Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade old xbox for a 360

• 08-10-2007 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I have an old xbox original and i'd like to trade it in for a 360.
    Is there anywhere that would take my old xbox as a trade in?
    I have two controllers also. if anyone is interested in buyin x box and controllers just pm me.
    i know this isn't the place to post ads but no harm eh? ;)

Where's the best place to buy a 360 anyway? the only games that i really want are "gears of war" "halo 3" and "oblivion" so any bundles with these games would be great:rolleyes:

Would i be better off tryin to sell the xbox separately? would anyone buy it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

u wud definitely be better off selling it ur self as game will prob only give u about 30 euro (if even) for the xbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

get the halo 3 package and pick up gears and oblivion on adverts.ie. Should get them both for less than 50 euro second hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭helios

Slymonster wrote:
    I have an old xbox original and i'd like to trade it in for a 360.
    Is there anywhere that would take my old xbox as a trade in?
    I have two controllers also. if anyone is interested in buyin x box and controllers just pm me.
    i know this isn't the place to post ads but no harm eh? ;)

Where's the best place to buy a 360 anyway? the only games that i really want are "gears of war" "halo 3" and "oblivion" so any bundles with these games would be great:rolleyes:

Would i be better off tryin to sell the xbox separately? would anyone buy it like?

I tried to do the same thing at Gamestop, but they told me they're not taking Xbox games or consoles for trade-in anymore. When I did sell mine though, I got my 360 at Gamestop (mainly because I had a €40 credit) and it came with HDMI which was lucky... I sold my original Xbox + games (in different transactions) within about 3-4 days of putting them up for sale on adverts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

link to your xbox sale on adverts if you do put it up please. I wouldn't mind picking up some Xbox games for my 360 as long as they are on the compatibility list obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Slymonster

helios wrote:
    I tried to do the same thing at Gamestop, but they told me they're not taking Xbox games or consoles for trade-in anymore. When I did sell mine though, I got my 360 at Gamestop (mainly because I had a €40 credit) and it came with HDMI which was lucky... I sold my original Xbox + games (in different transactions) within about 3-4 days of putting them up for sale on adverts.

How did you get for the xbox helios? And when was this?
    brim4brim wrote:
    link to your xbox sale on adverts if you do put it up please. I wouldn't mind picking up some Xbox games for my 360 as long as they are on the compatibility list obviously.

Sorry man but i'm not sellin any of my games.... i don't have very many in any case.

What advantages does the elite have over the premium edition? Other than the bigger hardrive and HDMI output. Is it worth the extra price?

• Advertisement

How much did I get? I got €60 including the DVD playback kit. I know it's not a lot, but computers/electronics depreciate like there's no tomorrow, and considering there's a new model out (360) the price will go even lower.

The big selling point for the Elite is the bigger hard drive. My Premium, bought from Gamestop at Stephen's Green came with HDMI, so other than the hdd and the black color and a few extra cables, there's not much difference.

I heard that the HD DVD player was included with the elite and not with the premium. Am i wrong? it happens the odd time ya know!!:D

Slymonster wrote:
    I heard that the HD DVD player was included with the elite and not with the premium. Am i wrong? it happens the odd time ya know!!:D

Wrong. The HD-DVD player goes for €180, so there'd be a more significant price increase over the premium

Quote from xbox.com>>>>Watch Movies, TV, and Video

* DVD and HD-DVD movies: No more Xbox DVD Movie Playback Kit required! Simply insert your DVD and use your controller or an Xbox 360 Universal Media Remote for full DVD control. DVD playback supports progressive-scan 480p for optimal viewing on HDTVs (requires an Xbox 360 Component HD AV Cable). With the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player, you can watch HD-DVD movies in full high-definition glory.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/digitalmedia/intro.htm

Could still be wrong maybe thats just the american ones, i dunno.

Slymonster wrote:
    With the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player, you can watch HD-DVD movies in full high-definition glory.

No playback kit needed for standard DVD's as with the original Xbox. For HD-DVD you *do* need the actual player... Attention to details, as my teachers always said...

• Advertisement

:o Sorry bout that my bad!! :(

Quick must change subject!!..;)

So the bigger hardrive is the only significant advantage? does it come with an extra controller or anythin?

What do ya even want the hardrive for? apart from save games, a bit of music and the odd video?

Slymonster wrote:
    :o Sorry bout that my bad!! :(

Quick must change subject!!..;)

So the bigger hardrive is the only significant advantage? does it come with an extra controller or anythin?

What do ya even want the hardrive for? apart from save games, a bit of music and the odd video?

more music/videos/demos/etc... depends on what you wanna do with it. I'd say not worth it unless you see yourself needing the storage. Again, same as Premium except in black, some more cables, bigger hdd...

I also heard that the elite doesn't get the whole "red rings of death" thing. is that generally a big problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Faulty premiums are a HUGE problem. I've never seen any other console returned in as big quantities. That's why I'm refusing to get one. I won't my consoles to last for at least 10 years. The 3 year additional warranty doesn't ease my mind at all because I've seen people on their 5th replaced premium. The elite seems to have fixed the flaws of the premium, so just solely for that I'd say go for the elite. It'll probably save you a lot of hassle in the long run.

well i still dont really want to spend the extra €200 just for that. The red rings of death is caused by a cooling problem isn't it? what if i used a backplate fan attachment like this..

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338507

Also i heard that some of the new premiums have a new heatsink for the graphics card but that it was the processor heatsink that caused the problems. Did this new heatsink help at all? Can you avoid the problem by just not playing for too long?

Advertisement