Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

im doing transport and emigration- might do religion as a back up.

Anybody willing to post the sample paper up here?

apologies, just saw it under Seminar Packs on blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

<Snip> - Exam Papers are copyright of the University.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

How much (if any) is everone doing for a third topic?

I'm doing Education and Health and can't see myself having much more time for another topic

might have a read over a third topic the night before just in case disaster strikes and emigration or transport doesnt come up - just to be able to waffle something down on the paper instead of losing half the marks!

A lame effort to start up a 2nd history thread at the moment on the ucd board...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Im also going for Health & Education. But if you look at Question #2 there if you get a bad paper a question like that is so broad you could really write anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I remember my tutor saying there's a good possibility that there will be one question that should probably be vague enough to manipulate or one or two will be phrased losely. Don't quote me on that though because I think I might be making it up out of wishful thinking..

Has anybody else found that there's not a huge amount of information given for the famine in all the readings? It seems to be mostly disease. Would it be logical to assume that the question will centre on disease with a famine aspect added?

If I recall correctly, most of the deaths during the Famine were from disease rather than starvation, etc., so I suspect that that will be the more important aspect yeah

True, the famine made the disease spread faster and more effectively, it seems to mostly be mentioned in relation to the outbreak of disease epidemics rather than discussed on it's own

• Advertisement

Brimmy wrote: »
    I remember my tutor saying there's a good possibility that there will be one question that should probably be vague enough to manipulate or one or two will be phrased losely. Don't quote me on that though because I think I might be making it up out of wishful thinking..

8 questions - do 2, its fair enough to say most topics covered during the term will be on the exam.

0904_HistoryGrp_0013a.jpg

Which one are you?

Front row, 5 from the left. (SO EMBARASSED NOBODY ELSE WORE A TIE!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Ugh... 3rd row, centre, white tshirt, really needed a shave but woke up late and hurried in for the "lecture." Also, I'm squinting...or...something.

And Delta, identify yourself! :P

I'm not there because I was sick that morning :(

I forgot about it, boo urns :(

We can take our own photo together. We don't them ;)

We don't them?

Makes no sense Brimjob

Sort yourself out lad

Need. We don't NEED them.

God. Less than 12 hours after my last English exam and my brain is already forgetting grammar..

Anyone know the exact format for the Asia exam tomorrow? I have a feeling its something like 10 questions and answer 2

• Advertisement

9 questions. Answer 2.

Each question will apparently correspond directly to the lectures and seminars. As in we covered 9 areas and there's 9 questions..

I think I've covered White Australia fairly comprehensively... Now I'll look at a couple more topics! I'm thinking The Great Betrayal and.... something else

Urgh... I'm so bad at this. I laid out everything and picked my topics the other day, but I'm still, as usually, looking at my actual study beginning 24 hours before the exam. Mbleh...

I have one topic condensed to on an a4 page completely. I had meant to do another one during the week so I'd only have to look over it now but I changed my mind on which 2nd topic to do.

Going to get started on that now and have it done by 6 and learn the 2 off tonight and in the morning. I already know my first one pretty well, it's just a matter of refreshing it I hope.

Dave! wrote: »
    I think I've covered White Australia fairly comprehensively... Now I'll look at a couple more topics! I'm thinking The Great Betrayal and.... something else

Presumably there will be separate questions for both the rise and the fall of White Australia? If you're already doing one aspect of WA, covering the other seems like a handy way of including a back up document

Yeah mate I figured it would make sense to cover from the rise through to to fall of the policy

BTW anybody doing this topic check out the Paul Kelly extract 'the rise and fall of white australia', it's basically everything that I needed to know for it tbh

Better get reading up on the other stuff now... I'm watching the Fog of War, can't seem to turn it off :( Quality doc

Probably not the wisest attitude but I cant shake the feeling that this exam is going to be very handy. It's feckin Irish Experience I worried about...

I am going to do terrible in the Irish Experience and know that.

Dr/Professor? Ward seemed to be straightforward enough about it saying it wasn't there to trick us out or anything so hopefully it's a good paper :)

Dave! wrote: »

BTW anybody doing this topic check out the Paul Kelly extract 'the rise and fall of white australia', it's basically everything that I needed to know for it tbh

Is that on blackboard? Cant find it

• Advertisement

Is that on blackboard? Cant find it

Kelly, lecture 1 pack!

And yeah, I'm doing the rise & fall of White Australia, with the onset of the pacific war/Australia's misc security concerns as my backup...

I'm so glad I did the readings for this whole course, but wish I'd devoted a couple more days to cramming it into my head.

Advertisement