Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Brimmy wrote: »
    Probably are. I'd go with a fact in a book over a lecturer note any day if there was a conflict because at least it's in print if it's wrong.

Anyone got any more notes on Emigration? I'm oddly actually liking the feel of this but I don't think I have enough from Dave and Passives notes to pull out a high quality answer with lots of depth beyond surface figures (no offense) and really don't want to read another article..

none taken... I didn't call it emigrawful for nothing. Couldn't get that together at all... learning it now regardless -_-'

and em...yes... superfluousness is a thing... and not related to illness...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

But doesn't it mean going beyond what's needed? Doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of what he was saying. I'll use the first part though.

Any chance you know the date of that times article too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

ill send you on mine now brimmy - full of in-depth waffle as opposed to surface figures :-)

But doesn't it mean going beyond what's needed? Doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of what he was saying. I'll use the first part though.

Any chance you know the date of that times article too?

yeah... being superfluous... as in surplus to needs. Young people in Ireland had nothing to do/no place. They were superfluous! :P
    and... em.... balls... will try find that.

got it. Lecture slides, 1846.

ill send you on mine now brimmy - full of in-depth waffle as opposed to surface figures :-)

Sweeeet..
    passive wrote: »
    yeah... being superfluous... as in surplus to needs. Young people in Ireland had nothing to do/no place. They were superfluous! :P
    and... em.... balls... will try find that.

Lol fine I'll let you away with it. Only because you're so gosh darned attractive though!

• Advertisement

im going to go have a beer, watch an episode of mad men and hit the hay to read some notes. Good luck with the study.

In closing i will point out that this thread clearly gives us an advantage over the greater student population and should be banned...

just after were finished :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Zippitydoo

Ha it really does. Good luck man enjoy your beer... madmen's a great show too.

Reading about education really reminds me what a money making business religion is! Such competition.

I've never watched Mad Men :(

It's on my summer to do list though along with Babylon 5 and finally finishing the Xfiles that I started near the summer of 2 years past and got distracted :(

And don't get drunk and sleep it out ;)

Right...computer has to ****ing die now. Goodnight lads, good luck. Gonna cram for 2 more hours, then sleep 4-9, cram 9-11, cycle in and cram some more. I don't know what any of you look like, but I'm beardy, wearing a boards.ie cycling jacket and would be up for a chat/cashing in those sexual favours/paying off the notes if any of you wave at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Right...computer has to ****ing die now. Goodnight lads, good luck. Gonna cram for 2 more hours, then sleep 4-9, cram 9-11, cycle in and cram some more. I don't know what any of you look like, but I'm beardy, wearing a boards.ie cycling jacket and would be up for a chat/cashing in those sexual favours/paying off the notes if any of you wave at me.

Are you a chick?:D:D:p:p

• Advertisement

Are you a chick?:D:D:p:p

you know what "beardy" means, right?

At this stage does it really matter?

(And no. No he's not....or maybe that picture was misleading....)

It means you're into the durty stuff.

Like a yellow handkerchief in the back pocket.

Its 2 am, I can barely see straight. Sure I can put a blonde wig and a dress on you:D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

Jesus lads I should have looked at this thread earlier today instead of slogging my way through education and marriage! I hope to Christ they come up, overwise Im screwed, and Ill have to piece something together that will no doubt be atrocious.

Btw, I love this quote from one of the articles on marriage: 'there's not the difference of a cow between any two women in the world'. :D:rolleyes: Wouldnt really sound out of place in BGRH :pac:

If I see you Passive Ill wave like a mad yoke, though I didnt give anyone notes so I dont think I owe sexual favours;) :confused:

Gonna head to bed and get up early enough to get some last minute cramming in. Night lads good luck!

ps. so close to the 100 post mark...only took me a year!

Everyone's going to bed. This is when the real men are made :cool:

So I have all of education and all of emmigration (or what I've pieced together from everyones notes and essays) onto 2 a4 pages. Time to get memorizing. Oh ye.

Ok the lack of sleep has gotten to me I think. I just read The Commission on Emigration and Other Population Problems as 'The Commission on Emigration and Other Peoples Problems'.... which is kind of fitting but still.

*hides under desk and sobs*

*hides under desk and sobs*

Did you get a good essay result, that is 30% of the battle. If you did you can write a good introductory paragraph to one essay and basically pass.

Did you get a good essay result, that is 30% of the battle. If you did you can write a good introductory paragraph to one essay and basically pass.

B, and pretty much full attendance... so i'm going in with 30ish, but I'm more concerned about my GPA than scraping a pass. Totally ****ed for my option on Wednesday, and dunno if i'm doing well enough to hold a 2.1 amidst 2 ****ups... anyway...killing the computer and doing 2 1/2 hours more regurgitation of notes and head-desking is a vital stage in having any hope of this going okay...

talk to ye at 2...

I'm feeling strangely calm for this which is odd seeing as I am completely screwed for it.

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation but it's a weird feeling and I'm loving it..

• Advertisement

I'm feeling strangely calm for this which is odd seeing as I am completely screwed for it.

Maybe it's the sleep deprivation but it's a weird feeling and I'm loving it..

pass me some of that diazepam please!

I'm too tired to pass it over.

Have to leave in just under a half hour. I'm sure once I'm outside and heading towards the RDS the panic will set in...

If anyone hears sobbing from the bottom of waiting foyer or during the exam it'll be from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 traceystacey

good luck everyone! if education and transport dont come up, i'll cry!!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭emy-87

I'm getting the strange sense of calm too Brimmy. personally I think its the sleep deprivation and the apathy towards this exam.

**** it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

So how did we get on, gents? :)

Mine went swimmingly, I must say.

The emigration one was a struggle, but I feel I did as much as I could, and got a good essay down. Took it out of me though !

Then I was just so happy to have (probably) passed that I didn't care about the second essay :p I did it on transport/communication, and pretty much just rambled on for the whole thing. Still, it had some facts in it!

Finished :) Happy days

It went pretty well... Thank you so much for Education Brimmy. And my emigration preparations worked out well enough. Slight embarrassment halfway through when I went to the bathroom, wrote down my seat number as 1311 instead of 1131, and went looking for the wrong number when I got back... em...some people pointed me the right way to where I was, 3 rows away, though I don't entirely get how. Boarsies? :p

those education notes really helped brimmy - thanks a million.

Emigration went well as well. Very happy overall. Questions nice nd simply laid out - not like that stupid aussie paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Did Education and Disease. Dont think there were any surprises on the paper, went fairly well. Anyone doing Italian City States on wednesday?

Did Education and Disease. Dont think there were any surprises on the paper, went fairly well. Anyone doing Italian City States on wednesday?

all the remaining history ones are the small classed electives. Im doing Wentworth to Cromwell - dreading it! And dont think anyone else on this thread is doing it! :eek:

• Advertisement

all the remaining history ones are the small classed electives. Im doing Wentworth to Cromwell - dreading it! And dont think anyone else on this thread is doing it! :eek:

Probably not... I think I'm the only one for Scripts, Scribes and Scholars too, for which I am totally screwed. But I think my GPA will be okay as long as I scrape a pass. *runs to library and expects to find all books gone*

sigh... I wish there was stuff for this on blackboard.

anyone know if the options are the same 60/30/10 split for % as the core? I got an A- in the essay, and full tutorial attendance, so I've maybe passed, or not far from it, already...

Advertisement