Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build: Big RAM problem

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    so I built a new PC around 3 weeks ago, and everything went smooth, however when I actually ran stuff that put stress on my RAM, it just crashed. i'dd had this problem before, and luckily I knew it was the RAM. I bought 2 sets of Corsair 2x1gb, so I tried both sets seperately, one worked perfectly, one did not.

I returned the faulty set to komplett, got an email saying they had sent me out a new one, and a few days ago I received it. I finally got around to installing it today and .. well .. it's far worse than before. It doesn't wait this time for the memory stress to get high, it just crashes, usually within 30 seconds of booting up.

A few things, i noticed that the package I was sent back was not newly wrapped, would this be because they simply replaced the faulty stick with another one?

I'm also concerned that it's not a problem with the RAM at all, but a problem with one of the actual slots on the mobo, maybe it's damaged? is this possible? In the bios it did show that there were 4gb of RAM installed, so it did recognise the RAM. I haven't gotten round to it yet but tomorrow I'm going to try the new RAM in the slots the current RAM is in.

Also, could it simply be a problem with my BIOS and recognising 2 dual ram yokes, or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement