you on Irish Experience though. My waffling skills will need to be on top form if I'm to write anything worthwhile. I might take a pass grade in that exam the way things are going at the minute.

That could be a bit annoying all right. When's the exam?

Just touching up my notes there for English exam tomorrow. 6pm exams are dead handy as it means I get the day to cram.

As for Irish Experience I really think I'll be lucky to come away with a C from the exam itself and I'll be happy for it. At least I have 3 exams before then to get the waffling skills up to scratch ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I did feck all study today... 3 days to study for Aus, which is probably adequate if I get the thumb out tomorrow! Gonna also have to get a bit of Irish study done in that period. I have an elective exam Saturday evening, so I'll just spend Saturday day cramming for that one. Then Sunday I'll cram for Irish, and then I'm free on Tuesday!

...then back at Christmas to repeat Operating Systems... f*cking piece of f*cking sh*t....

You know you're repeating already? Sorry to hear that.

Actually if we have to repeat does that mean we have to wait an additional year till we can graduate or are we given the parchment after Christmas when the module is passed does anyone know?

3 days for Asia is more than fine. I'm only spending 1 and a half (from Thursday evening). Though I did do all the readings for one of my questions already and have everything whittled down to just under 2 A4 pages of notes for it.

That could be a bit annoying all right. When's the exam?

9-11 on Thursday morning unfortunately.

My plan is to do a bit of reading before I go to sleep then spend all day tomorrow cramming.

I'm feeling a bit better about Asia and Australia. I found a book in Finglas library on Australia which looked like it was for secondary school kids but it summed things up rather nicely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

You know you're repeating already? Sorry to hear that.

Actually if we have to repeat does that mean we have to wait an additional year till we can graduate or are we given the parchment after Christmas when the module is passed does anyone know?

3 days for Asia is more than fine. I'm only spending 1 and a half (from Thursday evening). Though I did do all the readings for one of my questions already and have everything whittled down to just under 2 A4 pages of notes for it.
    Nah I could manage to pass by comp, we shall see. Hoping to f*ck that I scrape it... It would suck to fail for the first time in my last semester of my final year.

• Advertisement

If we pass the exams but miss out on the grades we wanted do we have the option of repeating?

Loving the optimism on this thread by the way!

I don't think so. It's not like we have had the option in the past so if your exam is going terrible just fail on purpose and repeat and get it capped a glorious D+ ;)

Learning poetry is annoying. I've learned off about 40 lines well but there's one stanza that I just cannot remember. Ugh!

Also how many questions were you guys preparing for Australia? I was going to do 3 but with time constraints it looks like it's going to have to be 2. I think it should be ok though seeing as he practically stated what's coming up on it and I remember enough to waffle the Yellow Peril/End of White Australia if it comes to that but I don't think it will.

with 75% of the degree already done, and coasting towards a slightly disappointing 2.2, my main objective at this stage is just to pass everything so I dont have to return from new york at christmas next year!

anybody check out the past paper for the Irish experience from 2007 - looks very difficult!

There wasn't an Irish Experience module before though? I thought there was one that was similar that focused more on the political rather than the social implications?

they had a past paper up but i presume it has nothing to do with this module as none of the material on the paper has been covered in our course! I was quite worried there for a minute :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

anybody check out the past paper for the Irish experience from 2007 - looks very difficult!

Completely ignore that one. Not the same lecturers. The sample paper is the way to go. I went in to the library last night and was surprised at the amount of books still available to loan for the irish exp. Most are usually gone or 'missing' by now.

I think everyone is using Jstor for it... at least I know I am. Might try get to the library on Saturday and see if there's any of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I think everyone is using Jstor for it... at least I know I am. Might try get to the library on Saturday and see if there's any of use.

What topics are you going for? I usually dont even check jstor for irish stuff

• Advertisement

I'm going to do Education and was going to do Welfare but think I'll do Health instead. With transport as a back up because they're more confined than Welfare I think.

You?

Advertisement