Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need surround Sound System

• 07-10-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Thanks for viewing, anyone here know of reasonably priced system

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

For a computer? For home cinema? Budget? Internet or shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

New ? second hand? powerful ? standard ?
    Green? blue ?silver..

I kid, I kid.. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

This should probably be posted in the home entertainment section, but anyways

this is a nice 600W system, http://www.technikdirekt.de/main/en/audio/home-cinema/komplettsysteme/163611/-/Article.html?

(Youll probably have to click on that link twice to get it to work, just choose you country the first time)

Only thing its missing is an optical input for yopu xbox or ps3. Oh ya and HDMI if your into that kinda thing.

Have a snoop around that site, they usually have good deals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Pixmania are good for surround sound deals.. that's where i got mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm currently considering the following :

philips hts3154 (180 'ish in shops, 142 at pixmania)
    Panasonic SC-PT150 (200 at komplett.ie)
    sony dz230 (250-300 in shops, 208 at pixmania - better sound on this, but no aux in and no usb)

edit : the samsung ht-x30 is getting v. good reviews at avforums.com - 250 on komplett 279 at dixons

I'm trying to figure out whether the usb and the aux in are really necessary or not for me. Anyone have any thoughts/comments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I google'd for weeks trying to understand various jargons, must have's and must avoids and magic beans and secret spells and what not, and finally bought a Yamaha AV-3101 from pixmania.

The problem with the likes of Sony DAV 230 is that, since it has a DVD player in it, it would have absolutely minimum input options, for instance, if you want to route your sky/ntl etc thru it, or mp3 player etc, and again, when the DVD drive fails, you will need to replace the whole system (as it probably doesn't have a free input to connect a DVD player!)

Have a look at Sony DDW890 or Yamaha AV-3101 (or newer Yamaha AV-4101).

While I wouldn't recommend pixmania to anyone anymore, I would most certainly recommend anyone to have a look at the Yamaha system, when I hooked it all up and played the echo game scene from 'House of Flying Daggers', I nearly had a heart attack!

Sony 890 gets rave reviews, and its apparently a seriously loud system with all sorts of connectivity! Sony's speakers on the large side (classic wooden finish, amp too silver etc) for my taste, hence I went with cheaper, nicer (IMO) looking Yamaha AV-3101. The amp is a nice size and the speakers are really really small!

PS: Someone's trying to sell one for sale in adverts.ie at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

there are a couple for sale over on adverts (mine included) if you dont mind something a bit older

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks for the support all, it is for the 32" Technosonic wide screen TV Tesco's were selling last year, I know if I don't spend too much I wont get much in return so looking for good value, not having looked into this before I had no idea what to pay so at the end of the day I am looking for "good value for money"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I have one of those tesco technosonic too - here's my set up at the moment!

mg0555no5.th.jpg

Advertisement