Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Mercy thread (Spoilers)

• 07-10-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Could go either way this PPV I reckon. Could be either surprisingly good or worryingly bad. Here are the matches...

WWE championship match

It's not known what will happen but I'd say the likelihood is that Orton will walk out the champion. If it's HHH I will personally begin boycotting Raw. One thing's for sure, whoever it turns out to be will pale in comparison to the rightful WWE champion John Cena who was never pinned or made to submit. (If it turns out to be Y2J I withdraw the previous comment.)

Punjabi Prison Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Batista, Khali and a gimmick match. This could be very bad. I expect Batista to retain since he just won the belt.

Triple H vs. Umaga

Hmm maybe Triple H will actually put Umaga over who could really do with a big rub here...ah, who am I kidding. Umaga to be pinned by the pedigree and made to look like a bitch of course. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAME! If he doesn't leave with another title reign I'll be content enough.

ECW Champion CM Punk vs. Big Daddy V

It's in Illinois so Punk should be over with the crowd. Not sure if they will do a title change as they have been hyping up Big Daddy V in a big way. I'll go for Punk to retain.

Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio

This will likely be the match of the night. Rey to win here.

Candice vs. Beth Phoenix (Women's Championship Match)

Beth will more than likely get the win but I have little to no interest in this.

Hopefully it will turn out to be a solid enough PPV. I'd love Y2J to return although it's perhaps unlikely. The show will probably hinge upon what they do with the WWE title and I hope they don't f*ck things up.

Comments

Hmmm i am wondering who could it be, WWE has been very lazy in the past few years. Im sure it will be Orton , but you never know. They could throw it on Kennedy or be an outsider that vince managed to broker a deal with, like Hogan and give him one last run. But that is a long long shot.

Is Chris Jericho ready to wrestle again ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Jericho's signed a contract apparently, so I'd say it's safe to say that he is ready

WWE championship match

For some reason I don't see a straight one-on-one match happening. Might be two matches or a muti-man match, with some sort of surprise, like Jericho or a guy from SD in it. Either way, Orton to win

Do they have to climb out of the thing to win? I can't see Khali winning if that's the case. Batista to win, it'll be bad

Triple H vs. Umaga

HHH to kick out of Umaga's finisher but lose after some weapons are involved

Punk to retain. A match against Tommy Dreamer would have been more fun though

Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio

Should be good, Rey to win

Might be good, Beth to win

Only six matches scheduled, hopefully Finlay and Rey get some time

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I'm glad I won't be buying this. There's nothing on the card that I'm overly fussed about. Aside of course from Jericho's possible return. I'll just download the women's match tomorrow and possibly buy the DVD at a later stage..

WWE championship match
    I'm not sure where they are going with this. All I've been hearing on TV is that a new champion will definitely be crowned. I haven't heard any mention of an actual match, so bear in mind this could just be Vince coming out and simply giving the title to somebody. Thankfully though, that doesn't seem too likely, especially with only 5 other matches on the card. It will most likely be a multi man match, with, hopefully, Jericho winning. Or failing Jericho appearing, I'd like to see HBK. HHH hopefully will be kept far away from this match.

Bleh...Could be one of those " so bad it's good" matches. Not likely though. Batista to win.

Triple H vs. Umaga

I'm not overly convinced HHH is going over here. Squashing Carlito is one thing, squashing Umaga is another. WWE has built Umaga up a lot, so I can't see HHH beating him...right away. I see Umaga winning thanks to Vince/ Carlito interference. Then HHH beating Umga in a gimmick rematch.

I'm not sure that even Punk can drag a watchable match out of V. Half of me thinks that they will actually put the belt on V... the other half of me hopes they wouldn't dare. Punk to hopefully retain.

Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio

I haven't been following SD as much as I'd like to but I'm sure this match will be very good. Rey to win.

I'm very very disappointed with the build up to this. After the excellent story these two told in their match at Unforgiven last month, they really could have done much more to hype this one. They were on the right track with the mixed tag a couple of weeks ago, which I really enjoyed, but then last week we get a short generic brawl. Considering neither women is fully over with the crowd yet, that's just not good enough. I'd much rather a multi woman match involving Melina and/or Jillian & Mickie. This match should go much the same as last months. I could see Beth losing by DQ leading to a gimmick match at Cyber Sunday or Survivor Series. It may very well be Beth's time tonight but I don't see it happening...just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

regal is back.

Hasn't Regal been back since last weeks Raw?

• Advertisement

oh i missed that.

didnt like the start. very obvious... especially the whole
    history will happen
    crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

evad_lhorg wrote:
    oh i missed that.

didnt like the start. very obvious... especially the whole
    history will happen
    crap

Me neither.
    Possibly. Worst. PPV. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Oh no...I read what happened so far and I hope that there's another WWE Title match. That's absolutely ridiculous, why would anyone want to watch Raw now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm not watching the event but I understand that...
    HHH is the new WWE champion

The guy is an unbelievably selfish c*nt and to all those who defended him on the other thread I'd like you to defend him now!

He has steamrolled over every heel he has come across and has now been given another title reign. He'll probably not have it for long because Natch's 16 title reigns has to be beaten doesn't it?!

F*ck this crap. I'm avoiding Raw from now on. Congratulations all you Cena haters you've lost a young guy with a hard-working attitude who has worked his arse off this year and in his place you have got a politically astute bastard with a self-serving attitude who had his best run years ago. So much for putting over young talent. F*cking wanker.

This can't be the end of it, there's no way in hell that the khali/batista match will end the night. I can see Orton being put in the HHH/Umaga match and Orton winning.

• Advertisement

Wow. Just what I didn't want, or expect to happen. I actually don't mind HHH, when he's not in the title picture. I wouldn't even have minded another HHH reign in the very distant future. But this is just crap. WWE had a vacant title and the chance to do something new and fresh, instead they have HHH win in the opener. If there isn't another World title match, they really have blown it.

I think there definitely will be another match though. I can't see the show ending with the Punjabi prison match. And what about Umaga? Still though even if there is another match and title change, it'll just devalue the title by having it passed around twice (or potentially more times) in one night. But as MNG said, at least it'll bring HHH closer to beating Flairs record. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Yellow Snow

Triple H vs. Umaga is a title match now.....

Even if Triple H loses the title tonight it doesn't change the mindblowing selfishness of the guy as it would mean he only won the belt to lose it and to bring himself a step closer to Ric Flair's record.

It's more pathetic than the time they had the World Title belt held vacant when HHH apparently lost it in a triple threat match with Benoit and Edge (when not involved in the decision) and which led to him winning the vacant World Title at New Year's Revolution in the Elimination Chamber.

A chain of events that accomplished nothing but the stroking of Triple H's ego. Whatever happens this is a sad night for the WWE.

TheNumpty wrote:
    Possibly. Worst. PPV. Ever.

Its official.
    After the most pointless segment on a PPV. Definitly. Worst. PPV. Ever.

So HHH vs. Umaga for the title is happening now. Which to me means there'll be at least one more title match tonight. So this probably means either HHH is gonna be Superman winning twice or three times in one night, or Umaga will win the title then lose it to somebody else. Absolutely ridiculous carry on.

Umaga beats HHH, Orton beats Umaga. Night ends Orton as champ

i wish :rolleyes:

Doesnt Kennedy still have his money in the bank ? Ah i dont care. going to bed

He lost it to Edge a few weeks after WM 23, Edge used it the following Smackdown to become champ beating Taker.

no he lost that to edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

nah lost it to edge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

TheNumpty wrote:
    Umaga beats HHH, Orton beats Umaga. Night ends Orton as champ

i wish :rolleyes:

yeah and i am the easter bunny :D
    trips will squash uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumanga like a bug

Triple H just beat Umaga clean with the pedigree. Unbelievable. He's already been through a match and yet he's able to beat the Samoan Bulldozer CLEAN. I'm off to bed. Sick of reading this ego-stroking fiasco.

they have to be building up to something big at the end they cant just leave it with HHH walking out clean and easy. somethin has to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    they have to be building up to something big at the end they cant just leave it with HHH walking out clean and easy. somethin has to happen.
    Build another fued with HBK, or push Jericho right up into the main event (since Cena is injured)...?

EDIT: I think the above shows how much of a hopeful mark I am...:)

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Orton will invoke a rematch clause and by some shady shenanigans he will end up as champ

well vince already commented on the fans cheering for Jericho. If the had him lined up for tonight I dont think he would say anything.

F*ck spoilers but Finlay is a LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!

another save us ad. 2nd_coming flashing up at the end.

Yeah and Rev_2:22 i think as well

• Advertisement

yea thats right. Bible I assume. Jericho is a definite.

Beth beat Candice for the women's title. I'm a bit surprised Beth won tonight and not at a later date, but it's all good. I read the match wasn't good, which is surprising since last months match was pretty decent and the house show matches the two have had got good reviews. Oh well, at least we've seen one deserving champ tonight.

Oh, and now that HHH is champ AGAIN, notice how appropriate the " save us" stuff looks now. Maybe WWE knows what they're doing after all eh? Lol.

Well that last match kinda redeemed what was a poor PPV. it may have seemed sh*t booking making Orton champ and HHH challenging him, defeating Orton and then HHH retaining against Umaga. Orton was made to look like a star in the last man standing match, great back and forth action with Orton sellling each 9 count really well. Exactly what he needed to look like a credible champ. I said it could only be HHH that would make Orton look good and he did. Best match of the night of a forgettable PPV.

TheNumpty wrote:
    Well that last match kinda redeemed what was a poor PPV. it may have seemed sh*t booking making Orton champ and HHH challenging him, defeating Orton and then HHH retaining against Umaga. Orton was made to look like a star in the last man standing match, great back and forth action with Orton sellling each 9 count really well. Exactly what he needed to look like a credible champ. I said it could only be HHH that would make Orton look good and he did. Best match of the night of a forgettable PPV.
    Yeah he really made Orton look good by pinning him with a roll-up at the beginning of the night!

And I really loved how he managed to get up from an RKO on a steel chair! Not bad for a guy in his third match. Pass the sick bag...

Yeah he really made Orton look good by pinning him with a roll-up at the beginning of the night!

And I really loved how he managed to get up from an RKO on a steel chair! Not bad for a guy in his third match. Pass the sick bag...
    Ok! HHH did have to 'protect his cred' somehow :p But it really was a great match regardless. I don't like either person but they really performed when it came down to it.

HHH is always going to make himself look good and this will probably be the start of a long feud with HHH obviously regaining but it was nice to see him beat tonight.

TheNumpty wrote:
    Ok! HHH did have to 'protect his cred' somehow :p But it really was a great match regardless. I don't like either person but they really performed when it came down to it.

HHH is always going to make himself look good and this will probably be the start of a long feud with HHH obviously regaining but it was nice to see him beat tonight.
    Agreed. I can't knock the match which was certainly HHH's best since his return and I also must say it was nice to see him get beat (never thought I'd be cheering on Orton) but that good performance shouldn't cloud the other crap he got up to overall throughout the show. The way he 'protected his cred' was very disappointing. Umaga in particular was left looking ridiculously weak. Can't wait to see how they handle him after tonight.

• Advertisement

Agreed. I can't knock the match which was certainly HHH's best since his return and I also must say it was nice to see him get beat (never thought I'd be cheering on Orton) but that good performance shouldn't cloud the other crap he got up to overall throughout the show. The way he 'protected his cred' was very disappointing. Umaga in particular was left looking ridiculously weak. Can't wait to see how they handle him after tonight.
    He'll destroy Jeff Hardy and become IC champ again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Ok this is stupid. I really like this place, but why block out spoilers in a thread designated to No Mercy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

And would you look at the HHHaters come out in full force! Look it's not like he kept it for longer than two bloody hours! I'm surprised people aren't giving out more about the fact that Orton has two "undeserved" title reigns in three hours.

Guys, HHH is back, deal with it. At least he jobbed! If it was Crippletaker, he probably wouldn't have and they would have written it storylinewise that he's "dead" and can't be beaten

VR!

And would you look at the HHHaters come out in full force! Look it's not like he kept it for longer than two bloody hours!
    How is that a good thing? You do realise this is all part of his "I gotta get more than 16 world titles" plan?
    Guys, HHH is back, deal with it. At least he jobbed!
    He jobbed? He pinned Orton to begin with and even found time to squash Umaga. Remove the blinkers.

How is that a good thing? You do realise this is all part of his "I gotta get more than 16 world titles" plan?
    Get over it dude, this whingy whiney story is old, tired and dated!Every time a HHH match takes place it's the same old sh*t! You could just not watch y'know! ;)
    He jobbed? He pinned Orton to begin with and even found time to squash Umaga. Remove the blinkers.
    He didn't squash Umaga, he took a rake load of his offence and made it out of there by the skin of his teeth, remove your head out of your ass! If you want to see a squash, See Kennedy squash Londrick in that 6 man tag!

VR!

• Advertisement

Get over it dude, this whingy whiney story is old, tired and dated!Every time a HHH match takes place it's the same old sh*t! You could just not watch y'know! ;)
    Sorry I thought this was a forum for opinions and not some HHH love-fest.
    He didn't squash Umaga, he took a rake load of his offence and made it out of there by the skin of his teeth, remove your head out of your ass! If you want to see a squash, See Kennedy squash Londrick in that 6 man tag!
    Remove your head from your ass. He pinned him clean and this was after being in an earlier match! And the Kennedy match has nothing to do with the issue of Triple H's dominance.

Remove your head from your ass. He pinned him clean and this was after being in an earlier match! And the Kennedy match has nothing to do with the issue of Triple H's dominance.
    Yeah, he's Triple H, not some flavour of the month from some indy promotion that everyone likes! And I'm well aware Kennedy has nothing to do with the issue, i'm just trying to remind you exactly what a squash is, As you clearly seem to think the Umaga match was a squash, another example of favouritism.

Not gonna bother on this particular topic as there's no point in two topics, i'll gladly continue this in the other thread, seeing as this one is to do with NM, and the other one is more HHH based.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

whats with all the spoiler tags?

Ph3n0m wrote:
    whats with all the spoiler tags?

I dont know but i think these are promos leading up to their "Its still real to me Dammit" Match at cyber sunday .

Yeah, he's Triple H, not some flavour of the month from some indy promotion that everyone likes! And I'm well aware Kennedy has nothing to do with the issue, i'm just trying to remind you exactly what a squash is, As you clearly seem to think the Umaga match was a squash, another example of favouritism.
    I'm no fan of Kennedy as is well documented. You simply introduced Kennedy as a red herring. It's what people tend to do when they're losing an argument. Personal insults would fall into that category too.
    Not gonna bother on this particular topic as there's no point in two topics, i'll gladly continue this in the other thread, seeing as this one is to do with NM, and the other one is more HHH based.

Fair enough. I've put up some questions I'd like you to answer.

I'm no fan of Kennedy as is well documented. You simply introduced Kennedy as a red herring. It's what people tend to do when they're losing an argument. Personal insults would fall into that category too.

Hold up a second! Saying that it was another example of favouritism wasn't a personal insult. It was a fair comparison. It's hardly my fault that you cannot accept it.

And on the other topic, you started the personal jibes, i've since apologised for mine.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

You guys (VR &MNG) are very funny....start a comedy show:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I dont know but i think these are promos leading up to their "Its still real to me Dammit" Match at cyber sunday .

Actually, I believe the long awaited match will take place on our Cyber Sunday edition of the Boards PW Podcast. The choice for special referee is:
    1) Me
    or
    2) Minto

Voting will open in 1 weeks time!

Hold up a second! Saying that it was another example of favouritism wasn't a personal insult. It was a fair comparison. It's hardly my fault that you cannot accept it.

I wasn't talking about accusations of favouritism (which were false) but rather other comments which you have since apologised for and which I've since moved on from.
    And on the other topic, you started the personal jibes, i've since apologised for mine.

Not true at all and you know it. Who did I personally insult? If you look at the comments made towards me I think I kept my cool pretty well.
    You guys (VR &MNG) are very funny....start a comedy show:P

:eek:

:eek:
    That was ec18 dude, not me.
    VR!

• Advertisement
Advertisement