Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

...and your NEW WWE Champion....(obviously will contain spoilers)

• 08-10-2007 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

...Triple H!

"Genibus nitito Orton"!

I am in awe! Was Randy's reign even 15 minutes long?
    I like the fact that Hunter is the champ again (11 times baby!), but he shouldn't have gotten it tonight. It should have been switched at Cyber Sunday or just have him win it straight, not giving it to Randy and having him lose it to Trips 15 mins later. Talk about 15 minutes of fame, Randy.

On a side note, I think the fact that they are keeping the spinner belt (hopefully only for the moment) means that a new title is in the making.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I spotted the potential for this catastrof*ck the day after Cena's injury...
    I just picture Triple H's eyes lighting up and little title belts forming in his eyeballs like on a cartoon when he heard this news. I can just imagine him whining like a bitch tonight to his wife...

"Come on Steph talk to your Dad. You know it's been a while since I was handed a heavyweight title belt. Pleeeeeasssssseeeeee."

Do not be surprised to see that f*cker leave with another title win. Way stranger things have happened.

Surprise, surprise!

I remember prior to WM22 when HHH was interviewed by some radio station the interviewer said something like, "Hey when are we going to see a new WWE belt cos we miss the old one" and HHH replied, "Me too. Hey leave it to me."

It doesn't surprise me ONE IOTA that it will apparently be Triple H who ends up holding the new version of the belt.

He's a f*cking disgrace to professional wrestling and Raw will suck balls with him as the champion. Probably the most selfish piece of crap to ever grace the industry. Let's look at the guys he's destroyed so far since his return...

Booker T, Carlito, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Umaga and now - Randy Orton.

Quite an impressive list for a guy who's been back a couple of weeks and who is supposed to be a babyface and a veteran.

F*cking joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

i dont even watch wrestling anymore just read results blah blah but what a crock of balls................please god let there be a twist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭scrawnban

doh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I spotted the potential for this catastrof*ck the day after Cena's injury...

Surprise, surprise!

I remember prior to WM22 when HHH was interviewed by some radio station the interviewer said something like, "Hey when are we going to see a new WWE belt cos we miss the old one" and HHH replied, "Me too. Hey leave it to me."

It doesn't surprise me ONE IOTA that it will apparently be Triple H who ends up holding the new version of the belt.

He's a f*cking disgrace to professional wrestling and Raw will suck balls with him as the champion. Probably the most selfish piece of crap to ever grace the industry. Let's look at the guys he's destroyed so far since his return...

Booker T, Carlito, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Umaga and now - Randy Orton.

Quite an impressive list for a guy who's been back a couple of weeks and who is supposed to be a babyface and a veteran.

F*cking joke.

Well the only good thing to come out of this will be that HHH will be injured and on the shelf for 6 months+ soon enough ;)

Roll on title number 12 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So Randy Orton is the new WWE champion. Why the f*ck didn't they just have him beat HHH for it to begin with instead of going through the farce of Orton ending up a TWO time WWE champion?

Well two reasons actually...

Reason 1) HHH of course couldn't put over Orton unless he'd gotten the win over him to begin with which happened at the start of the night!

Reason 2) HHH needs to bring himself one title closer to that magic #16 target. Mission accomplished as far as that's concerned.

Tonight was an example of sickening ego-stroking. The sad thing is he actually put on a very good match at the end but considering it took place after he got one over on Orton and even managed to find the time to make Umaga look like a complete muppet, it's pretty hard to admire.

So to review HHH is an insecure piece of crap and expect title number 12 to come before the year's end. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

As much as I hate HHH for his selfishness and burying guys. I would rather him be the champ than Orton. You can argue that HHH atleast earned the right to be an arrogant bastard but WTF has Orton done except screwup numerous times, a PR nightmare for WWE. If he wasn't HHH's sidekick in the back he would of been fired a long time ago.

Orton doesn't get heel like HHH does [or did since he's face atm] Orton gets the X-Pac, K-Fed, PacMan heat. The "Please die already and get off my Tv." heat. Which doesn't generate $$$$ at the end of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

EDIT: WTF? Orton won it again at the end of the night? Wheres the problem here? HHH puts over Orton something huge. This is the best thing that could have happened really, as had Orton just been given the title, people would be moaning etc.

Once again HHH does what is best for the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

JohnMc1 wrote:

Orton doesn't get heel like HHH does [or did since he's face atm] Orton gets the X-Pac, K-Fed, PacMan heat. The "Please die already and get off my Tv." heat. Which doesn't generate $$$$ at the end of the day.

I'm not a huge Orton fan but he's been fantastic as a bad guy for the last 6 months.

I guess if you liked Triple H alot, tonight was your night. I haven't seen the show so its not fair to comment in detail.

I can see why people would immediately be angry about Triple H. However, I think the way they booked it does add drama to a future re-match with Orton and Triple H than if they just had 1 match. And it sounded like the crowd really got into it too. Umaga was a casualty though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Jesus Hubert Christ on a f*cking bike, isn't anyone happy? Bitching when HHH gets the belt, bitching when Orton gets the belt?

Just give it to Highlander Robbie or someone, the only way SOMEONE is gonna be happy!

I'm in full agreement with gimmick here. Although 2 reigns for Orton is a little overkill in one night. It made more sense have the title change at the end of the show than at the beginning. Had it been the other way around, the show would have tanked, only lasted 2 hours. And people would have complained about it being a rip-off show.

I actually think all the title matches were done more to fill time, than to f*ck egos to be honest. I'm sure there'll be a few people there to disagree, but hey, i'm used to that. But there's a grand total of 3 guys on RAW that is up for getting that belt. And had Umaga got it, SOMEONE would have moaned.

So it was a no win situation really to be honest.
    VR!

• Advertisement

isn't anyone happy?

I, like Michelle McCool am loving life.

I, like Michelle McCool am loving life.

Just as long as you don't lose THAT much weight and have to be sent in for eating disorder treatment all the time ;)

VR!

happier now that orton has it but still 3 title changes in 2 hours is OVERKILL of the highest order especially with Cena having it for over a year prior.

rossie1977 wrote:
    happier now that orton has it but still 3 title changes in 2 hours is OVERKILL of the highest order especially with Cena having it for over a year prior.

Making up for lost time ;)

Another thing for all the HHHaters out there.
    Any of you biased f*cks notice that Kennedy completely no sold Londrick's offence during the six man. I supposed he's not burying them by any chance?

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

I'm glad Orton got the belt, really I am. But I really fail to see the point of awarding him the belt at the start of the show, only for him to lose it to HHH in the opener, then having HHH beat Umaga easily, only to lose to Orton again in the ME. HHH jokes and the beating Flair's reign thing aside, where was the logic in this?

Could they not have just had HHH challenge Orton for the vacant title in the LMS match for the main event? That way they would have made space for a Matt vs. MVP match. Yes an actual match, not a silly pizza eating contest. Maybe they could have had a SD tag title match, or shock horror, a cruiser weight title match! They could have either had Umaga face someone else ( maybe getting someone, you know, new, over in the process.) or they could have inserted him in the ME. Just sharing the ring with HHH and Orton in a competetive match would have done a lot for him.

Wow, have I just made too much sense? Silly me. Lol.

That way they would have made space for a Matt vs. MVP match. Yes an actual match, not a silly pizza eating contest. Maybe they could have had a SD tag title match

Against who? The Greasers again? Cos that hasn't been done to death this year already, no? I'd pretty much agree with everything else you said. The pizza eating segment was utter bollocks though.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Prufrock

Jesus Hubert Christ on a f*cking bike, isn't anyone happy? Bitching when HHH gets the belt, bitching when Orton gets the belt?

Agreed. I mean SOMEONE had to get it. And HHH winning at the start of the night only to lose it in the ME isn't that bad a decision. It could have been worse. A lot worse.

It's been no more done to death then HHH winning the title.

I agree that there is a severe lack of depth in the SD tag division. But still even if they did have another MVP & Matt vs. D & D tag match, with some sort of continuation of the Hardy/ MVP feud, wouldn't even that have achieved more then HHH winning and dropping the title?

It's been no more done to death then HHH winning the title.

But at least it provides a continuation between HHH/Umaga, which was hardly a burial considering HHH was made to look like he escaped by the skin of his teeth. And begins the HHH/Orton feud.
    I agree that there is a severe lack of depth in the SD tag division. But still even if they did have another MVP & Matt vs. D & D tag match, with some sort of continuation of the Hardy/ MVP feud, wouldn't even that have achieved more then HHH winning and dropping the title?

Blame the bookers for that. Next week MVP v Matt Hardy on a loloball race!
    VR!

But at least it provides a continuation between HHH/Umaga, which was hardly a burial considering HHH was made to look like he escaped by the skin of his teeth.

What is there to continue though? It seems to me HHH has already handled Umaga fairly handily. I haven't actually seen the match yet, as I'm only in the process of getting the PPV now, but from what I've read, HHH beats him with one pedigree. Yeah, it mentions Umaga hurt HHH's ribs. But even that won't do much for Umaga, as HHH beat him in the same match, then went on to win a LMS match later the same night.

Even before No Mercy..look at the build up. HHH gives Umaga a brutal beating, thus getting the storyline credit for putting Umaga on the shelf. Umaga...got to beat up three jobbers.

Now, I hope they keep Umaga away from HHH. Even if Umaga does beat HHH at this stage, it'll only mean HHH coming back stronger and giving Umaga a worse beating, burying him further. If there's any hope for the Samoan Bulldozer he'll be kept far away from HHH.

• Advertisement

More like bitching about the fact the title has been devalued significantly in one night after a year-plus reign which had restored its credibility.
    Just give it to Highlander Robbie or someone, the only way SOMEONE is gonna be happy!

Or just give it to Orton and stick with that maybe? Nah we have to see HHH beating Naitch's record, right?!
    I'm in full agreement with gimmick here. Although 2 reigns for Orton is a little overkill in one night. It made more sense have the title change at the end of the show than at the beginning. Had it been the other way around, the show would have tanked, only lasted 2 hours. And people would have complained about it being a rip-off show.

Yes that makes perfect sense and there was no other way around it at all such as maybe having the main event go on last (which everyone expected) and then have HHH put Orton over. Nah can't have that! HHH needs title reigns damn it!
    But at least it provides a continuation between HHH/Umaga, which was hardly a burial considering HHH was made to look like he escaped by the skin of his teeth.

Yeah he sure escaped by the skin of his teeth with that pedigree and the 1, 2, 3 clean victory! Close shave, eh?

Biased f*cks? Don't make me laugh...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

This sucks! I don't wanna see Orton with the belt! He may be a good heel and that, but come on, Triple H deserves the belt. He wrestled 3 matches last night, I have yet to see the LMS match as I got bored with the Khali/Batista match and fell asleep. But I think his first two matches of the night were pretty good and from what I hear, the main event was pretty good too. So to all the HHHaters (sorry VR, I had to steal it) out there, F*CK YOU! He not only did double duty, but f*cking triple (h) duty. Why? Because Cena got injured and someone needed to take the ball and run. I wouldn't trust anyone else but Triple H with that job.

Minto wrote:
    So to all the HHHaters (sorry VR, I had to steal it) out there, F*CK YOU!

What a well-reasoned argument you present. I might just have to rethink my views completely now.
    Minto wrote:
    He not only did double duty, but f*cking triple (h) duty. Why? Because Cena got injured and someone needed to take the ball and run. I wouldn't trust anyone else but Triple H with that job.

Uh, no. He did triple duty to add another title reign to his record and to get one step closer to breaking the record for most world title reigns. The crazy f*cker has this idea that he can go down as the greatest wrestler of all time. He won't.

More like bitching about the fact the title has been devalued significantly in one night after a year-plus reign which had restored its credibility.

Title was devalued the second it was turned into a joke spinner toy and given to a hack for an entire year to Cena. Nobody complained about Cena not doing the job to Orton or Umaga did they? Nuh-uh, But it's a sin if HHH doesn't lose to them! No favouritism there, no sir!
    Or just give it to Orton and stick with that maybe? Nah we have to see HHH beating Naitch's record, right?!

I'll admit that would have worked better, but as i said earlier, they obviously needed filler. If we were to go by your idealistic booking dude, we'd have D-Von Dudley come back and take the belt from Orton or some other ECW mutant.
    Yes that makes perfect sense and there was no other way around it at all such as maybe having the main event go on last (which everyone expected) and then have HHH put Orton over. Nah can't have that! HHH needs title reigns damn it!

Everyone expected? Cena got injured at the 11th hour! Nobody expected that. I agree with you about short term title reigns, I hated Andre's one, i really hated DiBiase's one. Edge's first one annoyed the hell out of me. But they already threw on a filler match in the six man, what more did you want in that PPV? Hornswoggle v Super Crazy?

And you really need to get over this number of title reigns fixation! It's getting tiresome.
    Yeah he sure escaped by the skin of his teeth with that pedigree and the 1, 2, 3 clean victory! Close shave, eh?

After Samoan Drops, kicks to the throat and HHH looking like something the cat dragged in after the match. Yeah, i'd call it a very close shave. I don't know what match you were watching!
    Biased f*cks? Don't make me laugh...
    Given you're constant putdown of HHH and personal jibes like "old big-nose" and your constant bitching of every HHH match on RAW every week, you've done nothing to make anyone believe otherwise.

VR!

Naitch's record
    HHH needs title reigns damn it!

You seem a little obsessed with him beating Ric's record, but who cares if he beats Ric's record? Ric doesn't! I believe he has said in the past that he hopes Triple H beats his record! Ric sees Hunter as what he is, the greatest of this generation (Shawn Michaels is last generation as far as I'm concerned and Kurt Angle couldn't draw near where Triple H has drawn) and deserves what he gets.

The crazy f*cker has this idea that he can go down as the greatest wrestler of all time. He won't.

But he will! Much to your dismay. And i'll be thinking of you when he gets entered into the hall of fame ten years from now. ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Haha,this is hilarious.Listen,people complained when Cena was the champ,people complain when HHH is the champ and yes people will complain about Orton as the champ.Orton is probably most deserving of the title because he is the only one really capable of representing the company as champ.HHH rein has been long and Cena is out injured along with Michaels.Umaga is still not over as he should be and the stint of a face being the champ had to come to an end.

To be honest,HHH might be self serving but I don't think Umaga was completely buried.In fact HHH probably did a better job of putting Umaga over than Orton.I think Orton should be put over cleanly to put a stamp on his reign.It is just unfortunate for him that Cena got injured.Had he beaten Cena,then he'd be really over as the champ but he was forced into this situation.

It might be the case that HHH is rolling over guys and using his stroke to make sure the other wrestlers "pay their dues" as HHH did at Mania 12 against Warrior

Uh, no. He did triple duty to add another title reign to his record and to get one step closer to breaking the record for most world title reigns. The crazy f*cker has this idea that he can go down as the greatest wrestler of all time. He won't.

More about him beating he title reigns!

Minto wrote:
    This sucks! I don't wanna see Orton with the belt! He may be a good heel and that, but come on, Triple H deserves the belt. He wrestled 3 matches last night, I have yet to see the LMS match as I got bored with the Khali/Batista match and fell asleep. But I think his first two matches of the night were pretty good and from what I hear, the main event was pretty good too. So to all the HHHaters (sorry VR, I had to steal it) out there, F*CK YOU! He not only did double duty, but f*cking triple (h) duty. Why? Because Cena got injured and someone needed to take the ball and run. I wouldn't trust anyone else but Triple H with that job.

I'm sorry, but just because someone pulls double or triple duty it doesn't make them the most deserving champion. When I think of people wrestling more then once in one night, I can't help but think of King of the Ring. Mabel wrestled twice at the 95 event..maybe he should have been champion?..Here's a better one, Billy Gunn pulled triple duty in 99..should they then have put the belt on him?..A wrestler wrestling more then once on an event isn't conductive to being a deserving champion.

Orton has been putting on good performances for the last year. HHH is not too long back from the injured list, and aside from last night's PPV which I have yet to see, I can't think of one very good match he's had since he returned. Orton is easily the more deserving one of the two.

• Advertisement

Title was devalued the second it was turned into a joke spinner toy and given to a hack for an entire year to Cena. Nobody complained about Cena not doing the job to Orton or Umaga did they? Nuh-uh, But it's a sin if HHH doesn't lose to them! No favouritism there, no sir!/QUOTE]

Cena isn't shagging the boss' daughter or sitting in on creative meetings but then you know that.
    I'll admit that would have worked better, but as i said earlier, they obviously needed filler. If we were to go by your idealistic booking dude, we'd have D-Von Dudley come back and take the belt from Orton or some other ECW mutant.

Why would that be my booking suggestion? Especially considering you admit my suggestion would have worked better? Strange. I notice a lot of personal comments coming from the HHH supporters. Could it be that they have no adequate defence of their darling? You betcha. At least you admit
    Everyone expected? Cena got injured at the 11th hour! Nobody expected that. I agree with you about short term title reigns, I hated Andre's one, i really hated DiBiase's one. Edge's first one annoyed the hell out of me. But they already threw on a filler match in the six man, what more did you want in that PPV? Hornswoggle v Super Crazy?

I wasn't referring to Cena's injury I was referring to how everyone expected the title to be decided in the main event of the show so it would have been very easy to have the last man standing go on at the end without the first match over Orton.
    And you really need to get over this number of title reigns fixation! It's getting tiresome.

Actually it's quite relevant and you acknowledged yourself in another thread that you beleived HHH to want to be beat it also.
    After Samoan Drops, kicks to the throat and HHH looking like something the cat dragged in after the match. Yeah, i'd call it a very close shave. I don't know what match you were watching!

Nothing to say about HHH pinning Umaga clean with his finisher having already been in a match? Stop me if these questions are too taxing for you!
    Given you're constant putdown of HHH and personal jibes like "old big-nose" and your constant bitching of every HHH match on RAW every week, you've done nothing to make anyone believe otherwise.

Look in the mirror. You bashed Cena at the beginning of your post and you have referred to Undertaker as "Crippletaker" and much worse.
    Minto wrote:
    Who cares if he beats Ric's record?

I wager the majority of wrestling fans care.
    Minto wrote:
    Ric doesn't! I believe he has said in the past that he hopes Triple H beats his record! Ric sees Hunter as what he is, the greatest of this generation (Shawn Michaels is last generation as far as I'm concerned and Kurt Angle couldn't draw near where Triple H has drawn) and deserves what he gets.

VR!

Do you honestly expect Flair to come out and say he hopes HHH doesn't break his record? LOL. Incredible naivety.
    But he will! Much to your dismay.

He certainly will not go down as the greatest of all time.
    And i'll be thinking of you when he gets entered into the hall of fame ten years from now.

You do that. Although I don't begrudge him having a place there.

I'd like the Triple H defenders to stop knocking me personally and to answer the following points...

1) Do you or do you not agree that part of the reason for last night's events was to move Triple H a step closer to beating Flair's record of 16 world titles? If you disagree, please explain why.

2) Do you or do you not agree that Umaga has been left looking ridiculously weak from his feud with Triple H? If you disagree please explain why.

3) Do you or do you not agree that Triple H has been selfish since his return from injury? If you disagree please explain why.

Let's get to the heart of the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

While I wont jump on to the HHHating, I dont care if he has 32 world title reigns, HHH will never, in my mind, be considered the greatest of all time. There are a number of people who will always be ahead of him in that particular category.

I honestly can't see the fuss? Orton is champ after losing his new title 2 hours previous. Who cares that HHH had a reign in between? And will it actually count in the long run? Hardly? Not to mention the fact that he will not have 16+ reigns (not that it even matters). He has probably a year left as a full time performer. Another injury will get him and thats the end of his title chasing.

Billy Gunn pulled triple duty in 99..should they then have put the belt on him?

And who did it before him? Triple H in 97. But if you're comparing HHH to Billy Gunn? I really don't know where to start there.

Orton has been putting on good performances for the last year. HHH is not too long back from the injured list, and aside from last night's PPV which I have yet to see, I can't think of one very good match he's had since he returned. Orton is easily the more deserving one of the two.

I'd agree with you there, and it looks a lot better for Orton if he actually beat someone for the belt, rather than been just handed the belt.

VR!

gimmick wrote:
    I honestly can't see the fuss? Orton is champ after losing his new title 2 hours previous. Who cares that HHH had a reign in between? And will it actually count in the long run? Hardly? Not to mention the fact that he will not have 16+ reigns (not that it even matters). He has probably a year left as a full time performer. Another injury will get him and thats the end of his title chasing.

It comes down to whether or not you approve of his political posturing. You seem confident he won't get to 16+ title reigns but I'm not so sure.

Would you bet against him not main eventing another Wrestlemania? I wouldn't. I wouldn't bet against him picking up title number 12 in the not too distant future.

Minto wrote:
    You seem a little obsessed with him beating Ric's record, but who cares if he beats Ric's record? Ric doesn't! I believe he has said in the past that he hopes Triple H beats his record! Ric sees Hunter as what he is, the greatest of this generation (Shawn Michaels is last generation as far as I'm concerned and Kurt Angle couldn't draw near where Triple H has drawn) and deserves what he gets.

Wow. So when exactly does this generation start and end that Triple H is the greatest in? Bare in mind he was at his peak 7 years ago. And even then he wasn't the biggest draw of that period.

I'm not trying to say Triple H hasn't been in great matches or hasn't drawn. He has done both. But he's nowhere near the greatest of all time on either front (wrestling wise or drawing power) for this generation. Again I'd love you to specify when this generation began that he's the best of.

And who did it before him? Triple H in 97. But if you're comparing HHH to Billy Gunn? I really don't know where to start there.

No I'm not. I'm making the argument that just because somebody wrestles three time in one night, it doesn't mean that they are the most deserving of the title.
    it looks a lot better for Orton if he actually beat someone for the belt, rather than been just handed the belt.

Right, and Orton still could have done that if they simply had the one main event match between him and HHH.

• Advertisement

Cena isn't shagging the boss' daughter or sitting in on creative meetings but then you know that.

Absolutely. But i don't think shagging the bosses daughter has anything to do with it, seeing as he has been sitting in on creative meetings for about five years before he married her. Another example of sheer bias on your part.
    Why would that be my booking suggestion? Especially considering you admit my suggestion would have worked better? Strange. I notice a lot of personal comments coming from the HHH supporters. Could it be that they have no adequate defence of their darling? You betcha. At least you admit

I do admit that we could have done without 3 title changes in one night, But i don't think it makes a blind bit of difference as Orton walked with it in the end anyway, but you're heavily fixated on his amount of reigns, that you almost make it your mission to be p*ssed off by HHH every time he has a match! I'm not trying to defend anything, fact of the matter is, HHH is being booked to win, i'm enjoying it, and you're the one doing all the complaining.
    I wasn't referring to Cena's injury I was referring to how everyone expected the title to be decided in the main event of the show so it would have been very easy to have the last man standing go on at the end without the first match over Orton.

The title match WAS at the end of the show though!
    Actually it's quite relevant and you acknowledged yourself in another thread that you beleived HHH to want to be beat it also.

Not so much that i believe it, i actually couldn't give a rats ass!
    Nothing to say about HHH pinning Umaga clean with his finisher having already been in a match? Stop me if these questions are too taxing for you!

Nothing that he didn't do previously at King Of The Ring in 97 long before he was boning the bosses daughter, NEXT!
    Look in the mirror. You bashed Cena at the beginning of your post and you have referred to Undertaker as "Crippletaker" and much worse.

Yep, and i would do it again as they're just as guilty of doing the same. Only you won't acknowledge it because they're "ya boyz"
    He certainly will not go down as the greatest of all time.

Wait, watch and learn, is all i'll say.

You do that. Although I don't begrudge him having a place there.
    I'd like the Triple H defenders to stop knocking me personally and to answer the following points...

I'd actually like to take the time out to apologise for the "remove the head out of your ass comment", but your "remove the blinkers" comment was also unneccessary too. So when it comes to knocking you personally, you might consider practicing what you preach. :)

1) Do you or do you not agree that part of the reason for last night's events was to move Triple H a step closer to beating Flair's record of 16 world titles? If you disagree, please explain why.

I do disagree here as it really seemed to me that WWE were desperate for filler for that PPV, and that six man tag was enough evidence for me.
    2) Do you or do you not agree that Umaga has been left looking ridiculously weak from his feud with Triple H? If you disagree please explain why.

No i don't. Did Hogan look weak after losing to Rock at Mania X8? No he didn't. A Pinfall doesn't destroy careers like you're making them out. Plenty of KOTR winners won 3 times in one night, i really don't see your beef with that. I actually believe Umaga was thrown in there to weaken HHH (eventho he got the pinfall eventually) to make it look like Orton got the easy victory in the end. A typical heel title win! That way the feud with Umaga can continue so that they don't drag HHH v Orton from now til Mania!
    3) Do you or do you not agree that Triple H has been selfish since his return from injury? If you disagree please explain why.

Up until last week no as i really didn't think nailing Londrick, Cade and Murdoch was that big a deal. Umaga certainly didn't deserve last weeks treatment, and i already acknowledged it. Didn't make him weak going into the PPV though, did it?

Right, and Orton still could have done that if they simply had the one main event match between him and HHH.

Leaving the guts of an hour to kill. I for one didn't want to see any more MVP v Mattitude basketball matches personally. ;)

VR!

Leaving the guts of an hour to kill. I for one didn't want to see any more MVP v Mattitude basketball matches personally. ;)

VR!

That's a fair point. Okay. What they still could have done then was have HHH and Orton DRAW in the first match, thus setting up the LMS main event. That would have been way more logical. See, there's ways and means and other scenarios that could have unfolded last night. The way things were handled in the build up to the main event last night achieved nothing, and was unnecessary and ridiculous. I don't think anything could convince me otherwise.

I do see your point, but a draw ending on the very first match would have pissed off the crowd. It also would have made both guys look as weak as kittens. Where as Umaga softening HHH up before Ortons rematch makes HHH look like sh*t but capable of getting to the ring, and Orton look like the sneaky heel, taking advantage of the situation.

I enjoyed it, and not just because it was HHH, if it was Crippletaker or Cena, i would have equally enjoyed it. And i mean it.

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭TheNumpty

Let's get to the heart of the matter.

1) I don't agree with that because Vince wanted someone who was proven as a champ, who is always over with the crowd when either heel or face and can build up a feud with anyone and make it look good (btw i'm not using the HHH pre 2003). Title reigns are beside the point. He hasn't held the title in over 2 and a half years and how many years has he got left in the tank? I'm sure he doesn't want to be in his late 40's and still challenging for the title.

HHH knows whats good for business, we've seen him put over Benoit, Batista and Cena in 3 consecutive Wrestlemanias. He knows himself he can't be the top dog forever and Orton and Cena are the future of the WWE.

2) Ok Umaga had been made to look a little weaker but in the long run he is not going to be made out to be a pussy. He can destroy jobbers every week and in a meaningful feud he will be made out to be a monster, i point at the example of Kane.

3) Since HHH's return its been obvious that HHH has had to be built up as a credible challenger for the title again. But i will agree it could have been better, he shouldn't have destroyed the tag team division but i can see why its been done. When he put over Orton last night, it made the victory a lot more meaningful.

I don't see too long of a feud between HHH and Orton and i can't see even HHH regaining the title, we have many challengers waiting in the wings e.g Lashley and HBK and even Jericho.

The build up has begun between HHH and Batista last night with their little backstage interaction. I'd much prefer to see where thats leading to.

• Advertisement

No, I don't happen to agree, if Orton had simply been given the title, it would have made him seem like a weak champion. IMHO, he had to win it off someone. Believe it or not, he'll get a rub from winning it off Triple H as opposed to someone else. Triple H getting another step closer to Ric's record reigns as champ is pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things as far as I'm concerned. Making Orton seem a stronger champ was more the reasoning for it.

IMHO, no! I don't think Umaga looks weak from his program with Hunter. I think if Umaga looks weak, it is because he is playing a cliched character that has been seen numerous times before in WWE. His feud with Triple H adds to his experience and its not like he will be champ in the foreseeable future, so having him lose to a man who WILL be champ soon, is just good business.

I think he may be perceived as selfish, but I don't think he is being selfish. Since his injury, he hasn't been putting people over, but tbh, I don't really care.

Now, I have answered the 3 questions asked of me, would some of the HHHaters answer me a question or two?

1. How come Kennedy's non-selling of Londrick's offense hasn't been brought up yet?

2. Will Triple H ever be allowed live without the constant criticism of the smarks out there?

I do see your point, but a draw ending on the very first match would have pissed off the crowd.

Okay, it might have. I don't think it would have pissed them off to the same degree that the DQ finish at Unforgiven did. Simply because the ME would have been announced right after the draw, so the crowd would know they were getting another match and a title change. So I don;t think the crowd would be that hostile at all.
    Where as Umaga softening HHH up before Ortons rematch makes HHH look like sh*t but capable of getting to the ring, and Orton look like the sneaky heel, taking advantage of the situation.

OR if you look at it another way, it has the opposite effect. It makes Orton look weaker as it looks like he needed HHH to be softened up by another man before he could beat him. You could also say that HHH only lost to Orton having been through two other matches previously..

Wow, I can't believe I'm still posting in this thread. This is way deeper into a HHH debate then I wanted to get. ;)

Absolutely. But i don't think shagging the bosses daughter has anything to do with it, seeing as he has been sitting in on creative meetings for about five years before he married her. Another example of sheer bias on your part.

There's no bias on my part. I just wanted you to acknowledge that Cena beat opponents put before him because he was told to do so, whereas Triple H has the power to determine who he'll face and what will happen. At least the story has been set straight.
    I do admit that we could have done without 3 title changes in one night, But i don't think it makes a blind bit of difference as Orton walked with it in the end anyway, but you're heavily fixated on his amount of reigns, that you almost make it your mission to be p*ssed off by HHH every time he has a match! I'm not trying to defend anything, fact of the matter is, HHH is being booked to win, i'm enjoying it, and you're the one doing all the complaining.

Few things to say here. If you admit we could have done without 3 title changes why are you being so hostile towards me for having that viewpoint? I'm focusing on the number of reigns because the title reign of Triple H was pretty much pointless unless of course there was a deeper significance to it (which there is - the quest he has to have the most title reigns which you yourself have acknowledged in the past). One last thing, I'm clearly not the one doing "all the complaining" as this thread, the 'All About the Game' thread, the article done on the Wrestling Observer, numerous fan forum comments, numerous podcasts etc. all show that.
    The title match WAS at the end of the show though!

Precisely which begs the question why was there a need to have one at the start of the evening in which HHH wins the belt? (11 ahem...)
    Not so much that i believe it, i actually couldn't give a rats ass!

You might not care about him beating the number of reigns but you HAVE acknowledged it before.
    Nothing that he didn't do previously at King Of The Ring in 97 long before he was boning the bosses daughter, NEXT!

But the reality is he holds substantial political influence now and so I repeat my question - have you nothing to say about him beating the monster heel clean having been through a match already?
    Yep, and i would do it again as they're just as guilty of doing the same. Only you won't acknowledge it because they're "ya boyz"

No idea what you're talking about. I just object to you calling me a "biased f*ck" because I have used insulting comemnts towards HHH when you yourself have done the exact same towards Taker and Cena. Less of the hypocrisy please.
    Wait, watch and learn, is all i'll say.

Unless he develops in-ring skills to surpass Shawn Michaels at this late stage of his career, it ain't happening.
    I'd actually like to take the time out to apologise for the "remove the head out of your ass comment", but your "remove the blinkers" comment was also unneccessary too. So when it comes to knocking you personally, you might consider practicing what you preach. :)

I appreciate the apology. I don't feel I have knocked you personally though. I wish you'd look at certain points rather than trying to deflect away from them by bringing up Ken Kennedy, KOTR '97, Cena etc.
    I do disagree here as it really seemed to me that WWE were desperate for filler for that PPV, and that six man tag was enough evidence for me.

Fair enough if that's your view but it leads me to wonder why you think HHH would be used as filler when he was already scheduled for a match with Umaga? Couldn't they find someone else? Maybe even someone from a different brand like Undertaker which was an idea mooted before? Why was HHH invovled in a WWE TITLE MATCH? (You know what I think ;) )
    No i don't. Did Hogan look weak after losing to Rock at Mania X8? No he didn't. A Pinfall doesn't destroy careers like you're making them out.

You've gotta be kidding me? You're comparing HULK HOGAN (one of the most established wrestling stars ever) to Umaga? A guy who is still trying to become an established main event force? Come on, man.
    Plenty of KOTR winners won 3 times in one night, i really don't see your beef with that.

I've no problem with guys having 3 matches in one night. I do have a problem with a guy who holds significant political influence being involved in 3 WWE title matches in one night.
    I actually believe Umaga was thrown in there to weaken HHH (eventho he got the pinfall eventually) to make it look like Orton got the easy victory in the end. A typical heel title win! That way the feud with Umaga can continue so that they don't drag HHH v Orton from now til Mania!

Orton was hardly made to look like he got an easy win. HHH survived an RKO on a steel chair for crying out loud! Plus HHH almost beat him. And you brought Cena up earlier, when he went through the Elimination Chamber at NYR and then had to face Edge he lasted about 5 minutes and didn't look like winning. Then again he's not the Superman that HHH is!
    Up until last week no as i really didn't think nailing Londrick, Cade and Murdoch was that big a deal.

I was under the impression you regarded it as a squash but justified it on the grounds you didn't see them as future main eventers?
    Umaga certainly didn't deserve last weeks treatment, and i already acknowledged it. Didn't make him weak going into the PPV though, did it?

Well it did make him look weak as he didn't manage to make Triple H look vulnerable once at all!

To sum up, what i get from your post is the following...

- You think last night was not about adding another WWE title to HHH's record but merely due to the WWE "needing filler" - even though they had plenty of other options they could have gone with. Hmm.

- You don't think the monster heel Umaga has been left looking weak in his feud with HHH despite the fact he backtracked from HHH on Raw (which you acknowledged was a joke) and despite the fact he was pinned clean by the pedigree by HHH on the PPV (who had been in a match already on the show). Hmm.

- You don't think HHH has been selfish since his return despite the fact he's gone though Booker T, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Carlito, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, Umaga and also Randy Orton (which earned him his 11th WWE title).

I must say I disagree with you wholeheartedly. It's one thing to defend a guy you like (apprently you regard him as the best wrestler ever!) but your defence of him goes against almost all logic. Guess we'll have to agree to differ yet again...

I ain't a trips hater (though he has got much more than he deserved over the years) but i will answer your questions.

1. How come Kennedy's non-selling of Londrick's offense hasn't been brought up yet?

didn't see the match but if he no sold then that lowers my estimation of him. Only the mighty Zeus could pull off the no sell to perfection :D

2. Will Triple H ever be allowed live without the constant criticism of the smarks out there?

no and rightly so. nobody in this life has the right to be free of criticism

Okay, it might have. I don't think it would have pissed them off to the same degree that the DQ finish at Unforgiven did.

A decision i'm still annoyed with as i honestly believe that Cena held that belt at least five months too long.
    OR if you look at it another way, it has the opposite effect. It makes Orton look weaker as it looks like he needed HHH to be softened up by another man before he could beat him. You could also say that HHH only lost to Orton having been through two other matches previously..

Well thats where the sneaky heel comes into play, look at Honky Tonk Man's IC title reign. All the cheap finishes. And the amount of money it drew (Stacks! As people kept going to show after show to see him get his!)
    Wow, I can't believe I'm still posting in this thread. This is way deeper into a HHH debate then I wanted to get. ;)

Better not listen to the up and coming podcast then, being recorded tonight. More on that later in the podcast thread /shill

VR!

TheNumpty wrote:
    1) I don't agree with that because Vince wanted someone who was proven as a champ, who is always over with the crowd when either heel or face and can build up a feud with anyone and make it look good (btw i'm not using the HHH pre 2003). Title reigns are beside the point. He hasn't held the title in over 2 and a half years and how many years has he got left in the tank? I'm sure he doesn't want to be in his late 40's and still challenging for the title.

HHH knows whats good for business, we've seen him put over Benoit, Batista and Cena in 3 consecutive Wrestlemanias. He knows himself he can't be the top dog forever and Orton and Cena are the future of the WWE.

2) Ok Umaga had been made to look a little weaker but in the long run he is not going to be made out to be a pussy. He can destroy jobbers every week and in a meaningful feud he will be made out to be a monster, i point at the example of Kane.

3) Since HHH's return its been obvious that HHH has had to be built up as a credible challenger for the title again. But i will agree it could have been better, he shouldn't have destroyed the tag team division but i can see why its been done. When he put over Orton last night, it made the victory a lot more meaningful.

I don't see too long of a feud between HHH and Orton and i can't see even HHH regaining the title, we have many challengers waiting in the wings e.g Lashley and HBK and even Jericho.

The build up has begun between HHH and Batista last night with their little backstage interaction. I'd much prefer to see where thats leading to.

Thanks for answering my points. What I'm getting from your post is the following...

- You feel Vince wanted someone proven as a champ which is why he gave HHH the strap? But if that's the case why give it to him only to see him lose it at the end of the night? You also say that, "I'm sure he doesn't want to be in his late 40's and still challenging for the title." Isn't that the situation we have now?

You also point out that HHH knows what's good for business on account of him putting over Benoit, Cena and Batista at Wrestlemanias. You seem to overlook the fact that he has been involved himself in heavyweight title matches at WM18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and also would have been at 23 had he not suffered his quad injury. If he knew what was best for business why did he lobby for Edge to have his WWE title run cut short after a month in 2006 so that he could face Cena at WM22?

- You acknowledge Umaga has been made to look weak but justify it on the grounds he can once again be made to look like a monster. Then I would ask, what's the point of that? Why derail Umaga at all?

- You claim the burial job HHH has done in recent weeks has been to make him look like a credible challenger. Yet earlier you claimed Vince wanted someone proven as a challenger which is why he went with HHH.

I can't agree at all that guys like London and Kendrick needed to be buried to make HHH look credible. He has credibility from his years in the industry.

Vince, I believe this generation is roughly 2001/2 - present! Why? because it was around that time that wrestlers like Stone Cold and The Rock finished their full-time careers, wrestling entered a new era, with WCW closing and Orton and Cena and Batista debuting.

As far as Triple H being the best and not HBK, Hunter was still making his mark then and when HBK returned, he was kinda like a returning legend from yesteryear if that makes any sense.

Minto wrote:
    Now, I have answered the 3 questions asked of me, would some of the HHHaters answer me a question or two?

Despite my posts in this thread I'm not a "HHHater". But since I'm bored, I'll give those questions a go.

1. It has been brought up already in the other thread. But besides that, what Kennedy does in a separate match doesn't really have anything to do with the current HHH debate. There's a difference between no selling moves and winning and losing a title and defeating a monster heel cleanly all in one night.

2. I'm not a "smark" but I'd say once ego displays such as what happened last night occur, then there will be cause for criticism. And justifiably so.

I'm gonna fly through this as theres some serious stuff i wanna clear up before heading out of work.

One last thing, I'm clearly not the one doing "all the complaining" as this thread, the 'All About the Game' thread, the article done on the Wrestling Observer, numerous fan forum comments, numerous podcasts etc. all show that.

No, but you're the one who is the first to completely lose it here regarding HHH on every RAW and PPV. Check your posts.
    Precisely which begs the question why was there a need to have one at the start of the evening in which HHH wins the belt? (11 ahem...)

And you still can't let it go. And if i didn't know better, i'd swear you were in it for the windup!
    You might not care about him beating the number of reigns but you HAVE acknowledged it before.

Still not as often as you! ;)
    But the reality is he holds substantial political influence now and so I repeat my question - have you nothing to say about him beating the monster heel clean having been through a match already?

Nothing Hogan didn't do countless times over the years, and he's considered a legend. What's so different here?
    No idea what you're talking about. I just object to you calling me a "biased f*ck" because I have used insulting comemnts towards HHH when you yourself have done the exact same towards Taker and Cena. Less of the hypocrisy please.

That was directed at a number of people here who have constantly bashed the crap out of HHH since his return. Not directly at you, if you took it that way, my apologies, but that most definitely not the case. As for hypocracy, take a look in the mirror regarding your feelings on Taker there. This could go around in circles.
    I appreciate the apology. I don't feel I have knocked you personally though. I wish you'd look at certain points rather than trying to deflect away from them by bringing up Ken Kennedy, KOTR '97, Cena etc.

I do look at them, and i do take them on board. But replying to you on certain things just goes around in circles. Kennedy and KOTR were valid points, regardless on if you can accept them or not. Personally i'm tired of one set of rules for everyone, and another set for HHH.
    Couldn't they find someone else? Maybe even someone from a different brand like Undertaker which was an idea mooted before? Why was HHH invovled in a WWE TITLE MATCH? (You know what I think ;) )

I do not know why Taker wasn't thrown in there, unless they plan on giving him the other belt from Batista on SD. Personally i think that Cena being shelved at the 11th hour destroyed all plans for that show and there was a lack of damage control.
    You've gotta be kidding me? You're comparing HULK HOGAN (one of the most established wrestling stars ever) to Umaga? A guy who is still trying to become an established main event force? Come on, man.

Guess you misread there. I was comparing Hogan to HHH in regards monster killing.
    I've no problem with guys having 3 matches in one night. I do have a problem with a guy who holds significant political influence being involved in 3 WWE title matches in one night.

Eventhough we don't know that political influence was the basis behind it? For all we know, that was McMahon's bright idea!
    I must say I disagree with you wholeheartedly. It's one thing to defend a guy you like (apprently you regard him as the best wrestler ever!) but your defence of him goes against almost all logic. Guess we'll have to agree to differ yet again...

I had to skip through a load of this because 1) you probably know what i'm gonna say anyway and 2), i'm meant to be out of here 10 minutes ago!! I've no problem agreeing to differ. I don't regard HHH as the best ever, that accolade goes to Michaels in my eyes (ask Dre as in Dray!). I just appreciate what he's contributed to the business as well as given me the first enjoyable WWE PPV in months!

VR!

Minto wrote:

No, I don't happen to agree, if Orton had simply been given the title, it would have made him seem like a weak champion. IMHO, he had to win it off someone. Believe it or not, he'll get a rub from winning it off Triple H as opposed to someone else. Triple H getting another step closer to Ric's record reigns as champ is pretty irrelevant in the scheme of things as far as I'm concerned. Making Orton seem a stronger champ was more the reasoning for it.

IMHO, no! I don't think Umaga looks weak from his program with Hunter. I think if Umaga looks weak, it is because he is playing a cliched character that has been seen numerous times before in WWE. His feud with Triple H adds to his experience and its not like he will be champ in the foreseeable future, so having him lose to a man who WILL be champ soon, is just good business.

I think he may be perceived as selfish, but I don't think he is being selfish. Since his injury, he hasn't been putting people over, but tbh, I don't really care.

Thanks for answering my points. What I'm getting from your answers is that...

- You justify Triple H winning the title on the grounds Orton being handed the title would have made him look weak. I'm in agreement that handing Orton the title would have been bad but I believe they should have simply announced HHH vs Orton in the last man standing main event and have HHH put Orton over. Wouldn't that have worked well? I do hate it when world titles are just handed over. I'm sure like me you hated when that happened in 2002 and HHH was made the new World Heavyweight Champion, right? ;)

- You don't believe Umaga has been made to look weak despite never having the opportunity to inflcit damage on Hunter and despite losing clean to a guy who was in his 2nd match of the night. Can't agree at all. As for the feud with HHH "adding experience", what does that mean? The experience of working with a selfish dick?

- You don't think he is being selfish but then don't really care. I think you know full well he is being selfish but don't really care. Wouldn't that be more accurate, Minto?
    Minto wrote:

1. One wonders why Kennedy's non-selling of Londrick's offense would be brought up in a discussion about HHH misusing his political influence. As a red herring perhaps?

2. Triple H gets criticism for abusing his power. You don't seem to care about that which is your right but even you acknowledged that "he may be perceived as selfish" which leads me to believe you know he is selfish but since you're a fan of his you aren't bothered by it. Well those of us who aren't fans are bothered. Can you blame us?

• Advertisement
Advertisement