Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D-Link Dl-524 keeps disconnecting wireless

• 07-10-2007 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I have a D-link Dl-524 access point with my bt modem in bridge mode.

Wireless signal strength is always high but the router keeps dropping the wireless every couple of minutes, very anoying when trying to dl a 15mb file.
    It does this with all laptops connecting to wireless. The whole conex drops, internet and lan.

I have no idea what could be causing this or how to fix it? Anyone experience with this?

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭DeLaTroY

Yeh, I get the same problem for around the past 3 weeks. I know another bloke with a similar story.
    I got a Belkin router with Eircom BB. Its strange though, cos mine only drops for about 5secs, then reconnects to the router and I'm back online. I also get frequent stalling.
    I was reading around and there's talk of turning off the WZC service in admin settings in control panel, this didn't do anything for me though. I restored factory settings, updated the firmware of the router also, these did nothing. Try changing your wireless channel.

I havent tried, but I'v heard that if I plug an ethernet cable in, the problem would go away.
    There's also some talk over on routertech about running Netstumbler. In the end, his problem was fixed by changing his PSU. I found the old zytel PSU, seems to be working fine for now at least, will let you know if it fixes the problem.
    Check out the thread here: http://www.routertech.org/viewtopic.php?t=351&highlight=disconnect

Update: The PSU hasn't fixed the problem, but I'v realised that it must be something locally on my laptop given that my dad's is fine. I will format tonight and see if that fixes it!

Well well. I haven't formatted yet, but I believe I have come to some sort of conclusion at least with my router which utilizes 802.11g. I switched to 802.11b and it seems more stable at least! Disconnecting a lot less than before. After looking at Netstumbler for a while it seems that disconnects occurr after prolonged periods of high noise/SNR. I might try moving the router closer and away from other wires.
    What a cnt!

Well. I formatted and bought a new DLink, the DKT-110. Runs perfect now. It was just a sht belkin router which was the problem, I tried everything to fix it, but nothing could be done in the end.

Advertisement