Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

olympic rifle clubs near Birr or Nenagh

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi Lads,

I'm wondering if there are any olympic rifle clubs near Birr or Nenagh looking for new members. I know a lot of clubs are closed shops but wondering if there were any out there looking for youngish blood to help out with the rearing of quarry in return for membership!!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I'm sure Sparks and rrpc will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Olympic shooting aficionados don't rear much in the way of 'quarry,' unless you count the growing of trees for processing into paper targets.
    The people involved in 'rearing quarry' are 'gun clubs' in the NARGC sense.

I'm not from the Birr/Nenagh area, so I can't give any particular details of local clubs, but I'm sure there'll be game clubs (NARGC) thereabouts.
    I'd be surprised (and pleased) if there was an Olympic target shooting club in the area.

edited to add-
    Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

When it comes to ISSF-style shooting the nearest place to you that I've shot is at MNSCI near Tullamore. I don't know how many people shoot ISSF-style stuff there on a regular basis, but they're a nice bunch.

The nearest clubs to you are probably in Fermoy, Dublin or Wicklow I'm afraid. :( I'd love to be proven wrong on this of course!

If you're willing to rear a quarry in your locality you could start your own club in it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭N.O.I.P.

andrew10.9 wrote:
    I know a lot of clubs are closed shops but wondering if there were any out there looking for youngish blood to help out with the rearing of quarry in return for membership!!

Cheers
    ndeffew wrote:
    I know a lot of clubs are closed shops but wondering if there were any out there looking for youngish ;) blood to help out with the rearing of quarry in return for membership!!

Cheers

Cosmic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 andrew10.9

Thank you all for replies!

Advertisement