Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

has that captured Isreali soldier ever been returned?

• 08-10-2007 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

remember the kidnapped soliders that triggered the Isreal army entering the leb last year, has the corporal (i think he was a corporal) ever been returned ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

There were 3 soldiers kidnapped about that time.

Ehud Goldwasser and Eldad Regev were kidnapped by Hezbollah in July 2006. They are believed to have been killed.

3 weeks previously, Gilad Shalit was kidnapped by Hamas. He is believed to be still alive, and somewhere in Egypt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

There was also 3 israeli soldiers taken on or across the border in either 2000 or 2001 when I was there, aparently the people who took them had Irish army uniforms, although that was a rumour.

I assume they are dead, although Israeli will persist to get home the bodies and bury them in accordance with Jewish law until then the families cannot rest.

As for the young lad taken in Gaza I doubt he is in Gaza if not already dead.

Although it has be rarely known for some of the captives to go native but extremely rare.

Advertisement