Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd History (Formerly 2nd History...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rubyroo

Anyone doing Religion and Society and Wednesday? My will to study for it is rapidly disappearing! What topics are people focusing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

passive wrote: »
    Probably not... I think I'm the only one for Scripts, Scribes and Scholars too, for which I am totally screwed. But I think my GPA will be okay as long as I scrape a pass. *runs to library and expects to find all books gone*

sigh... I wish there was stuff for this on blackboard.

anyone know if the options are the same 60/30/10 split for % as the core? I got an A- in the essay, and full tutorial attendance, so I've maybe passed, or not far from it, already...

I was going to do that but having done seminars with the lecturer in another module, i knew it would be a bad idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

The exam was basically the same as the mock, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Did Education and Disease. Dont think there were any surprises on the paper, went fairly well. Anyone doing Italian City States on wednesday?

I am. Forza Florence:)

I am. Forza Florence:)

Shouldnt be too bad, have about 35% going in to it. Interesting exam format though having a primary source analysis as the first part and the essay as another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

That was awesome. I'm done with history forever...what a strange feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭FishTaco

Probably not... I think I'm the only one for Scripts, Scribes and Scholars too, for which I am totally screwed. But I think my GPA will be okay as long as I scrape a pass. *runs to library and expects to find all books gone*

anyone know if the options are the same 60/30/10 split for % as the core? I got an A- in the essay, and full tutorial attendance, so I've maybe passed, or not far from it, already...

Ha, no way, Im doing S,S&S too! What are you studying for it? I didn't make it to that many of the classes and I have absolutely no idea what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

i feel lonely by doing wentworth to cromwell. guess im in this one on my own!

Shouldnt be too bad, have about 35% going in to it. Interesting exam format though having a primary source analysis as the first part and the essay as another

Did you get an A in your essay too? I thought I was the Italian City States special one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm pretty happy overall I must say. I did the transport and famine ones. Was surprised with the amount I wrote considering I only got a few hours of sleep. Last history exam over with. No time to be nostalgic as I've still three exams left.

By the way, probably been asked already but which one of you was wearing the Boards.ie top? I was like two seats behind whoever you are.

Got a decent break until the weekend now when I've two on the Friday and one on the Saturday. Nearly finito now. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I am finished FOREVER (until I get my masters hopefully).

Went surprisingly a lot better than I thought it would did Education which was hammered into me after typing up those notes and Emigration which wasn't too bad, definitely not my best essay but far from my worse!

Thanks for the notes guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Got out the waffle maker for the economy question, it might have been a bit to focused on the agricultural side of the economy but whatever. I think i scored quite well on education though

• Registered Users Posts: 30 traceystacey

anybody else doing the irish revolution elective?

FishTaco wrote: »
    Ha, no way, Im doing S,S&S too! What are you studying for it? I didn't make it to that many of the classes and I have absolutely no idea what to do

*bump*

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Wacko

anybody else doing the irish revolution elective?

I am !!! Missed my last few seminars so I haven't a clue what the layout of the exam is even going to be like though, what you studying for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

*bump*

Did you go to the class where he gave out the little booklet dealy? I'm going to learn that cover to cover and hope for the best. Also got a couple of books from the reading list dealy, and am going to go through the sample paper he sent us on ucdconnect... mostly I'm going to cry though. My lecture notes are woeful/random&disjointed...

Wacko wrote: »
    I am !!! Missed my last few seminars so I haven't a clue what the layout of the exam is even going to be like though, what you studying for it ?

what period does that cover out of interest? (irish revolution)

Did you go to the class where he gave out the little booklet dealy? I'm going to learn that cover to cover and hope for the best. Also got a couple of books from the reading list dealy, and am going to go through the sample paper he sent us on ucdconnect... mostly I'm going to cry though. My lecture notes are woeful/random&disjointed...

Is that the little yellow one? I got that, haven't looked at it at all yet, may as well give it a glance. I might just learn that big list of words and random stuff like how scriptoriums worked and how books were made etc, all form the lecture notes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

*Passive dives past Fishtaco, runs to the post reply button and dives dramatically into the center of the thread*

2000!!!

You guys have no idea what this took to achieve... *sighs... and rests*

(is currently sulking until Aonghus puts right his evil mischief... And can't discuss this in a normal way without ruining his postcount, that cost him 2 hours of mindless posting... Christ...I had 1932 posts when this thread had 1995...)

2000!

Awh...balls

Edit: Success!!!

2nd edit, this was once for a brief moment the 2000th post. Please remember it this way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

*Passive dives past Fishtaco, runs to the post reply button and dives dramatically into the center of the thread*

2000!!!

You guys have no idea what this took to achieve... *sighs... and rests*
    Ooooh, off by one. So sad, Alan

Edit: Oh, look, it's there now. How about that.

Haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ianthefox

Wow, and you have 2,000 posts. Impressive.

passive never post again - just keep editing the 2000th post whenever you need to talk to us! impressive coordination!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not far off a postage milestone myself. Big pressure on the 5 figures. If you balls that one up there's no going back...

Passive, congrats on the post count! How you getting on with the study? I thought the annals booklet would have a bit of info about the Annals but it all seems to be waffle about divergence between different ones and how you go about dating them

Passive, congrats on the post count! How you getting on with the study? I thought the annals booklet would have a bit of info about the Annals but it all seems to be waffle about divergence between different ones and how you go about dating them

dont you dare respond passive....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

How many people do history in UCD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Lizziepoos

Slight embarrassment halfway through when I went to the bathroom, wrote down my seat number as 1311 instead of 1131, and went looking for the wrong number when I got back... em...some people pointed me the right way to where I was, 3 rows away, though I don't entirely get how. Boarsies? :p

THAT WAS ME!!!!
    Best part of the exam, watching you wander around the desk jungle. We boardsies got each other backs...

Alright exam. Good enough questions. Just no way in hell to get down all the info. Resorted to bullet points.

Finished forever now.
    On a related note... very hungover.
    Good luck to yis elective folks. Tell us when your all done and we could see if there's any way to get a history drinks night before we disband.

• Advertisement

Denerick wrote: »
    How many people do history in UCD?

Including all classes and postgrads I'd guess it would be over 1,000 and maybe close to 1,500.

Advertisement