Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a bit of advice needed

Options
  • 08-10-2007 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

im a keen cyclist and been gettting back into it during the sumer in a big way. and going to try keep it up for the winter.. atm im averaging around 30-40km a day after college if thers still light out.

recently thanks to my older brother, my bike has been cruely hurt :( with its both wheels bucketed .. dont ask me how he did it!! :S

now i have saved a bit of money 300 to be exact to spruce up my bike but dont have a clue on what do buy for it.

so my question to you guys is what would be the best to buy for my poor bike.

its a lightweight hybrid with 2 buckled 27" wheels, and hence breaks dont work too well.
    btw the roads im traveling on arent in the best of conditions (country backroads)
    help me spend my money! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 sprinter

A good set of wheels are very important, the help the bike roll better and give much better response plus the added benefit of the extra strength is always welcome due to our beautiful Irish roads(yeah right!)
    Check out the Mavic Ksyrium equipe wheelset very good value for money, strong and light too, plus they just come in under your budget at €281.
    http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=89&idproduct=4301

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I'd recommend keeping your money and making your brother buy you some new wheels. What did he do to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

i very much dought my bro will buy me a set of new wheels, as in his eyes if they still spin theyre not broken.

ther both buckled, not sure how he buckled the front.. hit a crater in the road or something ;) as for the back. i saw with my own eyes, him slaming on the front brakes poping the back of the bike up and then it slaming down again.

sprinter, tnx.. i am quite tempted :D .. i presume they would suit a hybrid quite nicely .. (sry i was never into the tech of bikes )

anyway tnx for your help lads

Advertisement