Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Brimmy wrote: »
    It really doesn't. Thankfully I have his dvd and the willpower to resits ;P

Freudian slip? I hope youre not predicting your future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

If it helps I procrastinated like crazy today. Meant to get up at 9, got up at 12. Started reading at 2....read the combined total of 3 pages till 4. Read a good bit then. Started notes around 7, just finished at 11.

Rereading over my Singapore ones I did last week and surprisingly remembering the stuff once I just gloss over it.. Awesome :)

you've just summarised my day -except i watched the leinster match from 7.30 til after 9 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Hah I saw that and just couldn't have been orsed to change it.

Though I thought I had put resists not resits....I better not be telling the future :(

you've just summarised my day -except i watched the leinster match from 7.30 til after 9 :D

I watched the last 20 minutes. Then put money on after the last try for Leinster to win with a -37 point handicap and was screaming near the end for Sexton just to kick it from long range.

Tosser didn't. I'll never understand why people like him. Whenever I watch him he's just remarkably average/non existent.

I watched the last 20 minutes. Then put money on after the last try for Leinster to win with a -37 point handicap and was screaming near the end for Sexton just to kick it from long range.

Tosser didn't. I'll never understand why people like him. Whenever I watch him he's just remarkably average/non existent.

should have watched the rest of the match then, he gave a lesson in how to play 10. He bleeds blue as well, i think he is a class act. Next Irish ten... and sooner than everybody thinks!

Just keep daydreaming about the trip to Edinburgh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

I didnt see the match tonight but Sexton seemed to do very well last week after Contemponi went off. Tis a pity about his knee, it's not a nice way to end his time with Leinster!

Is anyone doing regional security? I cant seem to get it into my head. I'll probably be up til about 2 with it. White australia was surprisingly easy though.

Yeah I know apparently he had a great game the commentary kept saying it but the 2 kicks I saw him kick didn't make it though they were from a tight angle to be fair.

I've just never been impressed with him from a game that showed he deserves to wear the number 10. Contemponi is miles better in my book (when he's on form)... I'll miss him.

I'm doing Regional Security but I'm doing it as my back up. Kind of know the major events already concerning it and just going to re-read my lecture notes really.

yeh dr.phil is a true hero alright.

My rise of WA essay plan:

Gold rush, immigration, aussies dont like the chinese stealin' their women, regional laws, 1901 act, 1902 act (pacific islander labourers act).

Whats all this talk of until 1905. what happens from 1902-1905??

Yeah I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how he gets on. I hope he turns out ok cos we dont really have anyone else, do we?!

I hate last minute cramming but I always end up doing it. Sigh! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Finished my masters application, who will be joining me:)

• Advertisement

yeh dr.phil is a true hero alright.

My rise of WA essay plan:

Gold rush, immigration, aussies dont like the chinese stealin' their women, regional laws, 1901 act, 1902 act (pacific islander labourers act).

Whats all this talk of until 1905. what happens from 1902-1905??

The bolded part made me laugh. What regional laws are you talking about?

Be aware that the Pacific Islanders Act was passed in 1901 and it was passed before the Immigration Restritction Bill.

As for 1902-1905 the notes don't say much but I'd imagine it was something to do with that little war between Russia and Japan that effectively announced Japan as a major world power and caused Australia to yellow peril their pants.

I'd love to stay and chat, but tomorrow for me goes like this. History 12-2, then another exam 6-8:mad:. I live too far away to go home for lunch so an 8 hour day for me. Toodles friends and good luck in the exams

emy-87 wrote: »
    Yeah I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how he gets on. I hope he turns out ok cos we dont really have anyone else, do we?! Simonrooneyzaga, are you going to Edinburgh?

I hate last minute cramming but I always end up doing it. Sigh! :(

I am indeed - got my ferry and accomadation sorted - season ticket holder so im in the lotto for tickets - 8 times actually as i have first preference on 2 family season ticket entrys. It would be highly unlucky for me not to get any!

Yeah I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how he gets on. I hope he turns out ok cos we dont really have anyone else, do we?!

Yeah I know which is a bit sh!tty. Although I'd imagine we could have our pick of near enough anyone we want now after managing to make the HC final but I'd imagine we'll have him as number one choice for next year.
    Finished my masters application, who will be joining me:)

Didn't they have to be in by the end of last month? Which did you go for?

Yeah I know which is a bit sh!tty. Although I'd imagine we could have our pick of near enough anyone we want now after managing to make the HC final but I'd imagine we'll have him as number one choice for next year.

Didn't they have to be in by the end of last month? Which did you go for?

MA in Classics, its open all summer. Low demand course.

The bolded part made me laugh. What regional laws are you talking about?

Be aware that the Pacific Islanders Act was passed in 1901 and it was passed before the Immigration Restritction Bill.

As for 1902-1905 the notes don't say much but I'd imagine it was something to do with that little war between Russia and Japan that effectively announced Japan as a major world power and caused Australia to yellow peril their pants.

:pac:

By regional laws i mean the different australian states putting restrictions on immigration, especially from 1891-1901, ten years that 'shaped the immigration restriction act'.

*runs to wikipedia to research the yellow peril portion he completely forgot about*

Sexton will be backed as the number one ten next year - they may bring in an ageing guru like glen Jackson to provide competition.

Necewa just didnt work out at 10

MA in Classics, its open all summer. Low demand course.

Thought you were going to bed ;)
    :pac:

By regional laws i mean the different australian states putting restrictions on immigration, especially from 1891-1901, ten years that 'shaped the immigration restriction act'.

*runs to wikipedia to research the yellow peril portion he completely forgot about*

Ah I have about one/two lines on that max in my essay plan. Couldn't find much details in the readings.. did you?

Ah I have about one/two lines on that max in my essay plan. Couldn't find much details in the readings.. did you?

Nah, will be mentioning it in passing though. No more than 3 or 4 lines - 2 of info and 2 of the mandatory waffle.

I'd love to stay and chat, but tomorrow for me goes like this. History 12-2, then another exam 6-8:mad:. I live too far away to go home for lunch so an 8 hour day for me. Toodles friends and good luck in the exams

Good luck with them!
    I am indeed - got my ferry and accomadation sorted - season ticket holder so im in the lotto for tickets - 8 times actually as i have first preference on 2 family season ticket entrys. It would be highly unlucky for me not to get any!

Thats great, have a good time. My dad is a season ticket holder too, he was all ready to book everything and then remembered my lil bro's communion is on the same day. He will just have to make do with Sky Sports!

Ok, back to studying. :(

• Advertisement

Thought you were going to bed ;)

I am, good night :)

Good luck with them!

Thats great, have a good time. My dad is a season ticket holder too, he was all ready to book everything and then remembered my lil bro's communion is on the same day. He will just have to make do with Sky Sports!

Ok, back to studying. :(

cheers :D cant wait!

Ok im hitting the hay, need sleep to function. Good luck to one and all with the late night cramming and the exam!

Great Betrayal is down ph-fat style. Know the entire arguement inside out with dates and historians quotes bar one will I'll learn on the bus in hopefully as long as I don't forget it when I'm sleeping.

Now to move on to the Yellow Peril... speant all day doing this so hopefully some of it should still be fresh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Wonder how this fella wouldve gotten on in 1901? :) Saw this on Tv, an angry aboriginal jew. Doesnt look very aboriginal:)

The youtubies don't play on my laptop when they're embedded :(

2 and a half hours. Time for brekkie and a quick shower then off to the RDS for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

of course, now this post is unnecessary... oh... I lost my thanks. I suppose it makes a lot of sense that they don't remain attached to editted posts. Delta_Bravo is such a dick :D.

nothing do declare is such a good show.

Oh I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz...

Good luck guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Good luck everyone!

• Advertisement

Brits - betraying bastards... :P

Advertisement