Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pups with unusual bump

Options
  • 07-10-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi,
    My Springer has had 6 pups (4 female 2 male) about 3 weeks ago. I noticed this evening 3 of the pups (2 female 1 male) have a bump like a blister on their tummy, approx where the umbilical cord would have been (but not sure).
    Can anyone help? Will this clear up naturally? Or should I take them to the vet?

Thanks

Tap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 coisaille

Hi, it might be an umbilical hernia - pretty common in pups I think, I know my dog had one, sometimes they need a few stitches but its no biggie, I'd say check it out with your vet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Could be just the umbilical cord healing or the bumps could be hernias. I'd have it checked out by a vet if I were you to be on the safe side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭rubyred

My puppy had an umbilical hernia. We just got it sorted at 6 months when we neutered her (just the one operation to sort both)

Advertisement