Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Does anyone know what time the Renaissance essay is due in tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Tom65 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what time the Renaissance essay is due in tomorrow?

I think one of the notices said 12 but last time it was 3 i thought. I doubt it will matter once its in by close of business

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

It's fun to see everyone freak out...

I don't think I'll have the Renaissance in for tomorrow, no point really depends on how the Middle East goes but 10% is not worth the strain of killing yourself over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Flume

So is every history student just sitting down over a computer?:D

Anyone know what the word count is for renaissance?

Flume wrote: »
    So is every history student just sitting down over a computer?:D

Anyone know what the word count is for renaissance?

i was told 1500-2000 but told by my tutor that 1300 may suffice. However i have seen notices from other tutors doing 10% penalties for going under/over the limit so be careful

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

I thought the Renaissance essay was due last Friday?

Nope, definitely tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭spaceman1

Well that's good, since I did it ages ago. I just thought it was last Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

ah last minute history essays, is there anything more hellish than an allnighter for a mega essay :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Amata

can you still hand up essays late after today? im on page two of my age of mohammad essay...its worth 80%!there is no material any any of the topics!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

yeh im in the exact same position.. im gonna take the grade point deduction hit to be honest. im pretty sure u can hand it up next week.

Wow I did it the other way around I killed myself to get the Mohammad in on time, didn't want to take the grade reduction on an 80% essay. The 10% on the other hand...

Also did anyone do the Phillip essay for Renaissance? What sources did you guys use? There's hardly anything in the library and Acls and Jstor don't seem to be turning up much in the way of information.

Brimmy wrote: »
    Wow I did it the other way around I killed myself to get the Mohammad in on time, didn't want to take the grade reduction on an 80% essay. The 10% on the other hand...

Also did anyone do the Phillip essay for Renaissance? What sources did you guys use? There's hardly anything in the library and Acls and Jstor don't seem to be turning up much in the way of information.

You could apply for a day readers card for Trinity College, get them from info desk. I did it a few times for History when i needed a book

You could apply for a day readers card for Trinity College, get them from info desk. I did it a few times for History when i needed a book

Wait we're actually allowed do this? I thought Elva Johnson was taking the piss when she said it last year..

Do you need to bring anything with you then? (besides the student card obviously)

Brimmy wrote: »
    Wait we're actually allowed do this? I thought Elva Johnson was taking the piss when she said it last year..

Do you need to bring anything with you then? (besides the student card obviously)

Access the online catalogue for our library. Note that Trinity can be added. If you see a book, write its details down and go to the info desk. You fill out a form to access these books. The next day you get a letter from the library to grant you access. Then you go to tcd lib desk and they issue you a day pass. you can not take any books out, also i warn you: many of the books are located in Santry and you wont be able to access them that day

• Registered Users Posts: 35 paranoid wreck

I only uploaded my middle east essay there now but I handed in a copy to the office yesterday(Friday November 30th) on the date it was due. Do you think I will be okay or could I get docked marks??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anybody else not done the Middle East one? I've been planning it all day today and I read 2 of those supplementary articles, but they don't seem to have much f*cking relevence to the question :mad: I'll be spending the rest of today doing it and hopefully I'll get some of it actually written.

I'm assuming it has to be handed into the School of History office thing before Friday, yes?

those renaissance slides that are going around only have the slides for the main guys lectures - declan somethign or other...

does anybody have the other slides?

cheers simon

Try the office?

those renaissance slides that are going around only have the slides for the main guys lectures - declan somethign or other...

does anybody have the other slides?

cheers simon

You have to email her

• Advertisement

does anyone know her email addy?

cheers,
    simon

If you get them maybe you could forward them onto me please? :o

yeh defo will dave if i get her email addy!!! lol :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

kiernan.notes@gmail.com ,thats apparently the email to get the notes for the first part of the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Wilde

Does anyone know if today's the last day you can sybmit late essay assignments, or can you hand them in next week? will the history office K107 be open?

Hand them in today 10% penalty. Hand them in after today 20% penalty. After next Friday it counts for nothing.

I was doing the Philip 2 question but there are actually no sources purely for Philip it's a joke and the little I can find in other books isn't enough to constitute a good essay.

Seeing as it's already a week late and deduction of 10% I'm just not handing it in now, going to focus on the exam (have another essay for next week worth 75% that can't be late). Argh.

i have the notes for the first part of the course(renaissance...). if u want them forwarded to u give me a shout and leave ure e-mail addy.

Renaissance exam is only 4 days away!!

• Advertisement

:( I am dead for that. Got 2 books outa the library today to convince myself that I've been studying, but really... I'm gonna have to bluff it, and then deal with the consequences!!! In other news, I'd say I passed the Middle East module, so that's okay...

Advertisement