Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzus, just looking at the Irish Experience mock paper... Pretty intimidating :( I'm suddenly glad I have a decent % going into the exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Dave any chance you can pm me the sample paper? Can't seem to find it under blackboard/sis and I've lost my hard copy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

Brimmy wrote: »
    Dave any chance you can pm me the sample paper? Can't seem to find it under blackboard/sis and I've lost my hard copy :(

Its on Blackboard in the Seminar Pack folder, its the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

It's in the seminar packs, the last week :)

I PM'd it to him lads, wouldn't want oul Brimmy havin to make any effort whatsoever :D

;)

So what are we studying boyzzzz? I haven't done a lick for this, so gonna spend the day (minus about 110 minutes for the Manchester derby...) preparing for it

Last exam :) YAY!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

Dave! wrote: »
    So what are we studying boyzzzz? I haven't done a lick for this, so gonna spend the day (minus about 110 minutes for the Manchester derby...) preparing for it

Last exam :) YAY!

I was thinking of doing Education and Marriage, with transport as a back-up.

Damn you Dave I still have two after tomorrow! Not finished till Friday. :(

Not sure what I will pick yet, the more I look at it the more depressed I get :( Ah well, how close do you think the mock exam will be to the real thing ? It would be nice of them if they just reworded the same questions for us :P

I PM'd it to him lads, wouldn't want oul Brimmy havin to make any effort whatsoever :D

You're too good to me *swoon*

You so know you'll end up watching the Arsenal/Chelsea match too!

I'm doing education at the moment. Swapping notes with Passive for his Emmigration tonight. Anyone else doing another subject want to swap so we'll have a back up? We're condensing it down to 1 or 2 a4 pages (Education might have to be 3 though. So bloody much in it).
    Wacko wrote: »
    Not sure what I will pick yet, the more I look at it the more depressed I get :( Ah well, how close do you think the mock exam will be to the real thing ? It would be nice of them if they just reworded the same questions for us :P

I know someone who does Religion in Cork where their mock was the exam paper. The exact same. No difference whatsoever.

I'm doing education at the moment. Swapping notes with Passive for his Emmigration tonight. Anyone else doing another subject want to swap so we'll have a back up? We're condensing it down to 1 or 2 a4 pages (Education might have to be 3 though. So bloody much in it).

I know someone who does Religion in Cork where their mock was the exam paper. The exact same. No difference whatsoever.

Ha if they did that tomorrow they would probably catch a lot of people out ! wouldn't mind going in on that for the notes, what do you guys think would be best to cover as a third choice ?

Well I'm doing Education and Passive is doing transport. Think my third choice will be either Transport or Health..

Probably transport though as it's more general really and probably be more open ended like "do you think Ireland modernized" rather than "give an account of health changes" etc.

• Advertisement

Well I'm doing Education and Passive is doing transport. Think my third choice will be either Transport or Health..

Probably transport though as it's more general really and probably be more open ended like "do you think Ireland modernized" rather than "give an account of health changes" etc.

Do you mean Passive is doing emigration ??? I will put together one on transport so and will PM it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Amata

is everyone just reading the seminar docs for the exam??and a bit of clear?i just realised there was a whole reading list...!shows how much i know!

Wacko - Cool. I should have mine done for sometime after 6ish, hopefully not too late and Passive is aiming to get his done for then as well.

Amata - I'm using the seminar pack, lectures and seminar notes and skimming some of the articles that were in the reading list that I could find on Jstor.

<
    has not studied even a little bit today

<
    BONED

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

<
    has not studied even a little bit today

<
    BONED

Make us up some notes for the Marriage section and get in on this :P

*is running very late*

this would have been easier with the Australia course... This is more ideas than events. But I'm trying to go for;
    -dates of major events, laws, different phases
    -statistics
    -relevant historians (i.e; who i'm getting this all from and what they're saying)
    -quotable quotes

eh...any suggestions for other angles to come at this from?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

At least you're not alone Dave, I have studied today but all it's done is confused me and screwed up what I already knew. I'm completely buggered for this I reckon

passive wrote: »
    *is running very late*

You b@st@rd I already have mine done!
    Not really I'm quite late myself. Will have mine done for about 8. Almost finished this article and just have to compile it all together and type it if that's ok with you? Sorry about this delay

I have a feeling everyone is going to do badly in this. It's a horrible course with far too much reading for such broadly sweeping topics it's ridiculous. 100 years of emmigration being learnt in 1 lecture and seminar? That's not hardly enough time for something that's mainly sweeping generalizations.

So hopefully they lower the grading curve :)

You b@st@rd I already have mine done!
    Not really I'm quite late myself. Will have mine done for about 8. Almost finished this article and just have to compile it all together and type it if that's ok with you? Sorry about this delay

I have a feeling everyone is going to do badly in this. It's a horrible course with far too much reading for such broadly sweeping topics it's ridiculous. 100 years of emmigration being learnt in 1 lecture and seminar? That's not hardly enough time for something that's mainly sweeping generalizations.

So hopefully they lower the grading curve :)

s'okay, working towards 8 myself!

(and dammit... i'm not posting enough to keep up with the thread. looks like my 2000/2000 plan is ruined!)

(edit: ha... 1909-1909... Alright, that'll have to do!)

Okay, all football has ended, I've had a shower.......

I am ready to start studying.

BTW if anyone wants to send me one of those summary things, bearing mind that I have nothing to trade except for gratitude and sexual favours :pac:, then plz send to davidmcginn [AT!] gmail [DOT!] com :)

BTW if anyone wants to send me one of those summary things, bearing mind that I have nothing to trade except for gratitude and sexual favours :pac:, then plz send to davidmcginn [AT!] gmail [DOT!] com :)

Sent... awful, but sent. Oh God I don't know how I'm going to pass this. I have a B, and 90% attendance... so... what, I'm going in with 30%? oh...actually, that's kinda reassuring... Still though... I was banking on my option being the "barely scraping a pass"

• Advertisement

Oh ffs! Random memory crash as I was typing this.

Recovered the document and it came back blank.

Shall hope to have it for around half 9ish now.. Sorry.

Oh ffs! Random memory crash as I was typing this.

Recovered the document and it came back blank.

Shall hope to have it for around half 9ish now.. Sorry.

Ouch... no bother. Still need to read..em..everything else in the world anyway :'(. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

Same for me!!! I had a cricket match all day which i stupidly said id play (first one of the year) so am in quite poor shape now! I wont be able to give any gratitude but defo sexual favours :pac::D

simonrooneyzaga AT hotmail DOT com

Also feel free to tell me to **** off.

Cheers Alan :D

Ahh shoot... Against all odds I started studying and taking notes, and thought "hey I could scan this in for the others" -- but I did emigration also, so you already have the info :D I'm just summarising the slides basically

If I do another topic also then I'll post it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

What would your ideal questions be? Looking at the exam mock there it seems very centred upon the 19th century even though the course is meant to go up to 1970.

Im hoping for the education question to be quite similar to the one on the mock paper and a question on disease that allows me to rant on about Dublin slums :)

just to 100% clarify - its ok to do a question in the exam that covers the topic of your essay... right? ... RIGHT!?!?!?!!

Lads my notes on emigration and my essay, for what they're worth (not alot).

You guys can read hieroglyphics, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

just to 100% clarify - its ok to do a question in the exam that covers the topic of your essay... right? ... RIGHT!?!?!?!!

Yes you can. Anyway the corrector shouldnt know who you are when correcting the paper so they couldnt know what essay youve done

Passive this is done but I don't have your email. PM it to me or post it?

Dave do you want this?

• Advertisement

Passive this is done but I don't have your email. PM it to me or post it?

Dave do you want this?

*eager little child voice*

oh oh ill have it sir!!!

Advertisement