Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is my car jealous?

Options
  • 07-10-2007 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Yop,

I own a E36 316i for a couple of years now and 3 weeks ago I decided to buy a used E46 325i from 2004.
    So I bought it, brought it back home and since my E36 is whining...

Every time I take my E46, my E36 alarm buzzer goes mad.
    Like 2 weeks ago we were packing up some stuff to go on week end, once we were done, ready to go, my E36, alarm buzzer started to make strange noises.
    The alarm itself was not on, otherwise I would have had the indicators blinking, but that was not the case, only the buzzer making odd noises.
    My E36 car alarm is an OEM.

Have you guys experimented strange E36 OEM alarm behaviors in the past, or is my car jealous for good lol ?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i know its the f act that the e36 wish's it was a e30 , hence wh it takes it out on the other beemer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Similar things have happened to me in the past- They know, man. They just know....

On a serious note- I know a lot of E36s with OEM alarms that have bitten the bullet- including the one in my last car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

cantdecide wrote:
    Similar things have happened to me in the past- They know, man. They just know....
    Bizarre though it may sound, this is actually true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

yep probably jealous like when a kid gets a new brother or sister so its playing up - its alive like number 5 the robot.

Why do you have 2 cars ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

cazzy wrote:
    Why do you have 2 cars ?

For a few reasons :-)

1. I needed a new proper ride
    2. My wife's learning to drive, she is gonna use the old one :-) I prefer her to drive this rather than a Punto as her first car...
    3. My E36 is left hand drive, from 93, 262.000km, has a market value of...does it really have any lol ?
    4. Still works beautifully, got lots of repairs and OEM part exchanges on it.
    5. I decided to keep all my cars, forever and restore them if necessary. Might sound silly I know, but I know where I am coming from :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

mick.fr wrote:
    5. I decided to keep all my cars, forever and restore them if necessary.

+1 , not a bad idea .... cheaper then buying new. I know that much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

S.I.R wrote:
    +1 , not a bad idea .... cheaper then buying new. I know that much ;)

Well not really for this reason, this is just that I had to get rid of a car in the past, against my will, had no choice, so I sold it, and I am still crying...
    So I told myself, never again :-)
    Plus I want to collect bimmers as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i'm changing my car and after coming out having agreed a price for my car and putting a deposit on a new car i keep getting urges to just forget it and keep my car cos i dont want to let it go cos i've had it from new, it messes with my head! goin from a 03 car to a 99 doesnt help!

Advertisement