Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I won a bid for a cheap N95 on ebay? SCAM? Does everything look ok?

• 07-10-2007 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130160849927&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=003

I won a bid for a Nokia N95 on ebay, only cost €346 + 15 for postage. Could some of you please check to make sure that everything looks ok as what is really strange is that no one else bid on it. This is hardly by pure chance. Im just wondering am I missing something stupid here. I have seen people selling copies of the nokia N95 on ebay and am worried this could be the case.

Could you please just give your opinions on it as I am not familiar with ebay and dont want to click the Pay button just to I hear some postive comments.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

dunno looks okay to me, ive just won one for near the same, they have been out 7-8 months now so due some price drop, you got a bargain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

Yeah, it just seems to good to be true, and the fact that no one else bid for it worried me.
    Cyrus, I remember reading before that you had problems with using non 3 phones on 3, did you ever sort this out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

if you are unsure just ask the guy to send you a pic of the thing with a piece of paper beside it that says his name on it

i done that when i bought a somewhat dodgy looking phone a few days ago http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170152721154&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,854 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

digiman i presume you saw this bit in the auction :

"PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE A RATING OF OVER 3 OR YOUR BID WILL BE REMOVED....SORRY TO GENUINE EBAYERS !!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,379 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Looks fine to me... your ebay rating is only 1, when the seller says it should be better than 3...

you should be covered by paying with paypal if anything went wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

digiman i presume you saw this bit in the auction :

"PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST HAVE A RATING OF OVER 3 OR YOUR BID WILL BE REMOVED....SORRY TO GENUINE EBAYERS !!!"

I did yeah, but I bid anyway!!
    He has already sent me a message about posting it to me with insured posting or not. Would this just be at his discression?
    I just sent him one back saying to take a pic of it with my name written beside it.

Does this mean he would not sell it to me then podge or is there something else to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

well if your bid wasn't removed then you should be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

digiman wrote:
    Yeah, it just seems to good to be true, and the fact that no one else bid for it worried me.
    Cyrus, I remember reading before that you had problems with using non 3 phones on 3, did you ever sort this out?

you will have no probs with a nokia in this regard, just bought an unlocked n95 myself for the same price as yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

N95's are much more common in the UK as they are much cheaper on contract than they are here so I wouldn't worry about it - seller has good feedback too - this is probably a refurb/store return they always flog them off cheap - just don't expect any warranty with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

When bidding for these types of items , be sure to check the sellers feedback and also what previous items he has sold , this will give you a good indication of weather he/she is a trust worthy seller.

I did this and it seems that the seller has sold 3 n95 in the last couple of months , some even cheaper then what you paid :) , but this gives yourself a idea. Never buy off someone who for instance is selling 10p wrist bands for weeks to get a good rating then suddenly selling a Plasma screen TV if you get my drift anyway happy e baying ! Pity I'm over it now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Yep - BE CAREFUL!!

If the handset is stolen it mght be "blocked". This means that you cant use it anywhere in the world!!

BE VERY CAREFUL!!

Advertisement