Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung D900 or U600???

• 07-10-2007 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

its time for a new phone and i cant decide between the above two.
    im switching to Meteor Billpay: D900 for €79 or the D600 for €49 on Talk 300.
    can anyone give any advice on the pros & cons of both.

just want a good camera, external storage & easy to use.

im leaning towards the D900 it has almost no bad reviews, the 600 seems to be split 50/50 with the good reviews not being very descriptive.

i know i may have answered my own question here bu just want some advice from those with first hand experience.

all input appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 yummymummy

I work in a mobile phone shop and we've had nothing but trouble with the u600,most have been returned due to freezing.Havent gotten the d900 in yet so cant comment on it yet...hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭silver haze

sound for that, have been looking online and a lot of people & i mean a lot have complained that the screen will crack with any little twist or touch as there isnt enough space between the screen & slider and the fact its so thin.
    of course its excluded from warranty.
    shame, look to be a tidy little phone.
    thanks for the reply, had ruled out the U600 anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The D900 is 29 on Talk 300, and it's about a year old. Hardly a new phone. I'd suggest waiting until closer to Christmas.

its on the site as €79 on talk 300, id wait only i want to avail of the free weekend calls for life and the deadline is the end of this month.

That's wrong. I assure you that it's 29e. Why would they charge more for a newer phone? The site I'm looking at says 29e. When you click on 'More', it says 79, which is the older price. The phone is 29e.

For the record, I've only seen one U600 with a broken screen, and that was covered by warranty.

If I had to choose, I'd go for the newer U600.

• Advertisement

yeah i see what you mean now, appologies.
    after reading a bit more id definitely be leaning to the U600 now, just a little concerned about what yummymummy said about the phones freezing up.
    have you had any experience with regards this problem?

Never had any issues with the U600 freezing.

how long have you had her?
    any bad review iv read lists the phone freezing up as the no. 1 complaint?
    ill have a look at one tomorrow but id say ill end up getting it anyways.

I don't have one, I sell them. Which is better :)

Had no one complain of freezing. Ever.

you must be on commission for this one so.;)
    yeah ill give one a spin sure and se what its like, sound of the advice anyways

• Advertisement

When it comes down to it, the U600 is the newer version of the D900. In my experience of selling both phones, neither had more or less problems than the other. They're both decent phone with good reliability. The phones I'd consider to be the bottom standard would be the Sony W300i and Motorola V3, with the Sony W810i and Nokia 6300 being near the top. Now, these phones aren't perfect but are more reliable than most, but they still do have their issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

In the market for a new phone myself... but don't want to buy if they're going to bring out a new batch before xmas.

Have a Sony K750i at the minute and would like to stick with Sony.

Anyone know if there'll be any new Sony's available for Meteor Bill Pay inside the next 2 months?

Thanks!

The W580i was released this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I’ve had a U600 for about 2 months and it has been fine so far (touch wood). It is a very nice little phone and I find it good to use.

The SE W580i is out and that looks like a nice phone. I like Sony Ericsson a lot more than Nokia. They aren’t as sexy as a Samsung, but they are very good an reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭gn3dr

What's the real life battery life like on the U600.
    Where's the cheapest place to buy it sim free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

chrislad wrote:
    The W580i was released this week.

Not really a big departure from the K750i though is it? Feature wise it's pretty much the same, nicer looking though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

gn3dr wrote:
    What's the real life battery life like on the U600.
    Where's the cheapest place to buy it sim free?

not sure where to buy it SIM free, I guess ebay is your best bet.

I changed from a SE W810i and the battery and I would say it is probably not as good.

Advertisement