Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BIOS q

• 08-10-2007 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

Going through the different options of it, I had an option to set the video memory cache something. It is currently set at 32 MB, my VRAM, so I assuming it is an option to set the video memory. Why wouldn't I set it to it's highest setting (128 MB, I believe)? Why are there options? Does it take away from regular memory or something?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

What kind of graphics card do you have? Onboard /PCI / AGP? How much memory does it have? Setting memory above what your graphics card will not improve performance.

This is the AGP Aperture. It's used to configure an amount of extra RAM to be used as video memory if necessary. I think it can be configured from 16MB to 2GB (8x only - AGP 4x and lower have a maximum of 256MB). But it only uses whatever is needed.

But of course, if you're using a PCIe or PCI card this has no effect. PCIe dynamically allocates this value, rendering it obsolete. PCI on the other hand just doesn't support it.

Advertisement