Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Games category

Options
  • 07-10-2007 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

could an admin or someone unban me please?

I was banned about a month ago and forgot about it. I don't know who banned me cos they didn't post in the thread or PM me.

PHB PM'd me to tell me that he could ban me but he's not going to...

Anyway since I'm category banned I assumed it was amp who did it and I PM'd him 3 days ago and haven't heard back.

Any help?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Amp has been in bed sick. I'll point him to this thread or ask him if you can be unbanned.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cheers son

Is amp still incapacitated?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Is amp still incapacitated?

Pfft. Amp isn't in prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Just couldn't resist trying to look smart, could ya? Ye f*cking sad c*nt.

Ring a bell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Aww I was expecting a link to the offending post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Pfft. Amp isn't in prison.

Psst, that's 'incarcerated'.

amp wrote: »
    Ring a bell?

Yeah I know why I was banned. Is it permanent, or how long is it for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

This seems like one of those pesky instances where an apology might go a long way...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah I know why I was banned. Is it permanent, or how long is it for?

It's indefinite.

• Advertisement

Grand, thanks for clearing that up.

Who says starting threads in Feedback is futile...? Not me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Eh, DaveMcG, are you too proud to even offer an apology for calling amp a ****?

I didn't call amp a c*nt, it was some other bloke.

I'm not proud at all, no.

I didn't call amp a c*nt, it was some other bloke.

I'm not proud at all, no.

Eh, was it? http://pie.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54196674&postcount=6

If it's a case of mistaken identity, then I'd imagine you'd press the issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I think he means it was some other bloke that he referred to as a cúnt, not Amp.

amp was just quoting my post from another thread that he didn't even post in.

Hang on

*digs around*

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055147700

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I think he means it was some other bloke that he referred to as a cúnt, not Amp.

Oh. D'Oh. :o

If fairness though, you go and abuse someone, don't even apologise for it, or try and show that it won't happen again, I can see why the ban would be permanent.

Excellent

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

While personal abuse isnt permitted, I can see why he said what he did. I hate prats who act the gob****e in such topics and I can see why David lost his patience with your man.

I dont see why it should be permanent. Fair enough if there is no indication it wont happen again - but for the offense itself, is hardly worth a permban.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sully wrote: »
    I dont see why it should be permanent. Fair enough if there is no indication it wont happen again - but for the offense itself, is hardly worth a permban.

It's not, it's indefinite.

• Advertisement

Sully wrote: »
    While personal abuse isnt permitted, I can see why he said what he did. I hate prats who act the gob****e in such topics and I can see why David lost his patience with your man.

Forget about it, tis no big deal really. That post was probably my 5th post ever in the Games category and I had a bit of a freaker :o lol. But thanks Sully :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gordon wrote: »
    It's not, it's indefinite.

Well, same thing really. It should have had a set amount of time.

I agree tho, if he wanted to get unbanned a simple apologise for doing it wouldn't have gone astray, but at least, not for abusing the muppet who created the problem :p

But anyway... lets leave it ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

amp was just quoting my post from another thread that he didn't even post in.

Hang on

*digs around*

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055147700

'reported for being a ****'

Lol...
    Anyway, pretty long cat ban for just some sinsulting.

Advertisement