Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain registration query...

Options
  • 08-10-2007 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I found a .com I wish to register. However, the domain is currently registered. It expired on 28 July 2007 and the status of the domain is set to Redemption Period. I did a bit of searching at it appears it should only stay at this status for 30 days before being released again for registration.

It's nearly 2 and a half months now. How can I get this domain? Backorder? If I backorder, will the current registrar (godaddy) renew it and try auction it?

Any ideas welcome! :D

Rgds, Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭CoNfOuNd

I don't trust backorders, in that I'd wonder what percentage of people who make backorders actually get the domains they want...

Normally when a domain expires you will have 40 days to renew it before it enters the redemption period. The redemption period is an additional 30 days where the owner can reclaim the domain for an excessive fee.

It could be released 70-75 days after expiring (any day now?), or the registrar might hold onto it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You can try backordering / drop catching etc., but there are no guarantees.

If you need an account on Namejet just let me know

Advertisement