Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need a garage..badly!!

Options
  • 07-10-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi Guys,
    I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a good garage/mechanic out the southside of Dublin that not too expensive and is actually honest!!! I have a Rover 45 that needs a new water pump(i think) . Also does anyone know what sort of price this would cost??

Cheers,
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,283 ✭✭✭✭Esel

If getting the water pump done, be sure to get timing belt done at the same time. It will only cost buttons extra, and will give you major peace of mind. Honest John recommends changing TB on R45 every 35K miles.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 parsonsr

Cheers man the TB was done at 39k theres 69k on it now will it still need to be done??

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Well if it's recommended in 5000 miles, sure that's only a few months down the road. You might as well get it done now while someone has have the ancillaries out already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

K&C Garages in Churchtown deal with Rovers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

South Dublin ?? Alsbury motors in sandymount... small garage but jeez they do great work :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

South Dublin
    Ringsend /Irishtown

DT Motors
    Fishermans Wharf
    Thorncastle Street
    Dave 6683158/6683159

Excellent mechanic and reasonable too.

Chef

parsonsr wrote:
    Cheers man the TB was done at 39k theres 69k on it now will it still need to be done??
    Definitely get it done with this job.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Might be no harm to do the head gasket while he's at it.;)

Anan1 wrote:
    Might be no harm to do the head gasket while he's at it.;)
    Don't say that! :eek:

Not your ornery onager

If it needs a head gasket, be sure to have an MLS gasket fitted. It's a Land Rover part, but should prevent future problems. Always check the coolant level weekly to prevent this problem.

See http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/index.htm?md=345&

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement